Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Well, I figure with the advent of level 31 TECHNICs, it'd be nice to have a little center of sorts where people can share their methods to level TECHNICs, what weapons they use, what level/rank to play, etc.

So I'll start us off with a little bit of information...anyone feel free to add whatever you like to do and I'll update this as new methods are posted, or I become aware of a new technique.

General Tips for TECHNIC Leveling
    If you're a Fortetecher, try switching to a class with lower TP to level your TECHNICs. TP modifiers (for classes that can use TECHNICs) go in the hierarchy of Fortetecher > Acrotecher > Force > Wartecher > Guntecher (note that this may be different for you, I am assuming that you have Force and Fortetecher maxed, and War/Gun/Acrotecher at 1). This will allow for more hits per run/enemy, which leads to more experience. Not to mention that you'll most likely be gaining a great deal of DFP by switching from Fortetecher, and damage immunity is extremely beneficial while TECHNIC leveling.

Use 1* weapons. Madoogs are your most viable option for TECHNIC leveling due to having the lowest TP of the three casting weapons, but the second highest PP. But Rods have so much PP, why shouldn't we use them? Well...because Rods are only usable by Forces and Fortetechers, which have much higher TP modifiers than any class which is capable of using Wands or Madoogs. Wearing a / Quick unit will also help, as it will not only make you cast significantly faster, but it will also lower your TP and allow for more hits.

Level on same element enemies. If you're leveling Zonde TECHNICs, fight Lightning enemies, etc etc...not much else to explain there.

If you find yourself doing too much damage or have leveled up all of the classes to the point that their TP modifier isn't significantly lower than your main class, don't forget that you can give your Photon Arts to a character with lower TP. The hierarchy of race TP is Newman > Human > Beast > CAST and the gender hierarchy is just Female > Male.

Method #1
    Most useful for - Megid, Nosmegid, Ramegid, Megiverse.

Step 1: Grab a high % Dark armor, and if you can get your hands on a Mega / Rainbow or Tero / Rainbow, throw that in there.

Step 2: Go to Linear Line A.

Step 3: Kill kill kill.

This may seem a little bare bones, but that's really all there is to it. If you noticed I left out Dammegid, yes that was intentional. It is entirely plausible to level Dammegid here, but the creatures move around quite a bit and it can be a bit of a hassle. Megiverse's 360 degree range takes care of the moving problem however, so I'd highly recommend leveling that here.

Megid...if you're going to power level this one, be prepared to set a day aside for it or something. It's not going to be easy, and is arguably the slowest leveling TECHNIC next to Zonde/Barta. All I can suggest is lining the creatures up and firing away.

As for Nosmegid, just stand back in a corner and fire it, wait for the monsters to come to you. When they reach you, run to the opposite side and repeat ad infinitum.

Map variations on this one can either make or break your leveling spree. My general rule was to quit once I saw Sendillans, although there is a map that starts off in the stomach shaped room (with the crystal in the center), then leads to an open area with 5 Pannon. Once you kill them, Sendillan appear, but they are entirely skippable. Just walk past them and go through the door up ahead. This is possibly the best map for TECHNIC leveling of this sort, as the mobs of Sendillan are skippable until the very end. You can also bring a separate weapon to kill them with if you would like, but most of the time it is just easier to abandon and restart the mission.

Method #2
    Most useful for - Jellen, Zalure, Zoldeel.

Step 1: High % Dark armor, Rainbow unit, etc.

Step 2: Go to Unsafe Passage C.

Step 3: Abandon the mission until you can get the map variation which starts in the stomach shaped room, then leads to the Linear Line "tracks".

Step 4. Use repeatedly on the spawn of Pannon.

Step 5. Use Recharge Cube when all weapons are drained and repeat.

I would recommend you stay a Fortetecher for this job so you can get the PP reduction on your casts. Other than that, not much to note here...alternatively, you can go to Lab Recovery C until you get the map with the enormous horde of Volfu. To my knowledge, the maximum amount of targets a debuff can hit is 6, but if they can hit more...then that would be much more beneficial.

Method #3
    Most useful for - Shifta, Deband, Retier, Zodial, Giresta.

Step 1: Grab as many friends as possible. Just try to get a full party, NPCs are fine substitutes as well.

Step 2: Go to any mission that has a Recharge Cube in the middle of it, such as Valley of Carnage or Mad Creatures (Sleeping Warriors has two Recharge Cubes, but the VoC and MC are easier to reach).

Step 3: Cast over and over, recharge and repeat.

Ah yes, the infamous "buff circle". There's really nothing to note here, other than that it may just be best to stay Fortetecher so you can get the PP reduction on your casts.

Method #4
    Most useful for - Any attack TECHNIC

Step 1: Go to Plains Overlord S2.

Step 2: Find the safe spots and fire away.

