Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I was wondering about that too. I think it's a lag/client issue thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I was wondering about that too. I think it's a lag/client issue thing.
    Here's a video on what I thought people did.
    It's hella hard to do compared to just throwing out an attack or guard in between so I was amazed at how consistently people got it down.

https://youtu.be/RO0XeVePiMI

Quote Originally Posted by Amatsukaze View Post
    Here's a video on what I thought people did.
    It's hella hard to do compared to just throwing out an attack or guard in between so I was amazed at how consistently people got it down.

https://youtu.be/RO0XeVePiMI
    LA/dash cancel guren is used like this
    Spoiler!

For dash cancel you need near frame perfect timing on the dash?

I tried this a number of times but unless I wait a relatively long time, pressing forward overrides the dash and I slash without step. As a result it's too slow to be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    For dash cancel you need near frame perfect timing on the dash?

I tried this a number of times but unless I wait a relatively long time, pressing forward overrides the dash and I slash without step. As a result it's too slow to be useful.
    if you're doing double tap, do your first press just before the first slash sound, then do your second press just after. The second tap is not instantly after the first though not a huge amount of time after.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    if you're doing double tap, do your first press just before the first slash sound, then do your second press just after. The second tap is not instantly after the first though not a huge amount of time after.
    that's double tap dash cancel
    not including LA right?

Quote Originally Posted by AmanoMai View Post
    that's double tap dash cancel
    not including LA right?
    correct. fk LA, that timing is stupid lol

since im pretty slow , could someone explain abit more about the timing for the cancel please?

double step dash cancel = first tap right before 1st slash and 2nd tap after that right? how do you normally decide your timing , like when to push it?

LA -> dash = when is the time to press LA? is it as soon as you see the JA circle?
    when i did this i felt like it was abit slower than double step even though it's supposed to be faster?

Quote Originally Posted by AmanoMai View Post
    since im pretty slow , could someone explain abit more about the timing for the cancel please?

double step dash cancel = first tap right before 1st slash and 2nd tap after that right? how do you normally decide your timing , like when to push it?

LA -> dash = when is the time to press LA? is it as soon as you see the JA circle?
    when i did this i felt like it was abit slower than double step even though it's supposed to be faster?
    Your first press should be just before the JA circle appears and the second just after the JA circle stops shrinking. You have to practice it enough that you don't think about it for it to seem natural or faster than attack or guard cancelling.

As for LA-> dash, when you press depends largely on your ping. You should be pressing it before the JA circle appears though from what I remember when practicing it and I have ~140ms ping to server.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    Your first press should be just before the JA circle appears and the second just after the JA circle stops shrinking. You have to practice it enough that you don't think about it for it to seem natural or faster than attack or guard cancelling.

As for LA-> dash, when you press depends largely on your ping. You should be pressing it before the JA circle appears though from what I remember when practicing it and I have ~140ms ping to server.
    my LA is super slow because the ping is very bad lol, still was able to cancel somewhat but the dash happens very late

as for double tap cancel , so it depends on your reflexes and memory to remember when to cancel after all, not like i can depend on visual since it needs to be just before JA circle

getting abit better at it.... thanks for answering