Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

#fuckkonami
    Looking for some old friends I used to play with on a certain famous PSOBB private server. I used to go by Adept who was a FoNewearl as well as RedRingRico while wearing her model. That was 3+ years ago I believe. Please, if you think we used to play together, contact me. I miss my old circle of friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz Redavni View Post
    #fuckkonami
    ROCKETUUUUU PAAAUUUUUWWWWNNNNNNCHHH!!!!!! *konami building explodes* XD

Chidori / Ship2, Also feel free to visit us at http://gunvalk.saik0.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori View Post
    I want #3 to happen

As long as they don't follow the same example of Kenji Inafune then I won't alienate their games.
    I love the mentality video game companies have now where they're in the "cool kids club" and they decide what we like and try to shove it down our throats. =/
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

if konami was 100% honest with us xD

update on Kojima and Konami

Konami made so many awesome MSX titles and my personal favourite games are Castlevania: SOTN, the NDS/GBA Castlevania titles, Snatcher (Mega CD, PSX & Saturn) and Policenauts. Although I did enjoy Bishi Bashi Special and Parodius series.

What's so frustrating to me is Konami holding the rights to a lot of the Hudson Soft IP. Bomberman especially. I am desperate to play a good, classic Bomberman game in online multiplayer. NDS Bomberman Touch was not too bad but best Bomberman game was Saturn Bomberman for sure.

Konami have always been this way with their creative staff however. Treasure (Gunstar Heroes/Guardian Heroes/Radiant Silvergun etc) were made up of former disgruntled Konami employees. Konami being ass merchants is nothing new. Konami died creatively around about Pro Evolution 6 lol...

In respect to Kojima: Kojima did mention how he wanted to tell stories in expansive universes as in MGS but also Snatcher/Policenauts. Kojima could not pursue a traditional adventure game format because Konami execs figured it was not profitable. My dream scenario is now that Kojima is free of the shackles of Konami, he should definitely revisit the visual novel/text adventure format and maybe come up with a spiritual successor to Snatcher ideally. Steingate/Virtues Last Reward has proven that visual novels(and games with heavy vis nov influences) can still sell well if the story is good.

Kojima will end up directing some movie though I would imagine... But here's hoping...
    Last edited by gamesbloke; Nov 25, 2015 at 09:06 PM.

i agree! he should do a kickstarter just like kogi igarashi did and if he did a VN format id have no doubt he get all the funds he needs in like a day just look at this kickstarter for example
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230485

this pretty much shows japanese companies that their is a strong market for these kinds of games in the west
    thier starting goal was $250,000 but by the end of the kickstarter they got $1,255,444!!! 5 times the amount they wer expecting

I doubt they will actually listen to us or anyone concerns because of the bad choices they want to make. A kickstarter is risky to be honest though I'm sad about the direction they want to take now.
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    I doubt they will actually listen to us or anyone concerns because of the bad choices they want to make. A kickstarter is risky to be honest though I'm sad about the direction they want to take now.
    konami no, Kojima yes, kojima is not affiliated with Konami anymore. So Kojima can start a kickstarter just like Kogi Igarashi(castlevania creator who left konam) did for Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, and Keiji Inafune(megaman creator who left capcom) did for Mighty Number 9.
    Last edited by Chidori; Nov 29, 2015 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori View Post
    konami no, Kojima yes, kojima is not affiliated with Konami anymore. So Kojima can start a kickstarter just like Kogi Igarashi(castlevania creator who left konam) did for Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, and Keiji Inafune(megaman creator who left capcom) did for Mighty Number 9.
    Fair point. Sorry misread what you said. If he tries I wish him success.