Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Arrow Official Phantasy Star Portable 2 Pre-Order Thread / FAQ

Current Release Date:

• September 14, 2010

Retailers accepting Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP2) Pre-Orders:

Frequently Asked Questions:
    • Does pre-ordering help support the game?

"Pre-ordering actually does support the game and the franchise, more than you may know. SEGA definitely looks at the numbers. Want to make the execs at SEGA think about supporting a series even more? Spike those pre-order numbers, and they will most definitely see it." - RubyEclipse

• Will I be charged for the game when I pre-order?

It depends on the retailer you are pre-ordering from, but many online stores (including Amazon and Gamestop) will wait to charge you until your game ships (or a day or so beforehand). If you're pre-ordering your game in-store, there is typically a minimum deposit of $5 required.

• Are there any pre-order bonuses for Phantasy Star Portable 2?

No pre-order bonuses have been revealed yet, but they will be added to this thread if and when they are announced. Retailers such as Amazon will retroactively apply pre-order bonuses to existing pre-orders, so there is no need to worry about missing out. Consult your preferred retailer's pre-order policy if you are unsure about how they handle bonuses for existing orders.

• Is there a monthly fee to play PSP2 online?

No, online play for Phantasy Star Portable 2 is completely free once you buy the game. You are required to have a Playstation Network account, but registration is free. Each copy of the game will include a unique code that can be registered with your PSN account, granting full, unlimited access to the online portion of the game.

Post if you pre-ordered!

I did it today. Game Stop is taking pre orders right now.

Do you think pre ordering shows support for the game?
    Does anyone know if Sega looks at pre order numbers?
    Do you like pre ordering?

I like to do it. It causes me more excitement for the game. I like posting up the receipt thing you get onto the wall. I'll tell everyone I know, gotta show them this game will be great in the states!

PSOW Note: A big thanks to AzureBlaze for starting this thread. With his permission, we've converted this into PSO-World's *official* Phantasy Star Portable 2 pre-order thread. We'll be helping to keep it updated with the latest pre-order information as we receive it!
    Last edited by Tomeeboy; Aug 25, 2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: added more awesome

Preorders now? Perfect! I can slowly pay this off during the summer. I wonder if they're doing that bundle deal I heard about months ago.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

I'll just wait and see when it pops up in stores for me. I'm not much of a fan of Pre-Ordering stuff. Did it twice, once with Zelda: Wind Waker and once with Tales of Symphonia and both times they screwed up so much i'm never gonna pre-order anymore.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

I most likely will pre-order it, it's sad though that PSP:1 had no pre-order bonuses...so pre-order bonuses for PSP:2 don't look so bright.
    The real hardcore players are the ones having fun! ...Me? Hehe...

I need to pre-order asap.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Good that my city hasn't too many freaks who would buy that so I don't need to pre-order it. I'll just go to my trusting games store and will buy it.
    At least it already gives me too much excitement waiting for the release.
    トビ~

I preordered mine but since I spent so much hours on the jp version, I'll mostly stay on jp version then the english one, I'll only play the english one with friends and the jp one to join their event missions.
    JP PSPo2 characters:
    フィイト=ラインゴッド lvl 195+, BR lvl 25, HU lvl 28

Already pre-ordered mine some time ago. Like to make sure I have my copy guaranteed.

Soon as I heard the news I was ready to head out to GameSTOP... until I realized I use GameFLY So I'll just buy it at a discount when I get it in the mail.

So excitedddddd XD
    Through Nests of Dragons, Beneath Caves of Demons
    Along Halls of Warriors, Between Ruins of Villians
    Courageous avatars of peace stand unyielding.

Follow this link for an expansive listing of my swag

Nah, I'm going to wait until I can pre-order from Amazon since that's where I buy the bulk of my games.