Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Default Random video game music on piano

Not Phantasy Star related, but what have you. I've been uploading a couple of songs every now and then, and of course I'm vain enough to share.

Bloody Tears:

Pinnacle (Dawn of Sorrow):

Sara's theme (Breath of Fire):

Kraid's Lair:

Gaze Up at the Darkness (Portrait of Ruin):

Wizards and Warriors main theme:

To Zanarkand:

Wily's Castle:

Breath of Fire battle theme:

Breath of Fire II battle theme:

Church of St. Eva (Breath of Fire):
    Last edited by Zorafim; Apr 23, 2009 at 03:21 PM.

I wasn't expecting this to be popular.

PSO's ending theme:

Skies of Arcadia main theme:

FFVI's boss theme:

Even though I've played Skies of Arcadia (love it to bits), I don't quite recognise that theme at all.

I've listened to all the tracks that I know of (I must've missed this the first time around) but I really do like what you've done with Kraid's lair. That sounds really good - do you play by ear or have you picked up the score sheet from somewhere...? If it's the latter, are you willing to share...? (even though that's technically... illegal...)

Love what you've done with To Zanarkand - it's a very popular piece and even through the video camera's omnidirectional microphone (at least, that's what I'm hoping it is...), it sounds really nice.

I also admire how you're willing to post what you look like on the internet as well - it's bad enough getting a recording out of me - it's even worse for me to know that someone else can see how I play. Did that have any impact on your performance...?

Do you have any other pieces that you would be willing to post/record..?

Um, I pretty much upload something when I strike the mood. I still have quite a few songs under my finger, but I haven't had the desire to show it off yet. They're basically little songs that aren't worth much, such as phantasy star's dungeon themes and a few castlevania songs not meant for piano.

That was Skies of Arcadia's main theme, by the way. When you load up the game, you should hear this before selecting a file. Try imagining it with a string orchestra.

As for Kraid's lair, try googling it. It shouldn't be a very hard find, at least it wasn't for me. Most of these I do get by ear, but sometimes I'm lucky enough to find sheet music.

And yeah, I've gotta say I'm really stiff when I get recorded or play for other people. But though I've always admired modesty, I don't think modesty should ever get in the way of anything.
    Last edited by Zorafim; May 23, 2009 at 10:26 PM.

I love the FFVI boss theme, very nice work. It's good to see something different here than the usual fanart, so thanks for uploading these.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Enjoyed those quite a bit, very nice.
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

Refreshing Minty Flavor Puppet_Papaya's Avatar

Wily's castle is impressive. How do you play so fast! Zanarkand and Arcadia are my next two picks. Seems like you put your own spin on the ones that are already performed in piano.

If these songs are preformed by other people, it's either an easy song to catch by ear, or there's sheet music going out. In either case, I customize the piece to be suited for me. I want it to be difficult enough to be fun, but not so difficult that it becomes a pain to play. Because of this customization, my songs are going to sound different than another person playing it, simply because we may have been trained differently.

And, how do I play so fast? Because it sounds cool, god damn it!

I loved all the CastleVania ones, as I'm a big CastleVania fan.
    Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

Wow, I'm impressed man! I wish I could play like that... I'm only starting to take keyboarding classes in college. Sure would've been nice to have learned from an earlier age...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone