Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Final Fantasy XV? Can't they just give the series a rest? The last time we had GOOD FF game was 6. 9 wasn't bad but after that it was all god awful. I played and beat FF7 a few times but I still say it as one of the worst. As for FF8 and 10, they both should have been left on the drawing board. 12 was pretty bad too. 13 was nothing but one long and boring cut scene.

I mean, come on. The series is Final FANTASY, not Final Science Fiction. Bring back the good old days of FF 1-6. These days it's like trying to milk a dead cow.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Meevs View Post
    What guy, care to name the person your referring to?
    Peter Molyneux?

"Molyneux has gained a great deal of infamy in regards to his over-hyping of games he has worked on, dating back to Black & White. He has a habit of making too many promises about features and content in his games that end up either not being included or not actually as good as he made it seem." -Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Hawk View Post
    As for FF8 and 10, they both should have been left on the drawing board. 12 was pretty bad too. 13 was nothing but one long and boring cut scene.
    10 was the best of the series, 12 had good gameplay but a god awful story due to it's focus on politics instead of the characters. 13 had a good story and a fun combat system but it was very linear which is why it gets all of it's heat.

but man... 10? that shit was a fuckin masterpiece! lol (though I'm a bit biased in the fact that it was my first FF I played all the way through)

but also 2 is my favorite of the old ones and 4 was very good.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

9 is still my favorite.

Anyway this rumor has been officially "squashed"

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Meevs View Post
    Well, I'm glad they've continued, as I'm a big fan of the old XI and a fan of SE's mmorpg style. Yeah, the release was terrible, for me personally because I hated that they tried to(and still are, will see how 2.0 turns out) go casual and of course all the new things they tried like no AH. I hope there's some hardcore elements in there, such as taking months to acquire an item through various quests, etc. etc.
    ...No offense, but making things "hardcore" like you described isn't "hardcore," it's called "bad design."

They're not "going casual" just because they're streamlining the game - they're trying to make the game actually fun as it absolutely wasn't when it launched. Bad ideas are bad ideas, regardless of how much sustained effort it requires on part of the player - making the only means of acquiring an item being a months-long grindfest is nothing more than a malicious timesink, and one of the worst possible things you can do for a subscription-based game.

You want people to keep playing because it's actually enjoyable to play - not because some excessive grind mandates that they grind away all the time in order to actually accomplish something.

It's a good thing if they're avoiding this kind of crap. It's not mere casualization if it's being done to make it a better and more enjoyable game experience, so much as it is realizing that "hardest of hardcore" isn't necessarily a good thing.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

None taken, see I know where your coming from, I understand why there are casuals, or people who don't wanna do long quests... it's just that(like many debates we deal with in life, people don't try to see the other side, or they begin to throw insults, like your a virgin, which is just ridiculous) that's the world we live in and the one I escape from

They're not "going casual" just because they're streamlining the game - they're trying to make the game actually fun as it absolutely wasn't when it launched.
    Fun, many people have different aspects of fun, what I'm seeing today is that the industry is beginning to cater to those that see "fun" in a casual, my 30mins of playtime doesn't matter because "its only a game" "fun". Yes it's only a game to those who don't treat it as a hobby, but like collecting miniature toys, wine tasting, reading books, etc. etc. this is also a hobby, but were losing the serious side of it, like how people take model trains serious. I mean having reflexes, being able to think quickly and clearly and plan things is just as important for this hobby as it is to understand engineering for train hobby, or various other sports like golf. It's not physical but it's just as mental and requires time.

Bad ideas are bad ideas, regardless of how much sustained effort it requires on part of the player - making the only means of acquiring an item being a months-long grindfest is nothing more than a malicious timesink, and one of the worst possible things you can do for a subscription-based game.
    An example from Final Fantasy Xi is getting an item(or completing a quest in xi as most items like this were rewards from quests) that took quite some time to get.

Optical Hat, you need multiple items that weren't easy to get, and took organization, and planning, then you needed someone(a high level alchemist(trade not a job)) to take a chance and craft another item, then you had to use that item to spawn a mob that was a challenge to beat in order to get the hat.

