Has anyone learned of the cost or release date for the GC keyboard? I don't think I'll be able to live on PSO without one.

Full-Support FOmarl since Dreamcast PSO ver. 1
    Crown Princess by birth--Empress Regnant by destiny.

Just out of curiousity: why did you name the topic GC Software Keyboard when I think you are referring to the hardware keyboard? That kinda threw me when I read what you wrote in comparison to the topic.

My guess is maybe $19.99 to $34.99. Doesn't make sense for Sega to charge $40+ for a localized keyboard. But then again, they have done pretty confusing and questionable things in the past.

On 2002-10-28 09:29, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
    Has anyone learned of the cost or release date for the GC keyboard? I don't think I'll be able to live on PSO without one.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

On 2002-10-28 10:39, OmegaofTime wrote:
    My guess is maybe $19.99 to $34.99. Doesn't make sense for Sega to charge $40+ for a localized keyboard. But then again, they have done pretty confusing and questionable things in the past.

On 2002-10-28 09:29, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
    Sega isn't selling a keyboard themselves and no 3rd party has one ready to ship out to stores as of now.

And yes this topic was misleading.
    "Software" keyboard means the "in-game" keyboard, hence the game is the "software" with the game keyboard in it.
    A stand alone keyboard from your game and GC is a "hardware" keyboard.

*giggle* I apologize for my misuse of terms!! >< Yes, I did mean the hardware keyboard. So no one is planing on releasing one yet in the US? Well if they know what is good for 'em they better release one!! I don't think many of us can live without one!

Must...have...keyboard...argh!!!

-EDarkness

Apparently there's wierd stuff popping up on the eb terminals about a keyboard. I'm not sure how accurate this information is though. Keep your fingers crossed.

On 2002-10-29 09:08, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
    *giggle* I apologize for my misuse of terms!! >< Yes, I did mean the hardware keyboard. So no one is planing on releasing one yet in the US? Well if they know what is good for 'em they better release one!! I don't think many of us can live without one!

Yeah...too bad Forces don't have a tech called "Pray for a KB" ....argh....do they actually think we can play PSO to its full extent without one?!?

Well, I could live without a keyboard for a while since the majority doesn't have one. If a large amount of players aren't going to say anything for while, why should I? I guess I'll test my creativity when I start busting out wierd emoticons for a few weeks while waiting for a kb.

On 2002-10-29 09:18, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
    Yeah...too bad Forces don't have a tech called "Pray for a KB" ....argh....do they actually think we can play PSO to its full extent without one?!?

Well, I could live without a keyboard for a while since the majority doesn't have one. If a large amount of players aren't going to say anything for while, why should I? I guess I'll test my creativity when I start busting out wierd emoticons for a few weeks while waiting for a kb.
    Yeah, looks like we're gonna have to do. I think what I'm gonna do is play offline for a while and when a keyboard shows up I'll jump on. It's just hard to believe that we're to the day of the games release and there isn't a keyboard out. I thumb my nose at Nintendo for not even considering releasing one themselves.

-EDarkness