Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Default The New (Finished Product!) PSOW CBT Video Project! Watch it on the first page!

Link to the old thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194804

Way back in April players were finally given the chance to play the long awaited Phantasy Star Online 2 Closed Beta Test. I'm largely ignoring the alpha because I didn't get to participate and as far as that's concerned it never happened.

Yep.

So after quite a few set-backs and long sleepless nights I've finally finished the PSO-W Community Beta Test video. The goal was to both provide a visual document of the beta test, the antics of the community and sort of an advertisement for future players. Unfortunately the cameraman was me and everyone is forced to suffer my terrible editing skills. While it is true that I picked most of the clips, Anything good in there, was likely done by user DanteDMC.That being said, I can proudly (read: nervously) present you the finished product:

Put on you headphones!

DISCLAIMERS: I don't really believe myself to be a very skilled player, as such you'll see some horrible mistakes and quite a few thing I never want to remember but I suffered for you guys and I hope you are happy. While there is quite a bit of my character, you should know that it really stars YOU, the players.

Icespike/Ein! Your music choice is horrible and I wish you could die 1,000 deaths for picking it!
    ANSWER: Despite the fact that I'm claiming this video is truly about you guys, and it is, and is ment for you guys, and is, I have taken the liberty of picking music that is outside the norm and I feel accurately represents what I'm trying to share here. Yes, I could have easily used exclusively PS related music, but I did not. Life is suffering.

Icespike/Ein! You said that I would be in the video! You said I was the star and I don't see myself or my shout-out was missed and -rabble-
    ANSWER: First off, I'm a scumbag and I'm truly sorry if you've been overlooked or I've promised something I cannot deliver. I'm pressed for time and it's likely that if I've missed something, it's because you either didn't provide a picture or a phrase or quite simply... I forgot. Forgive me, if you guys don't hang me, there WILL be a next time.

Icespike/Ein! You don't show X PA and X Weapon and X Zone or something X!
    ANSWER: Let me be clear when I say this. I don't get drops, loot, or things I need. What I get, is a big handful of something I don't need, a lot of it. As such, you guys suffer by seeing a lot of the same attacks, zones, bosses, monsters and the boring stuff over and over and over. I'm sorry, next time I'll adjust the drop tables and make it rain.

I'm sorry there is not more RA and FO footage, I didn't get time to cap them and I'm a big dumb HU. Which is funny considering I started a RA and loved it.

I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL EDITOR. I NEVER CLAIMED TO BE AND HOPE THAT I CAN ONLY IMPROVE ON MY TERRIBAD SKILLS, PLEASE EXCUSE THE QUALITY.

I would like that you guys be honest and help me out by telling me how you feel about what you've watched.

In the future, I hope you provide Tips and Tricks, strats and visual guides to all abilities, armors, units, Photon Arts, enemies, zones, Photon Arts, TECHs, everything. I want to make a full guide and encourage you to either contribute or ban together to do this, for us.

Finally, this was a lot of fun and I hope it's worth the wait. Let me know guys!
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

OMG you finished it!! +^_^+ ima watch it now!! +^_^+
    EDIT: first post +^_^+
    Freaking awesome, i put it up on the big screen in full 1080+^_^+ I'm so psyched to play with everyone now!!! +^_^+ i especially love that part about 5 mins in where you die a lot+^_^+ i was like "HELLS YEAH!!!" (nothing against you, i just like seeing players die a lot, that's why i play Gears of War and such) oh and i saw me in your vid+^_^+ just for that, ima use that particular version of Mary in Pre-OBT today!! *feels famous*

(the screen print caught both my monitors, sorry+^_^+)

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Jun 15, 2012 at 03:22 AM.

You all look like crazy fun to play with... xD The synchronized dancing parts cracked me up.

nicely done sir.

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Make sure to watch it in at least 720p, and in full screen. Good job on being able to see a bunch of PSOW names! I'll edit this and add more input once I'm finished with the vid.

What I liked:

Stair jumping, and rail sliding. Abundance of synchronized and non-synchronized dancing. Music choice was fitting, and I was very glad to hear some Episode III goodness in there. The part with the rockbear chasing after you is hilarious. All in all, there were quite a few parts that had some great camera angles, which lead to some pretty neat scenes. The crawling rifle PA bit was hysterical!

The shout-outs section was pretty rad too. It keeps you real busy between reading the main shoutouts, alongside seeing all the people who were hanging out in the cafe.

Also laughed at "my eye is twitching, must be goatee approaching" - Cocona

"There's no beasts here!" - ashley50
    Last edited by Dragwind; Jun 15, 2012 at 03:02 AM.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Amazing man, saw myself plenty of times there and personally I thought the song choices were all very suited, especially the end... made me want to play again even more very great work... couldn't have turned out better if I do say so mahself.

P.S. lawled at the sneak shot part at the end

There are so many awesome parts of this worth pointing out that I don't even know where to begin. I really like how this....flows. I can't really explain it but it's really nice. My favorite parts are definitely the dancing, and when we're all just kinda chillin in the blue club. I'm also highly amused by Syl just kinda walking in on us dancing XD.

Oh, and "Dance, for the glory of PSOW!".

Ys VI - Levo Lution The Ruined City of Kishgal (Down Earth Mix)
    WHOEVER SUGGESTED THAT IS PROBABLY A COOL PERSON. PROBABLY. JUST SAYIN

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind
    Also laughed at "my eye is twitching, must be goatee approaching" - Cocona
    I laughed when I said that too, wow

I'll have to watch again after work when I'm not still sleepy to truly appreciate it, but seriously, well done. This is a gem that will represent our community indefinitely. I love you guys.

- Cocona

The perfect thing to watch before more beta! Thanks for doing this.

WAY PAST COOL, BRAH! Drifting Fable's Avatar

This is great. The purest representation of our fun community.

I'll definitely make sure I'm playing on block 20 instead of 02 in the future.