Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

Yeah that's right, now i remember. It effects only the opposing team, which makes it worlds better than if it effected everyone. I remember going in that fight against it the first time and saying "WTF I thought that effected everyone" now.

lol, did anyone else fight a Heavy Fog Monest team deck? It was Toaster Mage and Card Grey that used it on me and my partner the first time I encountered it.
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Sep 14, 2008 at 11:30 PM.

I am pleased to see an active Episode 3 topic here. My Episode 1 & 2 is a Japanese version, while my Episode 3 is a US version. It took a very long time for me to get a proxxy that was able to force my US Episode 3 to see my Japanese license. Because of this I was an offline only Episode 3 player for the majority of its Sega life. I have heard the name "Deadbeard" before but because I was such a late bloomer in Episode 3's life; problably just the last year or so of it, it seems that the Deadbeard era had passed as I don't remember ever seeing him online during the time I finally made it to Episode 3 online.

I love Episode 3, and though we were a very small population by the time I made it there, I still found some regulars to play with. One player I owe a lot to is Killer 7. It began as an inside joke between Brim and me, but I wanted a Crimson Assassin card so that I could tease Brim with it. Killer 7 had one, and said he would give it to me if I could beat him. I faced him, and though I tried my absolute hardest, I lost the fight. Despite me losing, Killer 7 gave me the card anyways because I put up such an effort. That Crimson Assasin would become the card that symbolized my deck, and myself. I became somewhat famous online for my love of this card and anyone that knew me knew that if you were to beat me or my team, it usually meant having to go through my Crimson Assassin first.

Of course, I had other decks as well. Another one of my favorites was called Fruit. It featured Sil'fer using the Delsaber set. But more than the delsaber pieces, the strength of this deck was the many defense cards in it. It was capable of defending against virtually anything that was thrown at it. And it also helped to get dice bonuses as the destruction of the shield often meant a nice EX bonus. Another good point about this deckk was it could work well with almost any kind of deck my partner would use. Players that liked to use high cost things liked to be partnered with this deck because I could keep their high cost card alive for a long time.

The most memoral game I ever had, I was using a Hunter deck. It was a 2 vs 2 with the kill team rule in effect. It involved R, VR-Raiden, myself, and one other that I can't quite remember (and I so wish I could). As I recall I was teamed with R. It was an epic battle the entire way, and as it drew to its close only myself and I beleive VR-Raiden were still standing, each with low HP. Turn after turn passed, with us attacking and defending. Finally, VR-Raiden got that last HP knocked off me. This was the HP scores at the end of the game.

Team 1: 0 0
    Team 2: 0 1

The closest match I ever played in, and even though I lost I still consider it the best I ever played. All 4 of us were fired up from that, this one had all of us on the edge of our seats the whole time. We loved it.

I feel really honored and humbled to see that VR-Raiden listed my name alongside the names of the Episode 3 greats on his list of some of the better players he encountered. Though I certainly make no claims of being the best of the best, or unbeatable, I really feel honored that he has included me alongside such famous names. That really touches me.
    Last edited by Cranberry; Sep 16, 2008 at 01:36 AM.

Oh man...I vaguely remember that battle now. Wasn't it at Tener Sinus? That was definitely one of the greatest matches I'd been in. I remember being hyped like crazy after it XD

But who was my partner...was it Rag? or Dias? I can't remember >_<
    Don't remember all the decks we used either...hmmm

man I loved those neck-to-neck battles.

Dias sounds familure. I think it was him now that you say that name. yes it was at Tener Sinus. That was an incredible match!

Ah so it probably was Dias cause I teamed with him a lot later in Ep3's lifespan. I'll ask him if he remembers the battle too

that is, if he doesn't check this topic. He doesn't come here that much.

Dias was also a big fan of the Crimson Assassin. Sometimes we would use unofficial team decks with him using his Crimson Assassin deck and I would use my Sinow Zele deck (one of my favorites). Called them the Crimson Giant decks.

Might as well take this opportunity to explain my Zele deck. I had used Sinow Zele briefly after finding it for the first time, cause it's such a badass card. But that was when it was simple to use, the deck didn't really have any theme other than it had Sinow Zele in it.
    Much later, after they revised the action cards you could use with it, I decided to try another go at a deck with it. I was intrigued at the possibilities with the new card properties. What appeared to be a pretty horrible nerf to the Zele (They took away the red bar on the right of the card, making it impossible to use standard action cards, and maybe the blue bar too, don't remember exactly) was easily solved with the use of TP attack. This was the only deck I used that card in, though I'm sure there are other good ways of using it. I was debating what creatures to use other than Zele, and noticed Ul Gibbons. 10 HP (great for a 4 cost, helped keep them alive for when Legacy came to my hand) and their higher TP than AP (for the use of TP attack) made them a good choice. So with the need for TP attack, I put the Ul Gibbons in with Rag Rappy +'s (they were an obvious choice, inherit and high TP for a 2 coster, that if I remember right, couldn't even use techniques).
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Sep 15, 2008 at 10:57 PM.

