Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default JP party descriptions translations

Jan 22 update: Added a line about 4 VH TAs + 1 SH TA to the TA section. Cleaned up TA and EQ sections slightly.
    Here are some translations of the most common instructions in Japanese pick-up groups' descriptions.

I have a lot of filler text indicated as "・・・", so if you know how to properly format/fill it in it so it's gramatically correct, that would be appreciated as well!
    TA and EQ sections are entirely lacking this at the moment. Killed AQ section because it was redundant with the spreadsheet.

Please correct any mistakes too, as this was compilled by someone who knows very little Japanese and is guessing meanings off of what little she can read.

NOTE: Japanese text separated by slashes (/) indicates variations of the same text. Don't paste everything in if you're making party descriptions!

NOTE 2: Please use these words whenever you join a Japanese party! They're the bare minimum for politeness. If you're interested in more words, look at the spreadsheet linked in the AQ section.

よろしくお願いします
    Pleased to meet you.
    (Use when you join the party and when someone else joins.)

お疲れ様でした
    Good work.
    (Use when the party is done.)

PTありがとうございました
    Thank you for the party.
    (Use after the above.)

Advanced Quests
    Find the appropriate block.
    アドバンス = Advanced

Z-0 compiled this > spreadsheet < with plenty of useful stuff for AQs.

Time Attacks
    Find the appropriate block.
    タイムアタック = Time Attack
    If you don't know how to run TAs, click here.
    It's recommended that you use your main class for faster runs.
    WARNING: Do NOT break the Tranmizer drop crystal before EVERYONE is in the room, because it allows all players to get drops! JP players will get upset if you do so, and you may end up getting kicked and/or blacklisted.

Spoiler!

Emergency Quests
    Find a block appropriate for the difficulty you want to do the EQ in.
    Normal =
    ノーマル, Hard = ハード, Very Hard = ベリーハード, Super Hard = スーパーハード
    Note that I'm not really sure how to specify quests when it's multiple EQs in the same planet/area. The following info is best suited for standalone EQs such as Wind and Rain and Dark Falz.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Kayarine; Mar 5, 2014 at 02:37 AM.

JP PSO2 - Ship 2 & 4 | Player ID: Kayarine
    Kayarine | Σ-18 | クロウ | Alexander | シロナ | 【敗者】 | サガ
    テオドール | マトイ | アウロラ | ピエトロ | ブリュー・リンガーダ | ジン

I've not done AQs, but the instructions seem simple enough to grasp:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Asdfv; May 7, 2013 at 04:48 AM.

Thank you very much! It's helpful to know the most common instructions in the party descriptions. Though I'm not sure what waiting at/running to the exit for bursts means... I guess it would be rushing so the burst happens near the exit.

Ah, I had initially thought it meant it as a way to skip over bursts, but I guess that makes more sense. So, it's probably "fight it out at the exit" rather than "wait at the exit" (the verb is left out and only implied).
    Last edited by Asdfv; May 7, 2013 at 05:31 AM.

A burst near the exit is the best way to burst; bursts in the middle of the field are horribly inefficient compared to them.

At the exit / entrance, everything spawns in front of you in a small area (usually small, can be larger in case of maps like Tundra and Caves), allowing you to pick off everything extremely by standing still and spamming Cluster Bullet, Additional Bullet, Zondeel with Talis, Rafoie, whatever. You will almost always Cross Burst doing this because of how fast things die. I've been doing this for a while in Advanced Quests, and the bursts are usually always amazing, especially since I recently made myself a Metaliginis.

And obviously, exit bursts also allow any FIs or /FIs to use Brave Stance really easily.

P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    A burst near the exit is the best way to burst; bursts in the middle of the field are horribly inefficient compared to them.

At the exit / entrance, everything spawns in front of you in a small area (usually small, can be larger in case of maps like Tundra and Caves), allowing you to pick off everything extremely by standing still and spamming Cluster Bullet, Additional Bullet, Zondeel with Talis, Rafoie, whatever. You will almost always Cross Burst doing this because of how fast things die. I've been doing this for a while in Advanced Quests, and the bursts are usually always amazing, especially since I recently made myself a Metaliginis.

And obviously, exit bursts also allow any FIs or /FIs to use Brave Stance really easily.
    Ohh I see, thanks for the tip. That makes a lot of sense now, rush to the exit/entrance for bursts. Some parties also instruct to go back to the entrance with a telepipe it seems. I guess that would be done after the burst is triggered so that things will actually spawn back there.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    I tried using a browser based OCR before and it didn't read the kanji correctly. So I didn't want to rely on it for this.
    Last edited by Kayarine; May 7, 2013 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayarine View Post
    I tried using a browser based OCR before and it didn't read the kanji correctly. So I didn't want to rely on it for this.
    i'm using it for kanji passwords, didn't fail on me so far
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Asdfv View Post

Kill along the way and advance efficiently / defeat all trash mobs only when it's Snow
    Stop on the way at PSE Lv 7 / leader swap possible
    Um...what does stop on the way at PSE lv7 mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Rololf View Post
    Um...what does stop on the way at PSE lv7 mean?
    It was meant to be "stray off to other paths when PSE Lv7 happens". The party otherwise want a speedy AD run.