Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default What would you do differently?

There are a lot of things in PSO2 that could clearly have been done a lot differently and would have made the game much different. What are your thoughts on that?

Me personally I would have like to see classes have a lot more distinction between playstyles. I mean sure they all use different types of weapons but I would like to see more effort put into that. It gives little variation to what each class does considering most classes follow the same cookie cutter formula. Put up stance, spam photon art/tech, and use basic attack to refill pp.
    For example, Ranger could have a lot more traps to work with. It didn't even retain all of its old traps from PSO1. I liked the way the traps were changed from their original god awful way but they're still not up to par later game.
    Hunter could be the class that used a plethora of weapons because that's what it's all about. It's designed to be a jack of all trades class, skilled in all but master of none. And this class should honestly have been the only one to use stances.
    Force is designed perfectly to fit in this. It uses its own set of techs and the 2 weapons it uses give it great adaptability.

I don't really count the other two classes because they were designed to be hybrids of already existing classes.

I would've given more love to Launcher in the Ranger skill tree. Hell, in general.

I've actually been waiting to unleash this idea for a while, but it seems dumb to make a whole thread just for it: I was thinking of revamping the Launcher by adding a gear gauge to it (i know, i know, but bear with me) that rises based on how many enemies you hit with the explosions, and the higher it rises, the faster the fire speed and larger the explosive radius.
    Also batted around the idea of a skill for Launcher called Siege Mode, where it's a toggleable skill that plants your character's feet, increases defense hugely, protects against hitstun and blowback, increases fire damage and speed, increases projectile speed and removes the rechamber animation after the third shot.

Also a sprint mechanic for everyone. That'd be peachy.
    Ship02: Ur - The Sufferer

We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong! We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right!

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

I'd make critical hits not completely suck for everything except Fighter class combos using specific weapons.
    I'd make DEX not a worthless stat to everything except subpar niche builds.
    I'd make crafting always improve a given item.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by Grady219 View Post

Me personally I would have like to see classes have a lot more distinction between playstyles. I mean sure they all use different types of weapons but I would like to see more effort put into that. It gives little variation to what each class does considering most classes follow the same cookie cutter formula. Put up stance, spam photon art/tech, and use basic attack to refill pp.
    This sounds a lot like complaining for the sake of complaining. If anything, PSO2 has the most variety pertaining to weapons in any MMO Ive ever seen. What is great about this game is how you can switch weapons at any time to adapt to the situation.

Need AOE? Pull out your dual blades.
    Boss knocked down? Holding Current.
    Weak points out of reach? Bring out twin daggers and fly all over the place.
    etc etc. Every weapon itself has different PAs that are useful for different situations.

Cookie cutter formula? Okay Ill describe every MMO in history. Level up, get better gear, kill stuff. See how stupid that sounds? Thats what you are doing.

I already suggested that they give us a Twin Dagger skill that lets you move around while you're using your shift action, but they actually gave that to us just recently. I like being right.

It'd sure be nice to have SOME type of skill for Gunslashes, though. I know it's an all-class weapon and all, but c'mon.
    When was the start of all this?
    When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?

Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
    From deep within the flow of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer View Post
    It'd sure be nice to have SOME type of skill for Gunslashes, though. I know it's an all-class weapon and all, but c'mon.
    This, all over. No skill trees give any love to Gunslashes.
    Ship02: Ur - The Sufferer

We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong! We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right!

Just give every single class a Gunslash Gear skill with unique effects per class, and make every one main-class only to prevent using two simultaneously.

reported.

Quote Originally Posted by HopelessHero View Post
    This, all over. No skill trees give any love to Gunslashes.
    Really? Ranger and Gunner do it pretty well
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    Gunslash is the least fleshed out weapon type in the game, in terms of skills. Talis follows with a close second, with only one skill affecting it.

reported.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    For the gun portion, I guess. But what about the slash?
    When was the start of all this?
    When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?

Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
    From deep within the flow of time...