Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

I did a comparison of the data files of the 2003 Halloween quest with the 2002 Halloween quest, and found that they are different. I don't know *what* is different yet; I only know that they are.

I will take a look at the quest program later to see if there is anything interesting.

Has anyone here seen anything different?

-- Barubary

Yes, I noticed this last night. I remember last year that the kind of cake you got was tied to what section ID one had. Last night, a few friends and I did some tests and we each got the same cake from the last run, and we all had different section IDs than the previous.

The two characters I tested were on different memory cards, and I got the same cake from the quest.

Although I did not do much testing, I came to the conclusion that the kind of cake you get comes from your HL or Serial Code somehow.. but I may be wrong, just a bit of a farfetched hypothesis.

Hope this helps any.

-- Kuj

EDIT : Typos..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kujin on 2003-10-21 16:54 ]</font>

that's right, last year it was based on section id's. which is why our guide said so originally and then i got slammed by emails saying psow guides suck. okay well then don't look at them? one fo these days it's gonna annoy me enough to not do guides or content anymore.

also there is something different between xbox and gc but i am still trying to figure out exactly what.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-10-21 17:13 ]</font>

Is the XBOX version based on Section IDs? I don't have an XBOX so I have no information about it. But that is just a guess because XBOX didn't have the quest last year, so maybe a possibility? Or maybe because your HL and Serial Number is different from XBOX and GC, you get a different cake between the two consoles?

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention earlier.. On the second run of the quest last night, all of the Hallo Rappies that appear in the quest were all Love Rappies. It was very strange, a friend of mine that was on the team took pics, he'll probably send me some of them later tonight.

Has anybody else seen Love Rappy replace all of the Hallo Rappies in this quest?

I know nothing about looking at the quest's "data files." My theory about Serial Numbers and HL sounds correct it seems though. Any comments on this?

i suspect that on xbox it might be a different cake each time you play, but i'm not sure. can someone help confirm this?

about hallo rappies appearing as love rappies, it's also been reported on some japanese boards.

I'm starting to wonder if the prize for this quest is the same as last year; as it seems more difficult to get 8 different cakes on your own. Anyone out there beat this yet? I just need 2 more cakes..

All the rappies my team saw last night were love rappies. GameCube, US.

On 2003-10-21 17:48, RadHaz wrote:
    All the rappies my team saw last night were love rappies. GameCube, US.
    Make sure you play on a server whose lobbies are in Halloween mode. For whatever reason, the Antares and Deneb ships keep resetting themselves to normal mode.

-- Barubary

Oh, that's right, we ran off to a JP ship. (;

They were love rappies for me, I played tonight, and it was in Jungle... I heard you can get different stages, is this true?

Oh, and BTW: DONT EVER STOP MAKING GUIDES!!! PSOW was down on my computer for awhile, and I was searching for a halloween guide, and had to go to PSOQuest, and they don't even have one for TTF and Gallons Treachary yet! Its horible!! PSOW is the one I'm sticking with.