Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need quick help about Tweaker

Hey all,
    Whenever there is an update (Current one is 20MB), it also downloads japanese story patch. 20MB patch becomes 3GB. Is there anyway to fix this? Or i have to download JP story patch whenever there is an update?
    Thanks.

If you mean it's replacing the entire patches with the normal files make sure you back them up and restore the backups before updating so it doesn't have to download stuff again.

Hey, i restored the english story patch, but it still downloads like 3800 items. Which is like 3GB..

I don't think this is about restoring the english story patch Cryph.

In order to know what files to update, the tweaker needs the game to have it's original japanese files. When you back up your story patch and other patches, you aren't making a copy of the english story patch. What you are doing is making a copy of the JAPANESE files the story patch is replacing, so the tweaker can easily drop those files back into place when updating so the program knows that you don't need those files in order to be up to date.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it goes. If you don't have a copy of those japanese files the english patch replaces, you're looking at a good 3 - 4 gig update every week.

I was about to make a thread about this as well. I back up all patches, why is a 20MB update getting 3 gigs worth of files?
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Quote Originally Posted by ShinKai View Post
    . What you are doing is making a copy of the JAPANESE files the story patch is replacing, so the tweaker can easily drop those files back into place when updating...
    If this is the case, which I don't doubt, why does the option to uninstall the story patch require a multi-GB download?

Not that I have an issue with that anymore, I have in the past.

This happened to me once, turned out I actually didn't make a backup of my STORY files, even though I had backed up my data from the EN and large files patches. If it can't restore your original story files, it has to re-download all of them. All 3+ GB of them.

When you went to update PSO2, was it able to restore ALL of your backups?

Looks like I'm having this problem, too. And I said YES when it asked me about backing up the story patch. Every single time. This is vexing. Where on the computer do these files get backed up to? Maybe I can manually restore them, I dunno...

Edit: To anyone curious it's in the pso2_bin/data/win32/backupPreSTORYPatch on my Windows Vista PC. I found an older backup on my external harddrive and plopped them on my main. Hopefully this will solve the issue.
    Last edited by Chigun; Jul 30, 2014 at 04:38 PM.

Out of curiosity, did any of you guys experiencing issues restore your backups before updating? I ask because the Tweaker's supposedly supposed to restore them automatically before updating, but it never seems like it works as intended, as previous posts have indicated.

I just updated my game, having restored my patch backups using the Restore Backup functions prior, and I didn't have to download more than 20 files (1.64MB). I'm beginning to suspect that
    Last edited by Maronji; Jul 30, 2014 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Slip a high-five into your post if you actually read this; consider it a social experiment.

I did backup whenever it asked me. Every new english patch, large patch, story patch i made a backup of it. It keeps saying backup is in pso2_bin/data/win32/backupPreSTORYPatch but there is nothing named backupPrexxx.. I think tweaker thinks it takes backup but it actually isnt?

I deleted game and tweaker, reinstalled PSO2 and tweaker, made patches from PSO2launcher but when i opened tweaker for first time, it showed that i installed english patches already (Story patch too). I think something wrong with tweaker or i am messing up somethings badly.

Right now i can login game fine but tweaker keeps telling me there is a PSO2 update. If i okay it, i believe it will download 3GBs again. So i don't know what to do really.