PSO-World.com Phantasy Star NewsPSOW ForumsPSU Items DatabaseGuides Database
Register Site Links FAQ/Rules Forums Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PSO-World.com Forums > Phantasy Star Online 2 > PSO2 General
Reload this Page PSO2 NA Release Theories

PSO2 NA Release Theories
Old
  (#1)
PSO Assassin

Default PSO2 NA Release Theories - 03-13-2013, 08:04 PM

Hello everyone. Thought I would change up the current trend of "gib meh NA newz pls!!!" by creating a thread where we can speculate possible reasons for why Sega of America isn't giving us news/why Sega in general won't let any news be shared.

The ultimate purpose of the thread is just to debate and get ideas out there. Most importantly though, I thought it would be pretty fun to do.

My most optimistic theory (kinda unrealistic), is that they will announce that the game will be coming out in a very short amount of time. I mean, announcing that it will release in a week upon announcing. Releasing the game in such a way could create a lot of traffic on the site, possibly causing a crash. A crash caused by a rush of eager fans would gain attention in gaming media, and would bring in more people. To support the theory of something like that gaining more fans, look at what happened with Guild Wars 2 when sales opened up. They had to stop selling digital copies because servers couldn't keep up with it. I know that created a lot of hype for me.

As I said, this is very unrealistic but it is extraordinarily optimistic haha. I'd love to hear what some of you guys can come up with!

Old
  (#2)
gigawuts is Online
Resist/RealLife+++

Default 03-13-2013, 08:06 PM

Actually I think it's pretty plausible that they're holding off more news until it's basically ready to go. That's even pretty much how the JP servers went live.

They'll probably announce a beta of indeterminate duration, then 2 weeks or so into it launch the full game.

Last edited by gigawuts; 03-13-2013 at 08:25 PM..

Old
  (#3)
Outlaw

Send a message via AIM to Retehi Send a message via MSN to Retehi  
Default 03-13-2013, 08:09 PM

They're too scared to tell us they cancelled it.

Old
  (#4)
(・`ω・)

Default 03-13-2013, 08:22 PM

They more then likely have no news to give us, really think about it if they had news they would tell us. But they don't have to us that they did something that isn't even entertaining(As in not getting anywhere/not much done.) Perhaps we'll hear something during the summer. I wouldn't be surprised if this game comes out during June.

Old
  (#5)
Using the Force

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowth117 
Default 03-13-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retehi View Post
They're too scared to tell us they cancelled it.
They weren't scared to let PSU go with massive amounts of lag and frequent lag spikes on top of that for months at one point. I don't think they're "scared" to do anything to us.

Old
  (#6)
Rappy Hunter

Default 03-13-2013, 08:30 PM

My best guess is PAX.

Old
  (#7)
Enthused Disenfranchisee

Default 03-13-2013, 08:36 PM

Next week they'll come out and announce that the NA/EU beta will start immediately, with the official release launching along with the Easter event, sharing all content with the current Japanese release, trading and shops will be free for all users, AC items will be up to 90% off permanently, all AC items will be saleable in player shops for meseta, skill resets are automatically issued at lv30 and every 15 levels afterwards, GMs will actively respond to players in game and address any and all support issues and reliably forward any complaints or suggestions to the Japanese development team.

Old
  (#8)
The Empress' Knight

Default 03-13-2013, 08:38 PM

Yeah, but what about my unicorn?

Old
  (#9)
pannon Kicker

Send a message via AIM to Alisha Send a message via MSN to Alisha  
Default 03-13-2013, 08:42 PM

they know all the people playing pso 2 jp wont switch over if us pso 2 starts from square one so why bother?

sig by gama
Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
Shayla newman female Br/Ra
Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
ship 02 team:none

Old
  (#10)
PSO Assassin

Default 03-13-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
They more then likely have no news to give us, really think about it if they had news they would tell us. But they don't have to us that they did something that isn't even entertaining(As in not getting anywhere/not much done.) Perhaps we'll hear something during the summer. I wouldn't be surprised if this game comes out during June.
In business, it is more complicated than that. The news needs to be released in a way that it will stay in the consumers minds. For example, I heard about a game called Star Forge about a year ago, they were very big in the minds of the consumers at the time (the game was in EXTREMELY early alpha). The game still hasn't released, and is still in alpha, yet nobody really cares much about the game now. Point of that story is that businesses need to release news to coordinate with consumer hype. It will result in more impulsive purchases.