View Poll Results: Is 3D a nice addition?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 28.13%
  • Don't Care

29 45.31%
  • No

17 26.56%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 has 3D?

I don't think I'd be able to play it in 3D, my eyes would promptly explode, or I would get motion sick. XD

It could be a nice feature for people who have the 3D displays and whatnot, but I'm no where near a fan of 3D.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

You have 3D models in games but developers have to use blur and fog tricks to try and show depth perception
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

lol what

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    COD players generally fall out of their chairs when they try to process basic language and arithmetic skills. Or when exposed to something they haven't bought three times already.
    The same thing could be said about Phantasy Star players
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    You have 3D models in games but developers have to use blur and fog tricks to try and show depth perception
    ... This is talking about the 3D effect gained by showing each of the viewer's eyes two different images, with one being an offset of the other, thus approximating the slightly different perspective each eye has when viewing actual objects and, thereby, simulating the actual perception of depth you get in real life. Not using depth of field tricks to fake the focusing effect of a 2D camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaz0r View Post
    The same thing could be said about Phantasy Star players
    I'd never be one to claim that all PSO fans are intelligent, but... I'd have no qualms claiming that CoD die-hards are generally drooling, barely conscious sub-humans.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    ... This is talking about the 3D effect gained by showing each of the viewer's eyes two different images, with one being an offset of the other, thus approximating the slightly different perspective each eye has when viewing actual objects and, thereby, simulating the actual perception of depth you get in real life. Not using depth of field tricks to fake the focusing effect of a 2D camera.

I'd never be one to claim that all PSO fans are intelligent, but... I'd have no qualms claiming that CoD die-hards are generally drooling, barely conscious sub-humans.
    I'd say PS fanatics obsessive interest drives them to irrational judgement or just sounding like crazy otakus like any other fanbase.

Just that you guys are more underground because nobody plays this game but us right now. so you're extra crazy and weird.

But still not as irrationally crazy and stubbornly idiotic as Sonic fans *staring at the people that didn't enjoy generations because it didn't have Genesis' Sonic 20 year old engine* I mean They probably would've hated either way since you have to play as both Sonic's if they're gonna sound that stupid.

I mean there's plenty of people that liked mario from start to finish, and you don't hear them saying "WHY ISN'T IT LIKE THE NES VERSION?!" every 5 minutes without actually PLAYING the game for every 2D mario game that comes out. Classic sonic made the same exact reasonable growth as today's 2D mario games. Less even, for what he probably would've been if he never evolved passed his genesis days like all those psycho fanboys would want for this generations sonic which is insanely pathetic.

Man I needa stop lurking gamefaqs forums out of boredom and get back to job hunting.

BUT THAT'S OFF-TOPIC which is why I spoiler hid it.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

On PC it doesn't really matter if the game has 3D settings or not since you can just make the game 3D with the right driver (i.e. iz3d.com).

I recently tested this with PSO, works great except some of the effects are just 2D overlays so they have no depth to them (Gifoie, SD,...)

It was really nice playing PSO in 3D even though it's just a gimmick.

I've never even really been a fan of 3D movies. They charge you more than a regular movie at the theaters, you have to wear those stupid glasses that 100,000 other people have already worn, and the glasses also make everything darker in an already dark theater room...

I've yet to see this 3D that does not require glasses yet, but the fact that the Nintendo 3DS has done so poorly makes me a little weary of it. I know I am being a little unfair, because the fact it is doing so poorly could be for a number of other reasons (hardware limitations seems most likely, since that is the area Nintendo always neglects...), but it doesn't help the technology when the first piece of hardware to utilize it is a letdown.

Until video games are capable of implementing full virtual reality (think Star Trek hologram room), thus allowing me to physically crush the head of an ogre with my morning star, and to experience a fantasy adventure as if I am actually there (minus the excruciating pain that comes along with being impaled mind you), I won't ever be fully satisfied.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonth View Post
    I've never even really been a fan of 3D movies. They charge you more than a regular movie at the theaters, you have to wear those stupid glasses that 100,000 other people have already worn, and the glasses also make everything darker in an already dark theater room...

I've yet to see this 3D that does not require glasses yet, but the fact that the Nintendo 3DS has done so poorly makes me a little weary of it. I know I am being a little unfair, because the fact it is doing so poorly could be for a number of other reasons (hardware limitations seems most likely, since that is the area Nintendo always neglects...), but it doesn't help the technology when the first piece of hardware to utilize it is a letdown.

Until video games are capable of implementing full virtual reality (think Star Trek hologram room), thus allowing me to physically crush the head of an ogre with my morning star, and to experience a fantasy adventure as if I am actually there (minus the excruciating pain that comes along with being impaled mind you), I won't ever be fully satisfied.
    And then people will stop having children.

I LOVE YOU MARILYN MONROBOT <3

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    I'd say PS fanatics obsessive interest drives them to irrational judgement or just sounding like crazy otakus like any other fanbase.
    That's about the truth of it.
    But still not as irrationally crazy and stubbornly idiotic as Sonic fans *staring at the people that didn't enjoy generations because it didn't have Genesis' Sonic 20 year old engine*
    Haven't gotten to play a whole lot of Generations yet (between holiday crap and two SW:tOR beta weekends), but it's pretty awesome so far. The "old" Sonic sections play almost just like old-school sonic, just with a modern graphics engine.