Page 387 of 576 FirstFirst ... 287337377384385386387388389390397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 5755

Meh. I wanted Yas9k and Plantain Huge Fan but instead we get Maser Beam and Power Maser.
    I guess PAs/techs of other classes came a hell lot cheaper than unique weapon animations / mechanics.

Anyway, my braver build again, recommending it for any katana braver.

Snatch step is optional, but has its uses and personally I rather have it than 1% more dmg.
    Iron Will is beyond epic and in turn you only have to give up tiny amounts of dmg you wouldn't even notice.

Step Advance is pointless cause either you dodge or the lag is so big you need 5-10 seconds on step advance to make a difference (used it for a long time and no difference whatsoever to not having it).

One thing I still have to try is ep 3 Warcry cause I had it in ep 2 during Ilmegid prime.
    I hear it's good but then again it's the same people claiming it was good in ep 2.

I'll never do any of the TD's without War Cry; I don't know how many times I saved the MPA's ass by using it on a spawn of Goldies.

You can also use it to grab the attention of bosses so that others can have time to clear out mobs (especially in TD3).

Just 1 Skill Point in War Cry is all you need.

Thanks, I guess it's time to get a new hu sub tree...

Seriously, there is no reason to not have war cry with the skill points we have floating around.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Which PA's is everyone using now-a-days? I feel like I've been using the wrong ones this whole time.

I haven't been using shunka at all, and I've been using sakura instead of kanran. I feel like I've got it all wrong lol :P

No, it's all right.
    Shunka is still nice dmg but pointless because Sakura is almost the same dmg as shunka's last 2 hits, but without the pointless weak hits before.
    I think shunka's only real use now is avoiding that final Code:Quarantine in Amduscia TA if you forgot to bring a gunslash or don't wanna re allocate weapons mid-run.

Sakura and Hatou are for dmg. Hatou can be iffy because if the enemy moves during the attack (they love to), the dmg is gonna be low.
    Or if you find that proper positioning will take too long or is too risky

for max dps (but not max dmg) you use Tsukimi, it has about 50% of Sakura dmg but without charge and you rising with every use can be very useful for some enemies or get you out of range quickly for some others.

Kanran is still #1 mob killer cause Sakura takes longer and has a rather limited aoe that only allows for 2-3 enemies if they are close.
    Kanran got cheaper so no point in not just spamming it, after all katana pp regen is super fast.
    Especially with Attack Advance you will also deal good dmg.

Asagiri is still a very good gap closer with decent dmg.

As much as people love to advertise Gekka, the dmg is 110% of Tsukimi but takes longer, the short pause makes you open for attacks and it goes all the way to the ground so it can't be used when you need to get higher (like vs onis, Zesh's face, etc).

Hien Tsubaki has decent dmg now and can help for ranged dmg.

Asagiri still seems like ass to me. It seems faster to just use it for the dash and then cancel out of it to use Sakura/Kanran. Or just not use it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by spinnyup View Post
    Which PA's is everyone using now-a-days? I feel like I've been using the wrong ones this whole time.

I haven't been using shunka at all, and I've been using sakura instead of kanran. I feel like I've got it all wrong lol :P
    Bolded ones are most useful:

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoNovember View Post
    Most PAs have their own use:
    • Sakura End: single target damage usually, but the wide hitbox can allow it to be used for multiple targets if the circumstances are right
    • Kanran Kikyou: multiple target damage
    • Hatou Rindou: single target damage if you can hit multiple hitboxes alongside properly spacing it on a weakpoint, otherwise just stick with Sakura End for single target
    • Shunka Shunran: primarily single target damage that can travel from one target to another, though the slashes are big enough that it can hit multiple targets. It's also quite PP efficient for the damage it can deal, but it's slow to dish out that damage.
    • Tsukimi Sazanka: good for juggling single targets
    • Kazan Nadeshiko: the windup to the initial slash refills gear gauge when Katana Gear is active
    • Fudou Kuchinashi: multiple target stun, great for the status effect Stage Order in Extreme Quests since a single followup Kazan Nadeshiko will usually kill
    • Hien Tsubaki: hitbox is still kinda annoying, but it works well if you need to stay in the air
    • Asagiri Rendan: the pause between the dash and the initial attack can allow enemies to walk out of your range, otherwise it's good for achieving the 30 hits required to deal maximum damage with Katana Combat
    • Gekka Zakuro: is not as PP efficient as Sakura End for grounded targets, you can do 2 Gekka Zakuro in the time of 1 Sakura End, but the overall damage is the same and you've spent 15 more PP (2 Gekka Zakuro = 40 PP vs 1 Sakura End = 25 PP)

As a rule, always dash/jump/guard cancel whenever possible.
    You'll most likely end up using Sakura End for damage over Tsukimi Sazanka unless you really need the vertical positioning.

I've been using Hatou Rindou until I run out of PP and then switching over to Sakura End (the regaining PP and repositioning dance got annoying).

Quote Originally Posted by horseship View Post
    Asagiri still seems like ass to me. It seems faster to just use it for the dash and then cancel out of it to use Sakura/Kanran. Or just not use it at all.
    I do the bolded part.

Does Katana Combat/Combat Escape and Limit Break stack? If so fuck gotta level Fi for my Braver.
    U mod me it's yo azz

You can use KC on any class, but CE is BR main only and LB is FI main only.