This isn't my favorite strategy...but some people prefer it. Many like to find the map with the Leader/King Vahra which heals, and spam TECHNICs repeatedly there, but it is a bit of a hassle to get that far in to the mission, and with just about every TECHNIC having some form of stutter in the near future, it won't work in any way. There is an exception to this, in that you can use Ra- TECHNICs on three Vahra while the fourth (Leader/King) is healing them. But again, it takes quite a bit of time to get to that spawn, and I don't know the exact map variation you need to get it.

Method #5
    Most useful for - Reverser, Resta

Step 1: Grab as many people as possible.

Step 2: Go to Crimson Beast or Eastern Peril.

Step 3: Get to the room with the poison "mist" on Crimson Beast, or the area with poision traps on Eastern Peril.

Step 4: Cast Reverser or Resta ad infinitum.

Pretty simple method...I'm sure there's more places with those traps, but those are just the two I can think of off the top of my head. You shouldn't really need to power level Resta, but I included it in this method for those who may have switched to a -techer class late in their levels, and may not want to run around with a level 3 Resta in an S2 mission. =p

Method #6
    Most useful for - Regrant

Step 1: Grab a high % Light armor, Rainbow unit, etc etc.

Step 2: Go to Agata Relics on S or S2.

Step 3: Kill kill kill.

Luckily, Regrant is the fastest leveling TECHNIC, so you won't have to do this too long. Anyways, the reason I suggest the Relics is because they have many corners which you can knock monsters into, and if your MST is high enough, you'll be immune to the projectile attack they have. Abandon if you get Ollaka, or get to a point in the map with a Kamatoze or Tengohg that is not skippable. Just knock the Ageeta/Olgohmon in to a corner and spam the spell.

It is not entirely necessary, but you can use a 12% Light Rod if you switch back to Fortetecher...this way, you'll have much more PP and be able to cast the spell even longer/more times.

Method #7 - Courtesy of Cherry

Clicky clicky.

A very useful way to level any of the attack TECHNICs, and with the addition of stutter to the whole Dam- series of TECHNICs, it will be made even better. It is possible, and may be even more beneficial to mix this with method #6. The Ageeta are TECHNIC resistant, which means you'll be able to get more hits, and are to my knowledge much weaker...which means it will be easier to cancel out their damage. Plus, the long hall variation with Ageeta at the start seems a bit more common than the Sleeping Warriors Badira one.

Method #8 - Courtesy of Soukosa
    Most useful for - Ra- TECHNICS, Nosmegid, Noszonde, Barta, Zonde

Step 1: Go to Scarred Planet on S.

Step 2: Look for the map variation that starts you in a room with stairs to the left.

Step 3: Kill the Go Bajilla, go up the stairs.

Step 4: If you have anything other than Vahra, abandon/go back to step 1. If you have Vahra, continue on.

Step 5: Run past the Vahra to the area with rubble, 3 boxes and 4 little patches of grass. Use your goggles and break the breakable piece of rubble.

Step 6: Either get the Vahra behind the newly opened area, or run in to it yourself. Just do it in such a way that the Vahra are continuously running at you.

This method is fantastic for leveling the TECHNICS I mentioned, as the leader/king will continuously heal the rest of the group. It's very easy to set up and the same spawn can last you hours...if you run out of PP, I found it best to just let the Vahra kill you, wait for them to reset to their default spawn positions, then leave the map and re-enter after charging. When leveling there, make sure that you hit 3 normal Vahra...what I did to get around this was wait for the leader to call everyone back/heal at a farther point, run to the safe spot, then attack 3 that had followed me. If you hit them once, the TECHNIC will choose those same 3 targets every time, so you don't have to worry about hitting the leader out of healing.

The only problem you may encounter with leveling here is that Rafoie's burn may kill things if you don't keep an eye on their health, and Ramegid may cause the Vahra to run away/attack one another. If you cast fast enough, the Vahra won't really be able to move though, so the Ramegid problem is...fixable. But for Rafoie you're just going to have to stop casting every once in a while.

Method #9

Step 1: Equip 1 Rod/Wand/Madoog with the spell you want to level.

Step 2: Play Sleeping Warriors S2.

Surprisingly, just playing with one TECHNIC levels it at a rather fast pace. Due to Sleeping Warriors' frequent large spawns, you will be hitting many targets, even with Megid/Barta/Zonde. I'd recommend bringing a strong weapon/TECHNIC to kill the Polavohra though, or to abandon when you get some if you are playing on a class you do not have leveled/any sufficient means of killing Polavohra fast.

Method #10

Most useful for - Gi- TECHNICS, Megiverse

Step 1: Get a good Ice armor.

Step 2: Go to Forest Infiltration S2.

Step 3: Kill the beginning spawn of 5 Ageeta, abandon and repeat.

This method may not have as many targets as Cherry's SW method, but I haven't got a map without the 5 Ageeta yet, and due to their TECHNIC resistance, they last a bit longer than the Badira (despite being lower levels). You may have difficulty doing this with lower level Gi- TECHNICS, or Megiverse in general if the Ageeta are hopping around/not cooperating...but it works great in the higher levels.