EP3 C.A.R.D. Battle King Deadbeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    I am pleased to see an active Episode 3 topic here. My Episode 1 & 2 is a Japanese version, while my Episode 3 is a US version. It took a very long time for me to get a proxxy that was able to force my US Episode 3 to see my Japanese license. Because of this I was an offline only Episode 3 player for the majority of its Sega life. I have heard the name "Deadbeard" before but because I was such a late bloomer in Episode 3's life; problably just the last year or so of it, it seems that the Deadbeard era had passed as I don't remember ever seeing him online during the time I finally made it to Episode 3 online.

I love Episode 3, and though we were a very small population by the time I made it there, I still found some regulars to play with. One player I owe a lot to is Killer 7. It began as an inside joke between Brim and me, but I wanted a Crimson Assassin card so that I could tease Brim with it. Killer 7 had one, and said he would give it to me if I could beat him. I faced him, and though I tried my absolute hardest, I lost the fight. Despite me losing, Killer 7 gave me the card anyways because I put up such an effort. That Crimson Assasin would become the card that symbolized my deck, and myself. I became somewhat famous online for my love of this card and anyone that knew me knew that if you were to beat me or my team, it usually meant having to go through my Crimson Assassin first.

Of course, I had other decks as well. Another one of my favorites was called Fruit. It featured Sil'fer using the Delsaber set. But more than the delsaber pieces, the strength of this deck was the many defense cards in it. It was capable of defending against virtually anything that was thrown at it. And it also helped to get dice bonuses as the destruction of the shield often meant a nice EX bonus. Another good point about this deckk was it could work well with almost any kind of deck my partner would use. Players that liked to use high cost things liked to be partnered with this deck because I could keep their high cost card alive for a long time.

The most memoral game I ever had, I was using a Hunter deck. It was a 2 vs 2 with the kill team rule in effect. It involved R, VR-Raiden, myself, and one other that I can't quite remember (and I so wish I could). As I recall I was teamed with R. It was an epic battle the entire way, and as it drew to its close only myself and I beleive VR-Raiden were still standing, each with low HP. Turn after turn passed, with us attacking and defending. Finally, VR-Raiden got that last HP knocked off me. This was the HP scores at the end of the game.

Team 1: 0 0
    Team 2: 0 1

The closest match I ever played in, and even though I lost I still consider it the best I ever played. All 4 of us were fired up from that, this one had all of us on the edge of our seats the whole time. We loved it.

I feel really honored and humbled to see that VR-Raiden listed my name alongside the names of the Episode 3 greats on his list of some of the better players he encountered. Though I certainly make no claims of being the best of the best, or unbeatable, I really feel honored that he has included me alongside such famous names. That really touches me.
    I did in fact end up leaving the game earlier than anticipated, which would explain why I don't recall ever seeing anyone with your name online before, but from the looks of things you're certainly a person I wouldn't have minded meeting and playing some matches with. There certainly are many more names I did not mention when I was referring to some of the greater EP3 players, that's due to the fact it's so hard to remember most of the names. This post actually reminded me of Killer 7, that's a player I ran into on many of occasion.

I think I remember seeing the names Brim and Killer 7 before but I can't remember being in any battles with them.

and no one else encountered a Monest Heavy Fog deck?
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Sep 16, 2008 at 09:31 PM.

I still enjoy team games offline. But my biggest complaint with this EXP system. Eventually, in offline mode it seems you earn 10 EXP no matter the deck you face. This means that if you face the easiest deck in the game, or set up a rather challenging opponent, you still only get 10 EXP. That alone isn't so bad, but what bothers me is that you lose 15 EXP if you lose a match.

I could sit and fight the easiest deck all day and get several level ups easy, but if I set up challenges or experiment with various deck types, and lose, I'm severely punished for it. That's one thing I really wish I could turn off in Offline mode. I want to be able to set up situations where the computer can give me quite a fight without being punished for it. I want the computer to sometimes beat me, because I don't want this game to be rediculously easy. But I hate how when I do something like that, if I do lose, I lose 15 EXP for it.

I can see why a lot of people find this boring offline, it does sort of steer you to only using decks that you're pretty sure you'll win with, and punishes you for trying to get more creative if it doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    (...) That's one thing I really wish I could turn off in Offline mode. (... )
    Alright, I'm not entirely sure about this, because it's been so long since I played offline. But I think that, unlike with online matches, you could just reset your Cube right before losing, and not be penalized for it.
    (Or maybe even after. I can't remember at which point it starts to save.)

I say that, because what I do remember, is that on my first playthrough offline, I did just that. Just a few times, honest! That's because at first a selected few battles in the storymode can feel a tad unfair, and losing those sometimes resulted in shouting, and a quick reset.. I stopped with that, however, after seeing one of the two cards you get when you losing, change into my first S rank card.

At this time, I don't remember if I resetted to avoid any penalty, or if it was just my bad temper. I'm also not sure if you'd even lose exp in the story mode, or if that's just in the free battles.
    I do think that you probably wouldn't like this 'method' to avoid losing exp. ;] (But, if you are curious, make sure to avoid times when anything is saved, obviously )

After playing online for a while, the offline story suddenly was very easy. But I'm sure I was not the only one getting mad with the game, early on.... --;

Incidentally, I never purposedly disconnected out of online battles. <_<

I racked up around 75 DC's thanks to having dial up when I played >_<

but I didn't ever DC purposely, except maybe once or twice against some loser using Pollux.