Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I'm new to Gunner and would like some help

Now that I'm decent as braver (thanks to this forum as well) I started unlocking new classes.

So far I love gunner and the Twin Machinegun PAs.
    I want to play differently from braver though, not just using the correct Pa for any given situation over and over (Kanran vs mobs, Hatou vs bosses, etc) but rather spam PA combos.

I'm lvl 26 and haven't spent a single SP yet because I don't know what build to get.
    I also don't know what class to sub for a build to only power up gunner and don't do any hybrid stuff.

And some general tips would be nice, for example I don't stylish role much yet but it seems to be very good and there are some skills to power up attacks during it.

There's a problem if you're not using S-roll: you're doing half the damage you could be. Max S-roll JA in the skill tree immediately and only use PAs after s-rolling. The combo system is useless for gunner since only the first PA in the palette can get the JA bonus. Always do normal attacks during s-rolls too, since it's free damage and pp recovery before the s-roll JA.

Thanks to S-Roll JA, most of GU players said goodbye to combo PAs. Like mentioned above, since S-Roll JA allows you to deal 200% damage, most of the time you only abuse the 1st PA on your weapon palettes.

Sub HU for good constant general damage, or alternatively, go GU/RA for weak bullet and good DPS burst. Recently GU/TE has been gaining some popularity, but it's still not as popular as the GU/HU or GU/RA, the damage isn't as great as the other two, it sacrifices a part of offensive potential that the /HU or /RA sub can provide, but gives versatility, allows tech casting and allows supportive play if required while still being rather decent. However, GU/TE still not recommended unless you have good units, weapons, and affixes.

GU is the worst class to use the PA combo system on because of s roll. You can't use it at all

Sword and daggers are nice for the combo system, do HU or FI.

If you REALLY want to play GU then sub HU for damage or RA in EQ's and WB every boss.

Even though the combo system is a little (haha..) outdated for Gu, you can still play like this guy and have loads of fun. I like to call this style "Airtime Gunner". You can find a lot of these elsewhere (i.e. Youtube, niconico).

Hunter is ideal for consistent damage. Ranger is there for the weakbullet and burst damage.

As for skills, you wanna max Zero Range Advance 1 and 2, T. Mech Gun Gear, Perfect Keeper. Attack PP Restraint is optional, and so is Chain Trigger (imo). Showtime, Showtime Star, and High Time is dependent on whether you know you'll be using Showtime a lot: it's mainly useful for AQs, not so good in TAs.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

Did somebody say combo system?
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

lol
    Thanks.
    I think I will go with combos and play airtime gunner.
    I can play efficiently in TAs and time critical EQs but airtime and PA combos are just too much fun to ignore :P

BTW, any alternative to Perfect Keeper? cause I'm not very comfortable with that skill and don't think I will put any points in it.how about this tree?

Oh and so I found far the best skill is Infinite Fire, good damage (especially when mashing PA button) and since I can move and all it couldn't possibly be safer.
    Last edited by Achelousaurus; Jul 13, 2014 at 07:28 AM.

No. Do not waste any unneccesary points on s-roll up and s-roll arts than you have to... max s-roll ja though. Forgo showtime related skills because it simply isn't practical. i'd say don't waste point on dive roll and just reversal but get it on your subclass tree. Also, I think you should max perfect keeper and get guld milla since you'll be doing high damage while simultaneously being near invincible.

For pa's, many of gunner's pa's are very useful.

Infinite fire is a all-purpose pa for mobbing and bossing and simply getting aggro... it's basically your default pa.

Heel stab for mobbing.

Shift period for mobbing.

Elder rebellion for chain finish or burst damage... it's nice damage. It's great for finishing off goldies in TDs also (besides using heel stab).

Messiah time on concentrated mobs or staggered bosses... it's an amazing boss killer... try it and you'll see what I mean.

Dead approach isn't so useful accept for traversing space.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Jul 13, 2014 at 08:27 AM.

I experimented a little with showtime star on my FO, not worth it imo. You rarely get to take advantage of that extra maximum PP (you don't instantly get the 50 PP to use when you activate showtime). If you're going to use showtime, you need to pick High Time, it's an ok/nice damage boost with an alright active time and CD, especially since you're unwilling to max PK.

Speaking of Guild Milla, not only do they improve survival to a whole new level (and keep active PK), but they allow to take advantage of all the hyper armor GU are getting on their PA and face tank stuff if your damage and defense/hp are good enough.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Ditto, like what Sandmind said.

With Guld Milla, why waste time trying to dodge stuff when you can just murder mobs and bosses head on at point-blank range (getting Zero Range Advance 1 & 2 Bonuses) and tank through most shits while getting healed (PK Bonus); with GM, you can really play the Zero-Range game.