Page 135 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3585125132133134135136137138145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2087

I think it's hard as hell. I like it because it (HERE IT COMES) reminds me of PSO's artwork. The faces look alot more PSO-ish than Anime-ish. (there's a difference, PSO had a distinct artstyle)

And those are pre-rendered models.

Also, i hate lolis, but that Fonewearl looks badass in that picture. I've been missing the PSO jester-girl Fonewearl for a while, now. She was always cool looking.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I remembered PSO for it's hand-drawn artwork.

And both PSO and PSU are up in there air when it comes to art, since they all had multiple artist doing different things. If anything the MOOD is PSO-ish I guess. But the actual art, I'm seeing nothing interesting. In fact I hate most of SEGA's CG work...

/cringes @ non-sonic SEGA game openings

Hell PSP1 had awesome art, even though it was apparently monster hunter influenced. PSZ... I actually hated that art... Studio GONZO is meh to me.

Our concept art so far I'd say it's okay, outside of a chunk of the actual outfit designs, and that racist faced RAmar. But that's another story...

Also a loli's a loli, you're thinking MOE that makes everything annoying. You'll know what I mean when japanese guys start drawing fanart of her.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Oh, i see.

PSU had artwork done from the original PSO artist. It just didn't look like it. Check the PSO-W art archives, PSU has lots of clothing design that made it look extremely PSO-ish.

Sega's CG has been pretty bad since PSU because they've been lazy with it. They take the in-game stuff, increase the polygon count on it, add a bit of cloth physics and call it CG. Not the same thing. Lazy. However, that first PSU video we got (with the planet destructing, chick with the horns, the cool nanoblast, the saber that disintegrated enemies, a WONDERFUL orchestration, and we thought the game was going to be actually really awesome but it was nothing like it?) that was true CG.
    Last edited by Serephim; Sep 6, 2011 at 02:27 PM.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Huh... I'm really getting a strong Phantasy Star vibe from that HUnewearl. The eyes are strong and intelligent, the posture is powerful, and the position for the hands and the ribbons coming from the shoulder suggest an animal theme, more than the space elf theme we've seen. Not to mention, the clothing is stylistically skimpy (too much for my taste, but...), but made of a strong, defensive material.
    The other classes, barring the FOnewearl, also give me a traditional PS vibe, too. Though the HUmar outfit is obviously based on PSO's, it kinda reminds me of a mixture of Chaz's and Alys' hunter outfits. The RAcast is reminding me of some of the mechanical enemies fought, too.
    Fanboy senses, tingling. It almost is like they really did get the original cast in to get the style back to something traditionally seen in the series.
    that was a wall of text?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serephim View Post
    Oh, i see.

PSU had artwork done from the original PSO artist. It just didn't look like it. Check the PSO-W art archives, PSU has lots of clothing design that made it look extremely PSO-ish.

Sega's CG has been pretty bad since PSU because they've been lazy with it. They take the in-game stuff, increase the polygon count on it, add a bit of cloth physics and call it CG. Not the same thing. Lazy. However, that first PSU video we got (with the planet destructing, chick with the horns, the cool nanoblast, the saber that disintegrated enemies, a WONDERFUL orchestration, and we thought the game was going to be actually really awesome but it was nothing like it?) that was true CG.
    Exactly, I hate the way that looked, and the fact that they sold it to us. For both the CGI scenes AND official art. e_e

And PSO2 already doing with the mousepad...

C'mon sakai...

C'MON!! You're japan, 1 out of every 10 people there are borderline proffessional artists. I know you can give us some pimped out box art/booklet art at LEAST.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Everytime i watch that video, i get terrible fanboy burps from deep in my soul as i wait for the game to come out.

And then i realize it did come out. And it was so disappointing. (compared to that video anyway.)

Even nothing shown in PSO2 SO FAR comes close to capturing the "PSO" feel of the original PSU CG trailer.

Ironic, isnt it.

Edit:

Oh my god, that soundtrack.

SO. FREAKING. EPIC.

The themesong. the animation. The effects, the art direction, the epic dragon climax. RIP Sonicteam.

It's terribly sad how there is not a SINGLE SONG in PSU's final soundtrack that sounds nearly as good as that version of its themesong.
    Last edited by Serephim; Sep 6, 2011 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post

HUmar even has that same stupid RYU face, and it's obviously no digital painting.
    The answer lies in the heart of battle. XD

Remember that the "default" models that Sega set are really just "suggestions" as to how you could possibly build your character. So if you have an ideal "mix" to achieve that, I dunno, magical-but-not-quite-mahou-shoujo-but-sexy-enough-to-be-taken-seriously-yet-still-make-nya-poses-and-sing-like-prince, (you get the idea), the vids so far show that your fantasies are possible.

Of course there's anime, and heavy doses of its influence inside PSO2. That's not a bad thing. I'm probably quite biased, but I don't necessarily want muscle and all that rock hard stuff when I roleplay as a male character in a RPG. Just look at World of Warcraft. Dated engine I know, (graphic style remains appealing though), but every human male is Arnie.

I draw your attention to the arcade Dungeons and Dragon games. My favorite magic user was sleek and slender. Charming all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Well, some marked changes from the alpha: More detailed cast creation, no defense stats on clothing, increasing power of techs, and allowing tech charging from the sub pallet.
    You may want to consider mentioning some of this stuff.