This is a problem I've seen lots of other people having but that I've never seen resolved.

I can access pages through the in game browser but I when I go to actually play online, it just stays at the lobby screen till I disconnect.

Here's all the important stuff:
    US
    Windows 2000
    BBA
    Bellsouth DSL
    Westell ethernet modem
    Linksys router
    PC connected to the router with standard cat5e cable, Gamecube connected to PC with a crossover cable. I'm using ICS.

As best I can tell neither the Modem or Router are blocking any of the required ports, trying to force port forwarding didn't help any.

I get the same problem whether I use ICS or hook the gamecube directly to the router.

The router recognizes the gamecube and assigned it an IP address.

I'm using a router because I'm sharing the internet connection with 3 other people. I've never had connection problems with my PC.

Trying to use PPPoE instead DCHP doesn't work.

I'm just about out of ideas. After seeing the other threads I doubt anyone here can do much, but asking can't hurt.

I got bellsouth working on mine, but I'm still not sure what the deal is with it.. I've got my westell modem hooked to my computer with usb - it refused to work with cat5... and a crossover cable going from my computer to my gamecube. I'm using ICS to connect. It works fine on this computer, but will NOT work on any other computer that I tried. I really wish that I could help you more, but I really don't know what to tell you..

Well, best of luck to you, I hope you can get it working =)

Oh, and don't bother calling tech support - they're no help at all =) I called sega, nintendo, and bellsouth and nobody had any answers =/

Bump from beyond the grave!

Legendary

have you tried registering the MAC address on the BBA with your ISP? they may not know what a BBA is, let alone a gamecube, so tell them that you have another P.C, or a new ethernet card, and you need to register its MAC address.
    the MAC address can be found on a sticker on your gamecube BBA near the barcode.

Bellsouth does not require registration of MAC addy for my connection type.

I FIXED IT!!!!

I realized both the Westell and Router were acting as DHCP servers. I thought this was stupid so I set the modem to bridged ethernet and set the router to handle the DHCP and PPPoE. Appearantly it was a PPPoE issue and now that the router is handling it directly, everything works fine!

Perhaps you should add to the FAQ since I've seen this problem a lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darkmage13 on 2004-03-30 21:56 ]</font>

Cool, Nice work and thanx for letting us know. I'm sure it will come in handy in the future

Hey, maybe you can help me. I have the BBA plugged with the crossover cable to my router (3com 812). I've tried everything but no matter what I try, i can't reach the ship selection screen. I only see my Hunter License's remaining time and nothing more.

Also, when i use the automatic IP setup the game give me Error #102. I have to use the manual setup.

On 2004-04-21 15:41, z3r0h wrote:
    Hey, maybe you can help me. I have the BBA plugged with the crossover cable to my router (3com 812). I've tried everything but no matter what I try, i can't reach the ship selection screen. I only see my Hunter License's remaining time and nothing more.

Also, when i use the automatic IP setup the game give me Error #102. I have to use the manual setup.
    You don't use a crossover cable with a router. You use a normal cable.

Using a non-crossover ethernet cable...
    Again, no ship selection window for me. I wanna die...