Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Well I obtained my OST of Episode IV so let me give you a run down of it.

Artist: Hideaki Kobayashi & Fumie Kumatani
    Bonus Material: Wallpapers and Screensavers

10 Tracks
    3 Maps so 6 tracks there. 1 track for the known boss track.. so what are the other 3 then? (for those who played the beta and had the beta tracks)

Track 01 - Opening Music for trailer. 1:30
    Starts off slow, then a sudden pickup of beat. However no need for me to go into detail for this track since you all heard it.

Track 02 - Wilds PART 1 6:06
    Phantasy Star III is written all over this. Track starts off gently as it was in a very mysterious open dry valley. At 2:14, comes the opening theme for Phantasy Star III remixed beautifully to give that once again nostalagic feeling like something evil has happened.

Track 03 - Wilds PART 2 6:07
    Similar to the style of Mother Earth Of Dishonesty PART 2 but with a variable beat that suits the theme of the Wilds area like derranged animals coming out to strike at you.

Track 04 - Crater PART 1 5:15
    The track gives a feeling of "finally I'm here at the site and now to start investigating". Not much to say about this track.

Track 05 - Crater PART 2 5:16
    "Oh yay more monsters /sarcasm" is what I get from this track. Nothing too special so somewhat disappointing.

Track 06 - Underground Desert PART 1 6:55
    This track tends to convey a sense of mysticism with exploration backing it up. Like "what is really going on here? I wanta find out more" The piano seems to be in tune with the (spoiler for those who never seen those illegitimate screenshots so if u dont want spoiler dont read the rest of this track commentary) crystals in the underground desert.

Track 07 - Underground Desert PART 2 6:55
    Upbeat version of track 06 really. However a feeling of "im getting closer to the truth" is conveyed here. Not a bad track but just can't find much to say about it. I like 1:02 and on part.

Track 08 - Boss track 5:56
    The opening screams Phantasy Star IV caves music to me. However it is like a feeling of discovery and the true mastermind of this and now he/she has come to bust your ass for what you know now.

Track 09 -

SPOILER??????? *dont look at this commentary if u dont want spoiler.

This track I am not sure but it sounds like its the second form of the boss. Originally in the beta there was only one track given to us and it was labelled boss09 but in light of this track, it would seem the boss is more than meets the eye.

Starts off slow with some eerie music, then slows down and picks up pace like a boss revival and a final battle emotion is conveyed. In the middle of the song gives a feeling of peril and "You are going to die now!" Then a techno ish part starts at 2:32 which may hint something...

A good track I say.

Track 10 - Ending (Remix of World With Me imo) 4:58
    "Cause nothing is going to last forever"
    is the opening line This version is faster than the Episode II version. Sounds a bit weird since I am used to the Episode II version. Its like the 2nd part of Can still see the light tempo but with lyrics and music of World With me. Weird sega... seems like you slacked here.

More wild speculation (dont read if u want to keep it all surprise)
    I dunno but maybe Leo is behind all this shit. The boss music has this machine like feeling to it which makes me think Leo made some kind of super army robot or something... Also the doors of underground desert (if you saw those illegal screenshots) suggest WORKS may have been here which out of possibility may spur Montague's interest and Sue's involvement. Again this is speculation heh...

Edit:Ok the review of the wallpapers and screensavers.

3 different wallpapers, 2 of them with the initial boxart while 1 with the retail boxart. 2 of them emphasize the blue burst by showing the blue explosion that was seen in space. One of them though is closer and more upfront to the explosion while the other is a view from a distance in space. A generic group shot of the default characters is in one of them. The wallpaper with the retail boxart has a nice light red bg colour to it. Not too bad wallpapers. Its your standard official wallpapers.

The screensavers are nice though, they both show off beautiful cinematic scenes from the trailer and then some. A spinning PSO Logo (the one you fight on when you fight falz form three). However i think sega either goofed or did made it intentional as you can see a very faint white box that spins along with the logo that has a opacity of like 20%? (for you photoshop people )

*plays track 9 again* yeah i really like track 9 now i must admit. its like idola the immortal feather feeling with a fast pace battle but in its own way where the battle is really tense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-02-08 21:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-02-08 21:27 ]</font>

Must... get... soundtrack...

The last soundtrack I got was Episode 1 and 2 Premium Arrange. Love it.

