Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is the game crashing for you guys, too?

I had maybe 3 crashes since I started playing in April.

But after the last patch the game crashes frequently (right now the instant I started it).

I also cannot preview the window anymore in windows 7 when alt tabbing and when I alt tab away from the game, another alt doesn't get me back to the game window but I have to cycle through or select with mouse.

Looks to me like Sega introduced a bug that makes the Windows lose the handle of on the game window or some shit.

It just crashes when I try to open PSO2 alert while playing.

Edit : No problem with alt tabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

No problem for me.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I went to my room for crafting and spotted four females naked in my bathhouse. Didn't even get to greet them or lock the door. x:

Sounds like something that I ran into all the time on Fullscreen mode. Are you playing windowed (or virtual fullscreen) or are you going for fullscreen?

Not crashing but almost lagging as lobby most function not working and no character texture loads. Perhaps I pull too much toll on Force killing power during PSE burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    Sounds like something that I ran into all the time on Fullscreen mode. Are you playing windowed (or virtual fullscreen) or are you going for fullscreen?
    Yeah I would venture to guess you have a point on this if memory leaks are what you're suspecting there, Walkure, this sounds a bit like it...

So yeah OP, what are you running it in?

I'm bet on Fullscreen mode having some kind of pointer arithmetic issues, since parts of the UI will glitch out (for instance, quantity indicator on item icons will stretch to fill up the whole item icon) and the game will crash in the same way that a segfault (memory access violation) would; instant popup of "App.exe has stopped responding" before Windows immediately closes it down when you close that popup.

Also this bit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    I also cannot preview the window anymore in windows 7 when alt tabbing and when I alt tab away from the game
    Really makes me think you set it to fullscreen. Basically fullscreen mode gives complete screen output to the application while it's active and on-screen. It then loses all of that control once you alt+tab out of the window. Hence most games when you try to preview them will either give a blackscreen or a small screenshot of what was last displayed to the screen when they were minimized on fullscreen mode.

A lot of games aren't stable from alt+tab on fullscreen, which sucks because running on fullscreen with matching resolution is usually a huge performance gain and minimizes resource usage when you don't have the game active. The downside is usually just 2-3 seconds between tabbing in and out.

It'd honestly be well worth the longer tab time for like 30-40 more FPS (which is what I got from fullscreen) and it'd be easier on my computer to have it minimized on fullscreen mode than having it run fulltime in the background on virtual fullscreen. But the on-start crashing and alt-tab make it too much of a hassle to play in actual fullscreen.

C'est la vie

Yeah.
    I have been using fullscreen with alt tabs sometimes several times a minute (I tend to do that a lot) since April and I never had a problem.

It's windows 7 and maybe it was just a screenshot in the preview but it wasn't just black like it is now.

Really makes me think there is a window handle bug sega just introduced, I hope they can fix it today.

TBH I have no idea how adding Magatsu and some new gear and scratch relates to window handles. Just wtf is Sega doing?

@Walkure & @Megidolaon: I managed to get Steam Overlay working with PSO2 recently. No special tweaks or changes outside of giving Steam and PSO2 admin privileges. I wasn't able to do it before at all so maybe they changed stuff and it works now.

Give it a shot?

Spoiler!