Well...that's all I can think of right now. Anyone who'd be willing to add to this, feel free to post whatever method you prefer. Hope this helped some of you out there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2008-01-13 23:28 ]</font>

Thanks thanks for putting this together! I use some of these technics already, but some I would love to give a spot (Like the Plains Overlord one I been hearing about so much.

Once you get Illuminus, the first Rozenom mission has a spawn with Go Vahras in the first block and some rubble around some flower garden things. You break the breakable rubble and get them stuck back behind the other rubble and go to town. The mob has a leader so it'll constantly heal them. It's a popular trick on the JP version these days. You can also get yourself stuck behind the laser fence there if you want, but you're kinda SOL when you run out of PP.

Also with Illuminus, you gain the benefit of being able to move techs between characters. So if you're a newman FT, you can make a cast to level the techs on with the lowest possible damage. Madoogs also have lower attack, more PP, and slightly faster cast so they make for a good tech leveling tool over wands as well.

On 2007-11-11 11:41, Umberger wrote:
    [...]Madoogs will be your best option once AotI hits, due to having the lowest TP of the three casting weapons, but the second highest PP[...]
    ;p

But thanks a bunch for those other tips...I'll be sure to add those to the original post as soon as AotI comes out.

also as it's a good idea now to switch to WT now for the lower TP to level techs, once the AoI update kicks in it might be a good idea to go GT to level attack techs to 20. GT + quick unit = super low TP and easy leveling on linear line.
    also as disks can be swapped between characters, it might be a good idea to level techs on a beast with high def and low TP, then switch the leveled techs to your newman character.

dam- techs can be afk leveled on mad creatures S by possitioning your character to the left of the tree with the go vahra to the north of it. and my suggestion for leveling debuffs is the cube with 4 polties later on in the same map on C. You can debuff four enemies with out having to enter and exit a mission. leveling a debuff that way takes about 2.5 hours from 1 to 21.

The thing about switching to WT and GT is noted at the very start. =p

I'll be sure to post the TECHNIC caps and update the positions on the TP chart when we get the update on the 16th. Same goes for using a CAST or Beast (I guess Human would work, but not quite as significant) to level things.

Come to think of it...I'll just do one semi-large update on the 16th, but again, thank you for posting all.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Good little guide, nothing I didn't know but it's a good reference for those who need it. Very nice of you to include it in your sig as well. Hope this helps new people out.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

My favorite spot to level debuffs is block 2 of Eastern Peril C. I retry until I get the map with a big mob (5 or 6) of ageetas at the beginning of the map where the cube is. The ageetas will swarm you, so there's no chasing. Then the cube is right there for easy charging ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kevington on 2007-11-14 16:30 ]</font>

i like to move it move it

Oh hey! For certain TECH's, go to the story mission, Rescuing Hyuga (Chpt. 5 or 6) Act 1.

You start on the train and have to kill Robots and Robo-bees. 100 of them. They are all electric and susceptible to earth TECH's particular, and any TECH's in general. They spawn very close together and you don't need to run around much, just kill kill kill.

There is a charge cube right up by the guardian's counter, so you don't need to run far to recharge. Also, skip the cutscenes and abandon after you kill the 100th monster. Online-story mission have weird quirks to them, as in all technics/bullets/attacks cause monster stagger or flinch, so dam-foie and -megid will keep them away from you. Do as Cherry recommends and load up on low rank wands and what not and GO BANANAS! You can fight lvl 10~(C rank), lvl 25~(B rank), and lvl 35~(A rank) monsters.

I wonder how many other people have found this mission... It's more effective, for me, than Linear Line because there is very little running around, just wave after wave. Also, get some good armor that protects you from the element of Robo-explosions, I think fire, because that will ruin your mood. Getting punted around, that is.

On 2007-11-15 09:22, danny_o wrote:
    Oh hey! For certain TECH's, go to the story mission, Rescuing Hyuga (Chpt. 5 or 6) Act 1.

You start on the train and have to kill Robots and Robo-bees. 100 of them. They are all electric and susceptible to earth TECH's particular, and any TECH's in general. They spawn very close together and you don't need to run around much, just kill kill kill.

There is a charge cube right up by the guardian's counter, so you don't need to run far to recharge. Also, skip the cutscenes and abandon after you kill the 100th monster. Online-story mission have weird quirks to them, as in all technics/bullets/attacks cause monster stagger or flinch, so dam-foie and -megid will keep them away from you. Do as Cherry recommends and load up on low rank wands and what not and GO BANANAS! You can fight lvl 10~(C rank), lvl 25~(B rank), and lvl 35~(A rank) monsters.

I wonder how many other people have found this mission... It's more effective, for me, than Linear Line because there is very little running around, just wave after wave. Also, get some good armor that protects you from the element of Robo-explosions, I think fire, because that will ruin your mood. Getting punted around, that is.
    Oh wow! I never thought about that! I will try that out right now! Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Doh...forgot I'm not that far yet. Well I guess since I am feeling better, I can use this as an excuse to jump start working on my guide again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-11-15 09:31 ]</font>