By the way, is there a title for it? For instace, Episode 3 OST was called "Let the Winds Blow"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-02-08 21:09 ]</font>

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE Blue Burst EPISODE IV SOUND TRACK is what i got on it.

Ill post up the screensaver and wallpaper review abit later. *enjoys new pso music especially track 9*

updated: wallpaper and screensaver review up now
    now to post this in my own team's forums

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-02-08 21:24 ]</font>

Spoilers?

Do not read further if you don't want to know

Well, from what I've played on Beta, the set of quests were called "... Leo Graham" (don't remember the first part) so yes, the last boss in there is going to be Leo. He is on the main illustration of the game, too.

Finally Rupika also makes her apperance - the few extra special characters of Seat of the Heart also play a big part in the adventure. (the default Ramarl, Racast, Sue, Kireek, Bernie and Ash. I suppose Montague and Rupika will also be there, but I don't think Elenor will come. That leaves one spot for the default Hucaseal (never seen her), Alicia Baz (dunno if she'll be involved) and the default Fomar (never seen him either).

I'd order the game, but Amazon Japan doesn't ship it outside of Japan....
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

oh cool so my speculations from the beta and what i retrieve could be right! XD

More Speculation
    Maybe Leo has found a way to harness the energy of the meteorite which struck Ragol which has made him powerful or something... but in the meantime become blindsided and evil.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-02-08 21:40 ]</font>

On 2005-02-08 21:28, Saffran wrote:
    Spoilers?

Do not read further if you don't want to know

Well, from what I've played on Beta, the set of quests were called "... Leo Graham" (don't remember the first part) so yes, the last boss in there is going to be Leo. He is on the main illustration of the game, too.
    SWEET. I so badly want to see that.

And Nites, what you just said reminded me of Majora's Mask, I wonder if the government will let him get away with it since ... well, if we can, turn him back to good?

By the way, Track09 doesn't seem like it has enough energy in it... not really until the middle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-02-08 23:31 ]</font>

The quests on the Beta didn't really have a story.

Hmm, the Beta had five 'new' tracks:

slbgm wilds
    slbgm crater
    slbgm desert
    slbgm boss09
    test bgm

The six area tracks on the CD are probably just partioned extensions of the three area tracks - Much like if you go to the sound test in Ep1&2 and listen to the temple music, it's partioned into 'A longing to ancient times part 1' and 'A longing to ancient times part 2', but if you listen to slbgm ruin from the ogg directory on BB, it's one track that contains both parts, with all possible transitions between them in the middle and at the end. Same thing seems to be the case with the EpIV .oggs... They get really repetitive around the middle, and then change to something else(Though, they seem to have the 'peaceful' and 'battle' music switched from the usual order)... They're also all longer than any of the singular tracks for them on that CD, it seems.

Hmm, the boss track seems to be the same track throughout, and is also less than half the length of any of the others except test bgm.

No clue whatsoever as to testbgm. If it's the other part of the boss music, it's one hell of a jarring transition. Maybe a different area/just something that was thrown away? Though if it's a different area, it makes no sense whatsoever to not include the music for it on the soundtrack... But it IS ST we're talking about.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Hmm.. About the plot, WORKS was sort of the government's official army or something like that, right?
    I'd love to hear these new BGMs, and I wonder if the new plot will be any good.

which out of possibility may spur Montague's interest and Sue's involvement. Again this is speculation heh...
    Funny, you mention the FOnewm, and almost literally quote him in the sentence after that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2005-02-09 04:10 ]</font>

I still say SEGA decided to change the FOmar look when they created CALs.

Anyway...actually for me its the wilds area music that's really got me. I've still got the beta track on loop when I go to sleep every now and then. As for Leo...its possible that we'll see more hunter vs soldier than hunter vs monster once we get into the underground area.

well i said 7 new tracks because part 1 and part 2 combined for each map and then 1 boss track.. i wasnt sure what the test bgm was for anyways...

Funny, you mention the FOnewm, and almost literally quote him in the sentence after that.
    Glad you noticed ;D

I guess track 9 is based on its ability to convey emotion in it. But yes i see what you mean by how it lacks energy at some part but its not too noticable.

However now that we get more info on WORKS and Montague, maybe this episode IV plot gives us more info why they didn't appear in the episode III plotline.

What I hope is that the boss is challenging and really innovative.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-02-09 07:34 ]</font>