Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

PSOW'S Stickman Assault - Get Those Pencils And Draw

We unveil to you our newest contest: PSOW'S Stickman Assault - Get Those Pencils And Draw.

Now you're going to be asking us: "What? Stickman Assault?" It's easy, you see, we're having a fan art contest, but to be fair to everyone, this will be a stickman fanart contest! Interesting? Want to participate but worried that our artists in Fan Works will kick your ass? Don't be afraid, this contest covers everyone! Read on even more and make sure to read the rules!

The chosen categories for this fanart challenge are:

Mome the great
    Rappy huntress extreme
    Monster mash
    Burning Booma sticks
    C-mode gone wrong
    The ultimate rare
    Legit vs haxorz
    Oh my head!

You will be submitting your fanfics via email's to [email protected]. Members will have up to January 14th to submit their fanarts. We are ready to start accepting your works starting on January 1st.

Once all the submissions are taken in after the first two weeks, PSOW members will have another two weeks to vote for who they think best fits the category!

Winners will each get a PSO figurine. Best in Challenge winner will get their very own set of PSO playing cards!

This contest begins Thursday, January 1st. You can start submitting entries then. We will be accepting entries until Wednesday, January 14th. Voting for the contest will then commence for 2 weeks once the voting booth is prepared. Voting for the Best in Challenge fanfic will commence once winners of the primary 8 categories are announced and will last for 1 week.

Categories
    Interpretations on the category titles are up to you, but remember, we will be voting for the one that best match the title. Also, plus points for creativity, originality, humor and artistry.

Please completely read the RULES below

Submissions must follow each category.

Maximum image size: 400x600. This is the total size for the whole image. The image itself can be divied into as many panels or strips or whatever else that you want. It can follow the setup of a comic strip or a comic book. The entire strip or panel must be no more then 400x600. You're limited to just one single 400x600 image.

Characters, people or enemy or any other character, must be in very simple matchstick man images. One line for body, one line for each arm, one arm for each leg and one circle for the head. Characters cannot have anything else on it. Nothing else will be accepted. Nothing more complex will be accepted. The way you identify your characters is up to you and is part of the creativity process.You can put eyes, noses and mouths but in simplified forms to show emotions and expression.

All images including backgrounds should be line art and cannot include photographs, screenshots or the likes.

Entries can be in color or b&w.

Entries can be in digital art, scans or traditional art (pencil drawn, inked, etc)

Entries can have speech bubbles or text to help the story if there is a story to tell.

All entries should be in either gif or jpg format. Please don't send us huge images! Please nothing over 2mb's! No animated gif's. Absolutely no flash or shockwave.

Only up to 2 artist per entry allowed.

All entries must strictly follow the site/forum rules and rule of conduct. This includes content and language.

Each member is allowed to enter in two categories. You can only have one entry per category.

All submissions are final, NO EXCEPTIONS!

All entries have to be titled in the following format: membername_categoryname

The staff will not correct or edit any entries even upon personal request.

All entries shall remain secret until voting goes live. Do not advertise entries prior. Do not submit entries that have been posted on the site.

We will not tolerate any entries that have forms of plagiarism. Such actions will be considered as cheating.

You may "campaign" your entry in your signatures or in the Fresh Kills forum once voting starts. Please remember to observe forum rules. (Please no shameless self promoting through pm's though!) You may not however have any ambiguous links of any form that will result in someone voting for you once the link is clicked. You will be disqualified if found doing so. All links have to be explicitly marked.

Do not post your entries in the Fan Works forum or any forum. Do not campaign in Fan Works.

As always, any attempt to cheat in this contest will have you disqualified from the current contest or any other contest in the future.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR MEMBERNAME IF YOU ARE EMAILING AND FOLLOW FILENAME RULES!

Adhere to all the rules or we will have to refuse your entry.

You may employ your own cheerleaders and give us bananas.

Knock yourselves out and enjoy! And please... complaints make us weary of holding contests.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-12-26 03:31 ]</font>

Quick question!

What if you were drawing a boss that comes in segments, like De Rol Le or Barba Ray? Would you draw a bunch of circles? I can see how you would draw a stick dragon or something, but some of the bosses would be really difficult to put in generic stick form.

I seriously want to take a shot at this contest, so I don't want my entry rejected just because I wasn't clear on the rules. o_o;

Quickie in flyff- aibatt

W00t!!

*cough* Care to elaborate on "Oh my head!"?
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

Offline Only Veteran

I think this contest is going to rule. I like stickmens, I made some fun art with Stickmen before, but for another game. I'm sure I can make a FANTASTIC set of Stickmen-Art

so can we have stick weapons too? Or would that go under "characters cannot have anything else on them", thus leaving us with unarmed characters?

w00t w00t! This seems fun.

Question tho. You can compaign yourself in your sig in Fresh Kill but nowhere else, meaning you will have to have a sig seperate for Fresh Kill? How do you do that??

Are weapons allowed? It's easy to get a saber out of a singel line and how about the detail I guess a little is O.K., right?

Fate binds us, destroys us.

I'm in.
    ... Legits vs Hackzorz
    And now, off to play Halo.

On 2003-12-26 09:17, LamerPanda wrote:
    Quick question!

What if you were drawing a boss that comes in segments, like De Rol Le or Barba Ray? Would you draw a bunch of circles? I can see how you would draw a stick dragon or something, but some of the bosses would be really difficult to put in generic stick form.

I seriously want to take a shot at this contest, so I don't want my entry rejected just because I wasn't clear on the rules. o_o;
    for that very simplified forms will work, but remember, keep it simplified! like very very!

it's not an all out fan art contest, it's a stickman fan art contest, and creativity and problem soliving is part of it!

*cough* Care to elaborate on "Oh my head!"?
    as said above, categories are open to what you make of it.

so can we have stick weapons too? Or would that go under "characters cannot have anything else on them", thus leaving us with unarmed characters?
    Are weapons allowed? It's easy to get a saber out of a singel line and how about the detail I guess a little is O.K., right?
    weapons are allowed and the rendering of them are up to you, but characters themselves are stickmen. they don't need to be simplified.

Question tho. You can compaign yourself in your sig in Fresh Kill but nowhere else, meaning you will have to have a sig seperate for Fresh Kill? How do you do that??
    your sig is fine for universal use, individual "promotion" threads and posts are only allowed in fresh kills.

hope you guys have fun with this one. we tried to make it as fun as possible and as fair as possible for the people who aren't art masters. good luck guys!