Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

IMO section ID's just made PSO even more addictive..... At first you didnt have a clue and would just make a char, then as you gained lvls and actually experienced how they worked, then you'd start contemplating both character class/race and section ID combos.... As some have mentioned some ID's had a drastically higher chance of dropping the rare you wanted.... So typically if you were a ranger you'd go for a certain ID, and if you were a hunter you'd go for another(skyly anyone :P). Then again, you'd hunt for a spesific item on your ranger who had an ID which had a higher chance of dropping a weapon you'd want for you hunter :P(those were the days), and vice versa.

Can't remember if mag evolution was affected by section ID's tho.... Kno class/race/what you fed it did, but anyways... dont get me started on mags, and mag farming hehe...Everyone had their favourites.... And farming/lvling them was half the fun...

PS: cheers for the warm welcome
    Last edited by Drunken Dragon; Oct 14, 2008 at 04:42 AM.

Bluefull was nice, But...I don't think ID's will be on this game. :/

That box that drops items, is that the only box? Well since you will mostly play with friends an not NOOBs then it is ok, you can split the goodz or get what you really need :P

Sounds good. IDs were an interesting idea, but fear of hacking and stuff really made PSO lose a good bit of its use. So plenty of folks with certain IDs never saw certain important drops.

PS Portable, so far, has probably one of the best drop ideas in the entire series, though. It also promotes playing with those of another class, too. 'cept due to class changing, any character has equal measure to drops, over time. A rather novel idea, want to see more of a certain type of drop? Have that kind of class lead the party! A rather good balance of drop setup, especially when you aren't doing dedicated servers.

My first was Greenil, my second was Yellowboze. That was before the drop-lists based on ID was known. So, you definitely see the disavantage that could turn out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hucast-Kireek View Post
    Bluefull was nice, But...I don't think ID's will be on this game. :/

That box that drops items, is that the only box? Well since you will mostly play with friends an not NOOBs then it is ok, you can split the goodz or get what you really need :P
    From the look of the videos, each player gets their own individual loot from each box. Notice how in the video, the other players don't pick up any items, yet move around as if they were scooping them up?
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

Each gets a loot? how does that work? the guy that kills the most wins a box of loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Saphion View Post
    From the look of the videos, each player gets their own individual loot from each box. Notice how in the video, the other players don't pick up any items, yet move around as if they were scooping them up?
    I was going to say the same thing, it seems that drops are specific to the player, a win-win because its less information to send to the server, and you wont get cheated out of anything!
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Quote Originally Posted by Hucast-Kireek View Post
    Each gets a loot? how does that work? the guy that kills the most wins a box of loot?
    Your loot doesnt show up on the other players screen, if an enemy drops an item, or a box is opened, then all the players see different objects. You cant physically pick up their items because that information is passed from DS to DS.

Like I said, a win win, because its less information being passed back and forth, and you dont have to worry about item hogs.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

NEAT!! unlike PSU where when you pick an item the whole world knows about it! man I hate that...but its good for item hogs I guess therefore you can boot em noobs later hehehe.

But PSZ's loot system takes the cake! this game is WIN!

The only question remaining is if each player gets different loot from the same box, or does everyone get the same items?
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

Yeah, that's the 1 million dollar question right there.