Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

i seriously fail to see how SAO is anything more than "meh". its a harem anime thinly veiled as an MMORPG with an OP main character with faux struggles and women fawning over his leet skills left and right. doesnt help that it also has incestuous undertones.

it takes all the bad aspects of .hack//legend and nothing good from the .hack franchise and ups the pandering.

Log Horizon trumps SAO by miles imo.

I actually refuse to watch things that are overhyped because theres plenty of other good stuff out there thats probably better anyway. I saw the reviews for SAO, and it got crushed. Seriously some of these reviews are hilarious when they describe it as so bad.

Anyway recently curiosity got the best of me so I decided to watch it and omg, its literally the worst anime I have ever seen. Its SO predictable, and the main character is so overpowered there is no suspense at all. Oh look scary looking enemies? *yawn* Time for Kirito to charge forward while yelling excessively followed by a montage of still shots featuring Kirito swinging his sword and supposedly powerful enemies dying in 1 hit.

What really annoys me though is the deus ex machinas everywhere. Oh no, Kirito got stabbed and his HP reached 0! So what happens? Of course he is still alive somehow and kills the boss while he's "dead". Is there an explanation for this? Well, poor writing is the proper explanation, but in the show there is none. And no, I did not spoil anything because if you watched the show, its fairly obvious that Kirito will win at everything because is unstoppable for no reason at all, he just is.

And I havent even mentioned how every single girl he meets instantly falls in love with him, again for no reason at all other then hes strong or saves them or whatever.

Wow Im pretty good at this, didnt mean to turn it into a review but I got carried away. Im going to finish writing a proper review and post this on MAL hehehe

Kiyumi knows what's up lmfao.

ALSO

16.5 OMG GIMME MY 16.5!!!!!!!

christ

The artstyle and animation was the only good thing about that anime.....
    Its getting salty in here.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Dec 18, 2014 at 10:25 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    did you watch the first 2 movies and/or the series?
    Nope!

I mean some of the exposition bits helped but I spent most of the movie like

(it was a pretty good time)

I've now decided: every time I jump into a Magatsu EQ, I'm putting on the AoT costume. >:3

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    The artstyle was the only good thing about that anime.....
    Its getting salty in here.
    Yeah, the art for the backgrounds is the best part about SAO, other then the OP and ED for the second half.

The only reason Im going to continue and finish watching this thing is because 1) I already downloaded it and 2) the background art is really good. The characters sometimes have weird angled faces and the actual battle animation is weak with a lot of still shots and yelling. Also Im watching it for the comedy factor too. "How will they pretend to put Kirito/random girls in danger next, and what BS will he come up with to beat the enemy?"

[Edit] Oh and the terrible character overreactions. That Yui calls them "Mama" and "Papa" and everyone is crying all the time when they met for like 1 day. This is just an example, it happens all over the place.
    Last edited by Kiyumi; Dec 18, 2014 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    Nope!

I mean some of the exposition bits helped but I spent most of the movie like

(it was a pretty good time)
    that's where you fucked up

exposition misses a lot. it's a reminder lmfao.

i recommend watching at least movie 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqlou Swig KING View Post
    #nuclearlaunchdetected
    "Take us into orbit, Mr. Malmsteen. We've seen enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    What really annoys me though is the deus ex machinas everywhere. Oh no, Kirito got stabbed and his HP reached 0! So what happens? Of course he is still alive somehow and kills the boss while he's "dead". Is there an explanation for this? Well, poor writing is the proper explanation, but in the show there is none.
    You don't instantly die when your HP reach 0, that's why the resurrection item works in the first place. It's explained in the novel but was kinda glossed over in the show, which... kinda happens with a lot of things.

SAO basically goes from great to mediocre to awful and back to great starting with Mother's Rosario.