Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 64653545556575859 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I am giving SoA way too much credit in all of those reasons. I do not think SoJ are the evil people keeping SoA down.

I think SoA is highly corporatized, just as much as its competition, but doesn't have as much momentum and is therefor relatively falling behind, losing market shares, and just generally being forgotten about.

The way I see it, SoA is stuck in its ways, and its ways never really worked in the first place...
    Given their pc game portfolio I think the western Sega has done right by the consumer. On the PSO side, while Japan is the gate keeper and they have never been dealing with the western half right. What they did to people supporting Shining Force was deplorable. So of course reasonable expectations with Western Phantasy Star Online 2 is needed.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Sonic Team has no involvement with this game.
    "I don't know what the employee makeup of the company is now."

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    One thing that kind of occurred to me (because I'm an idiot and I don't notice things like this). But on the japanese launcher it has spanish, italian, french, chinese, korean, german and english listed. It could be that they're not just releasing an NA version, but an international version and are caught up on the details. They said they were working on it, and they also said it wasn't canceled. So an E3 announcement would make sense. But it's still mind boggling how SEGA can go so far out of their way to not communicate with their fans.
    That would be great wouldn't it? Just like the original PSO for Dreamcast, remember that? Good times, that was one of the game's main selling points too.
    Hatsodoom Forever!

Will Japanese non-unicode still be compatible with the US version? It had to change to US for DCUO, which I quit past the first boss because I had no X-Box controller back then. If they delay to intentionally make it incompatible I will be angry! Some games convert Asian characters into ? and it's annoying let all people use their characters and enough with "localization" and barriers.

-JP population is very niche though. (centered around only a couple blocks out of many)

-higher AC costs

-racism/hate from jp players. (yes it exists)

-requires use of mods to play completely (not everything is translated that needs to be, and stuff that isnt, u have to spend time to look it up which takes more time. [before anyone says hiragana is easy to learn: ive been exposed to moon runes for a year now and i still dont understand what any of it means)

-unobtainable or useable features (netcafe/etc)

-segaJP has the right to delete your account at anytime for any reason because its not supposed to be there. (yes i have had 2 igns deleted and the reason i got from them: "it is agaisnt the TOS for people from your country to connect to these server therefore your account has been deleted")

vs

-near full english community

-cheaper AC prices (no markups from middlemen)

-no need for mods, keeping them up to date, conflicting.

-no need to learn a whole new ailen language just to play a single mmo.

-no account deletions for playing the server.
    -------------

also before anyone says anything:

i played psu 360 & pc EN from start to end. i had no complaints during my exprinces there after thousands of hours played.

i was happy with the state of the game and content with playing it as it was.
    I dont need to "Get a life". Im a gamer! I have LOTS of lives!

Quote Originally Posted by iridesence View Post
    vs

You forgot to add in:
    -every block is like block 20

Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on what kind of person you are, I guess.

Don't bring logic in here. Plus people will trash SoA but they forget it's Sega japan that has the keys and it's them who have fucked up most of the games.

-JP population is very niche though. (centered around only a couple blocks out of many)

-higher AC costs

-racism/hate from jp players. (yes it exists)

-requires use of mods to play completely (not everything is translated that needs to be, and stuff that isnt, u have to spend time to look it up which takes more time. [before anyone says hiragana is easy to learn: ive been exposed to moon runes for a year now and i still dont understand what any of it means)

-unobtainable or useable features (netcafe/etc)

-segaJP has the right to delete your account at anytime for any reason because its not supposed to be there. (yes i have had 2 igns deleted and the reason i got from them: "it is agaisnt the TOS for people from your country to connect to these server therefore your account has been deleted")

vs

-------------

also before anyone says anything:

i played psu 360 & pc EN from start to end. i had no complaints during my exprinces there after thousands of hours played.

i was happy with the state of the game and content with playing it as it was.
    I love these highly opinionated lists where they make it look like they're stacking pros vs. cons, when in reality they're just stacking cons that one has and then repeatedly saying the other doesn't have it.

I'd say don't pay either version until they become worthy.
    But impulse control among gamers is very low.

yes i have had 2 igns deleted and the reason i got from them: "it is agaisnt the TOS for people from your country to connect to these server therefore your account has been deleted"
    Yes they can ban you without having to justify themselves, but you're the first person I see that actually got banned, so there probably was a reason for that. As far as I know they don't go around deleting foreign accounts for fun.

I could be wrong I guess...