This took a while to get, you had to travel the world and immerse yourself in the society as it couldn't entirely be done alone(I think someone did it alone but it's a lot harder)

Each step is what makes it fun, to know that your working towards something in the end, creating a memorable journey. No other game like XI.

Subscription based games? To me, games with endless content, are games that you play to create in game history, joining a virtual society, I definitely think quests like this better those environments, because if you just beat it all and wait for the next expansion, it feels like your buying a new game every other month...*cough* *cough*... in XI, there were always endless amounts of activities you could work on after the story line was completed for that "update", HNM's that dropped items that you had to work on 10 other quests just to even use, things like that keep you locked in the world as opposed to just running through content.

---- There was one quests are many, from the second expansion that continued for many for years after and throughout many other expansions

For you that know, this is ROZ, and this was dynamis, and I'm not even talking about relic weapons, I'm talking about AF, people joined dynamis linkshells and stayed in them, it was like a family apart from your main linkshell family in game. These quests were fun because of everything you had to do in order to complete the quests, there was preparation, having your job at appropiate level(you could downlvl so yeah, making sure you had enough gil to participate, making sure you came prepaired(items, gear, etc), THE SOCIAL ASPECT OF THESE QUESTS(people know you could get booted for bs and people know the darkside of dynamis ls's, and being available to take part in your hobby(nothing sucked more than people showing up every other night, my thing is, if you have more than one thin you'd rather do, don't plan more shit than you can handle, (ofcourse people like to use the its just a game, but refer to hobby section of post )---

What I meant by my last post is that, I hope SE keeps a lot of content like that in XIV, so that players like me(and there are plenty) will be able to have "fun" to. I know that it's inevitable that they're gonna try to make "money" by creating a more "casual" world but I hope they keep those roots in there too.
    Final Fantasy XV? Can't they just give the series a rest? The last time we had GOOD FF game was 6. 9 wasn't bad but after that it was all god awful. I played and beat FF7 a few times but I still say it as one of the worst. As for FF8 and 10, they both should have been left on the drawing board. 12 was pretty bad too. 13 was nothing but one long and boring cut scene.

I mean, come on. The series is Final FANTASY, not Final Science Fiction. Bring back the good old days of FF 1-6. These days it's like trying to milk a dead cow.
    I totally disagree, I for one don't see why the series shouldn't go on forever. The first was Final because it was a last shot, if you think about it, most of them don't have sequels, and are just that "Final" and if they do its in that world(except versus?).

Final Fantasy( a fantasy can take place in any setting...)

Of course my fav. was XI, but I know many don't count it(even though, its just has more content than the others, there's still a story... anyways)... but I like all the ones I've played, 5,6,7,8,9,10,XI,12.
    Last edited by Meevs; Jul 24, 2012 at 05:12 AM.

The game has not been canceled.

Yoichi Wada dismissed the rumor on Twitter:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/23...uare-enix-ceo/

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Kazuya View Post
    The game has not been canceled.

Yoichi Wada dismissed the rumor on Twitter:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/23...uare-enix-ceo/
    they also posted it on gamespot as well.

that's cool that they didnt cancelled it. i'll wait for this game to come out on NA and buy
    it when it's $20 or less. XIII-2 was already $15.00 last i check on amazon...lol.

my last FF game i played was X. i havent bother touching the later ones. i didnt like the ways
    they change the battle system and stuffs. others might like the changes, but i dont like it
    much. but i'll buy the game when it's UBER cheap and probably just leave them in the dust afterward.
    like i did with XIII.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Xefi reminded me of another reason they should just drop the series. It's been dumbed down to the point of it being unplayable to real gamers.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Hawk View Post
    real gamers.
    What is this?

Why is "gamer" and "hardcore gamer" such a good word or a compliment or something people used to describe a game that basically fits their preference?

If you wanna go that far saying "real gamer"

I'd say you'd have to be a "REAL GAMER," to even have the PATIENCE to sit through final fantasy 13, without getting mentally sick from having to deal with the horrible characters. Which is ironic that the game focuses so hard on it's story and cutscenes when none of the characters are like-able.

So I'd say that's some "real gamer" shit right there...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.