Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

They're pretty fast, and they have their uses. Like bosses. Slicers in this game work off the MST stat, which means forces make better use of them. They generally stick to one target, although they can hit multiple targets if they're all bunched up (Doesn't happen often, but there's bosses you can exploit this on).

Their accuracy is horrible, though (I forget if that matters in Normal or Hard though), so unless you set up some accuracy you're probably not gonna hit much in Super Hard. Aside from bosses, since they don't evade much. That's why you tend to see force slicer usage during some bosses.

On another note, the only PA worth using on a slicer is Bright Sign. Edge Riser is just lame and Say Good-bye inflicts confusion, which isn't so great since sometimes a confused enemy can still attack you.

For the record, they're more like return-throw boomerangs than the slicers you know in other games (Which are more like swords that fire rebound shots).

scary place on earth called gamefaqs.com,name is CieraBakufu there.

what is the recommended level to fight the octopus boss in story mode as a human female HU because i am a level 20 now and i still get pwned by it(think i broke the death record by 100)?

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Hm... as a Human, it's supposed to be your second stage, correct? If that's true, I'd say the recommended level to face it in the story mode is about level 10, just about. You could go as high as 15 if you needed, or around between those amounts, and still be good, but for the most part, level isn't the most important factor when it comes to fighting bosses, it's your equips and strategy. I can give you a strategy if you like, but first, I would like to know just what equips do you mainly use to fight with? It helps to build a strategy off of your currently-used playstyle, so it doesn't feel awkward transitioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

i uses claws fully grinded and scale armor and even technics.i can get up to his second phase,but he loves to spin me alot and eat me.
    Last edited by Ame; Aug 15, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

Hm... alright. What PA is on the claws? I'm assuming you're using D-Fangs, since I recall you asking about the max grinds and mentioning them, and since those are easily-found and around your assumed level, so I'm guessing Serpent Air is correct, yes? As for the armor, I guess it might be alright for the Scale Armor if you have nothing better, like a Brigandine Armor or something, slots negligible, but another little tidbit that could help are units as well, though this early, it's hard to say that they'll be game-changers.

Alright, I think I got something going. As a Hunter Human, your best best with claws as a close-ranged weapon is to stay on the defensive for the most part in this battle, always pay attention to what Octo's head is doing, and try to evade his moves before attempting to strike him. It may lead to less damage taken, and in the end, more successfully played, an imminent victory. Stay on the move when you aren't attacking, and make dodging his tentacles a priority in the first phase. When he starts to try his spinning attack with his tentacles on the pier, just move outward away from him as far as you can, dodgerolling if you have to to avoid getting hit early on. When he tries to suck you into his mouth, make sure you start running away and to one side (either left or right, not switching directions mid-run) from him the moment he pulls his tentacles into the water, and the moment he stops sucking in, stop running back and just make haste to the side you were running from before, and dodge exactly two seconds after he stopped sucking. If you're fast enough, you can get close to his head on the pierside and hit him a few times for decent damage, and then the cycle repeats.

For when phase two begins, stage an all-out offensive against one of his tentacles, and make sure you stay dodging his bigger attacks. You shouldn't have to worry too much about his head's attacks, but try and dodge them/heal from them when you can. His drill-tentacle attack is a force to avoid if he still has both of his tentacles, so stay ouf of in front of him when that move is coming. When he goes to grab you with his tentacles, make sure to try and move outward and dodgeroll if necessary, as the spray he shoots after is exceedingly painful. When he tries to suck you in during this pahse, just try and position part of the inner circle of water between you and him, and so his sucking will not move you a budge, and once he stops, just let loose hell on him while he's vulnerable. If you sense you're going to be sucked in, though, quickly press L+Start to open your item menu, and you can heal yourself while you're inside his mouth to avoid getting killed, which while is kinda cheap, actually works, so use it if you have to.

Hopefully, with these tricks, you'll be able to put the hurt on him.

Which weapon has the most potiental to hit the hardest?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Claws with Bite Stamp/Swords with Over End. They're ridiculously powerful although charge time's slow (Slowest in the case of Over End). But slap a Compress PA on and it'll be more bearable. If you want specific weapons, the Hadan Bite is the strongest possible customizable claw (Which you can stuff celeb and element boost for max level Celeb). As for swords, the Ainsraiffe is the strongest customizable (Although it only goes up to level 3, so you can only get a level 4 celeb max. Or you can stuff Life on it or something) while the Milias Breaker is the strongest sword with Over End. I guess it can possibly have Celeb or Life? Not sure.

As for you, Ame, Chaos seems to have covered most of it but if you're still having trouble, I have a bunch of my notes in this guide here Although I guess it doubles as boss spoilers. Feel free to look back at it later, it covers some later difficulty differences as well.
    Last edited by Daggart; Aug 17, 2012 at 04:26 AM.

thank you daggart and rappy because i just pwned it like a boss.:3

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    Which weapon has the most potiental to hit the hardest?
    Yonohate In has the highest possible ATP of any weapon in the game, with its 50 grind limit and +50 ATP / +25 ATA set bonus while equipped with a Noble Cloak (grand total ATP of weapon: 652 ATP [602 affectable by enemy percentiles); when used on a HUcast (Lv100 ATP: 504) with max POW mag (+100 ATP) and maxed on Power Materials (+80 ATP), and equipped with 4 Divine/Powers [+100 ATP] (since you don't need an Element Boost to make Risk deal more damage on its procs, and Compress PA is useless for its PA because it's such a small AoE for damage and has a less-than-100% ATP mod), you will have a combined total of:

1436 ATP

Now, all you have to do is find one with good Native%, smack around a few Pobamma's on Normal with Heavy Attacks after either receiving a powerful Shifta from a friendly Force/Kai on solo mode (or from the PB Midgul, used four-way if possible for best result), and wait to see the number that pops up when your Risk procs, and BING! Insane damage numbers. :P

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Yonohate In has the highest possible ATP of any weapon in the game, with its 50 grind limit and +50 ATP / +25 ATA set bonus while equipped with a Noble Cloak (grand total ATP of weapon: 652 ATP [602 affectable by enemy percentiles); when used on a HUcast (Lv100 ATP: 504) with max POW mag (+100 ATP) and maxed on Power Materials (+80 ATP), and equipped with 4 Divine/Powers [+100 ATP] (since you don't need an Element Boost to make Risk deal more damage on its procs, and Compress PA is useless for its PA because it's such a small AoE for damage and has a less-than-100% ATP mod), you will have a combined total of:

1436 ATP

Now, all you have to do is find one with good Native%, smack around a few Pobamma's on Normal with Heavy Attacks after either receiving a powerful Shifta from a friendly Force/Kai on solo mode (or from the PB Midgul, used four-way if possible for best result), and wait to see the number that pops up when your Risk procs, and BING! Insane damage numbers. :P
    If you're looking for insane damage numbers. Why not get PSOBB, and grab a level 200 force and go level 30 rafoie a booma? Or is this limited to PSZ? If so you may want to run the numbers for the rest of the hunters sometime, especially Hunewm as he wears noble cloak 24/7 at end-game, and maybe HUmar due to +20 mats.