Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Enemies can be infected...twice..

Imagine the Darker Eye and Darker Beak.

Shoots orbs at you that absorb HP.

That'd actually be pretty cool.
    Infection cores already work like that in SH. They still have the three different levels of infections like N-VH, the appearances just aren't as obvious. Level 2 infections glow a little, and level 3 infections have a unique appearance resembling a thorny mass. Level 2 infections have two effects at once, while level 3 infections have three. Seems they fire more projectiles as well, most level 3 infections I've seen fire three of the cannonball-like projectiles and two of the other projectile in quick succession (combined with health absorb, naturally).

Regardless of how its done, I'm really hoping for a huge jump in difficulty if/when we get Ultimate. Despair gives me high hopes for this, considering how it's a significant jump in difficulty from Invasion and Intrusion.

Right now everything seems to be a race against the clock. I want it to be more about survival and thinking about your attack plan before executing it. PSO had this, but I know PSO2 can do it better.

What I'm really hoping for this Ultimate mode is a reskin of the levels (at least until Sanctum), that would be really cool, nothing else coming to my mind currently.

Hmm...considering the storyline's all about time travel and stuff...

How about having Ultimate be a "Bad Future" version of the stages where the Darkers have taken over all the planets and ARKS is just barely managing to avoid getting wiped out entirely? That can be the excuse for reskinning the stages and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SakoHaruo View Post
    Bah, nothing will actually get harder. It's just enemies with higher HP and level.
    SH is much, much more difficult than any other difficulty, especially the pathetic difficulty known as "Very hard" that was balanced around subjobs not existing(LOL).

SH isnt harder perdsay, you just dont have much leisure room.

Enemies move fast and attack often, but their patterns and attack speeds havnt changed.

They hit harder obv, but its because you cant dilly dally like you can in easier difficulties.

If you do, you get stunlocked and die.

I think the only aspects about SH that are harder are the bosses that have better patterns and high infection frequency as well as fullblown infections.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Enemies move fast and attack often, but their patterns and attack speeds havnt changed.
    I was about to correct you, but I realized you're just talking about normal enemies.

There's nothing saying they can't change that in Ultimate or whatever it ends up being called, like they did for bosses in SH.

Did someone say mobs that actually use technics?

*raises hand*
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I was about to correct you, but I realized you're just talking about normal enemies.

There's nothing saying they can't change that in Ultimate or whatever it ends up being called, like they did for bosses in SH.

Yeah that's completely true. With the new director, its entirely possible.

The biggest improvement to enemies that could be made is to attack speed.

If the fuckers attack like 100-200% faster, that would speed up the game's pace considerably as well as forcefully notch up it's difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    Did someone say mobs that actually use technics?

*raises hand*
    Yo that would be so hype. The new darkers in shit like quarry and seabed that imitate PAs are the coolest.

Id like a difficulty with a subclass level requirement
    Or
    a new game type where the monsters adapt to make a harder difficulty for the player.
    Last edited by Dark Matter; Jul 29, 2014 at 10:40 PM.
    Ship Feoh