Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

PSO2ES is underestimated in its usefuless beyond AC buying, for the people who put time into it its a second source of money since Soul Receptor will always be up there in price.

Tell me about Soul Receptor

Would someone be willing to meet in PSO2/Skype for approx 1hr with myself and make my chara respectable? Willing to give items or whatever in exchange... I am GMT and as of this post I will be on Ship02 in the Vita blocks... gbstevey is my chara name. I have a good understanding of menus etc but need focus and direction.

Please consider helping as it would make a mad fool very happy

Quote Originally Posted by TheszNuts View Post
    PSO2ES is underestimated in its usefuless beyond AC buying, for the people who put time into it its a second source of money since Soul Receptor will always be up there in price.
    well receptors under a certain count are chump change but yeah this is some truth in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by gamesbloke View Post
    Tell me about Soul Receptor

Would someone be willing to meet in PSO2/Skype for approx 1hr with myself and make my chara respectable? Willing to give items or whatever in exchange... I am GMT and as of this post I will be on Ship02 in the Vita blocks... gbstevey is my chara name. I have a good understanding of menus etc but need focus and direction.

Please consider helping as it would make a mad fool very happy
    Soul Receptors allow you to transfer souls by themselves with 100% base success rate. So instead of needing Vol Soul x 2 for 50% base rate, you can do Vol Soul + Receptor for 100% base rate.

It's very useful. Downside is that you cant transfer Soul Receptors, so high slot ones become extremely valuable.

Huge thanks for all your kind responses...

I am currently level 35. I feel like I am missing something. Does anyone have any tips or secrets to progress well? Here's my big issue: I have around 4 hours daily to dedicate to PSO2. Obviously that not enough. But how can I streamline my experience so I can level well and complete matter boards in a speedy fashion?

I have very bad OCD and its made worse by lack of focus and direction...

Just recently discovered that every chara is Koffie's bitch at the start. Was hoping to skip her once done... Damn...

All characters are property of Koffee until level 50. Then you become Dudu/Monica's slave.

I am curious about quests/MB's/Koffie and all the rest. I have premium so I get 40 quests to go at once. With that in mind could I just add a nice mix of dailies/Koffie/client orders and do runs sequentially and just 'hit' all the orders/quests/whatever without too much deviation?

I have to say most of the folks in my team are LV75 and so my 'early days' journey is too insignificant for them. So it's bot city for me... :-/

Sorry to bump but I don't think it's right that I make a new thread for this observation as to be honest I am almost certain it's going to be controversial.

I am completely at a loss at present. I like to think that I am a decent player. Intermediate level at least. I just seem to solo more than anything which wouldn't be an issue to me except this is meant to be an online/social experience. Am I missing the point? The folks I have chatted with on PSO2 are mostly prickly and not very receptive to either my chat or questions. With the exception of two people I have had a mostly negative experience with the 'social' aspect of the game.

There is so much to enjoy so it's not a huge issue but I am hoping folks on here can put me straight on matters.

Is there an etiquette for communication on PSO2 that I am not aware of? Also being a Vita player does that mean I am no good or something? A team mate said in no uncertain terms that my style of chat was not appropriate for play/chat. Fair enough... He did make a valid point about not fully understanding the nature and intentions of text chat. I just want to have fun/chat/develop my chara.

I like to be a part of something cool. Or at the very least chat with like minded folks. You know MMO type shizzle.

A typical social session on PSO2 for me involves me saying hello, asking if folks are cool, everyone saying they are busy and me soloing matter boards and quests... Alone If PSO2 was any other game I would throw a hissy fit then play something else but there's plenty to enjoy but I wanted to see if it was me (likely) or if I missed something (very likely).

As I say I am more than happy to be put straight. But EQ's can't be THAT often can they?

I guess this is a rant and I guess this is a hissy fit of sorts but please do enlighten me.

Vita is at a disadvantage because people tend to want to camp on in the higher PC blocks to get better chances at a smooth EQ run. Of course if you can find a large team that does scheduled EQ runs in Vita blocks rather than having to camp and run with PUGs that probably works out best.

Your style of chat is probably a practicality constraint considering Vita doesn't have a proper keyboard.

I'd say it gets more social if you mix some PC play time in if you can, but it really depends on who you want to play with. PC + premium players will be camping on higher PC blocks, PC + non-premium players on lower PC blocks. And honestly I like, never go to the Vita blocks after a few horrific experiences doing TD3 there.

There is a stigma against Vita players, especially on ship 2. Whether its true or not, if you say you're a Vita player you're gonna be stereotyped as a bad player and are generally looking to be carried.

The chat interface on the Vita doesn't help you at all either, a lot of players do not like using the keyboard interface the Vita has for various reasons, the biggest being it leaves the character vulnerable if they need to speak in field.

A EQ is generally every 3 hours, so players schedule things around those times. If the said player is a freemium, this plays a bigger role in that they generally will not give up their spot on a full block to help a lower level because they can't get back into that block after.

Vita players are bad because it's like impossible to be good on Vita. The Vita version of the game is the most laggiest piece of shit ever that trying to play "well" is out of the question.