PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Epically Leet
Nov 21, 2009, 04:55 PM
but i hate being corrected.
Thank you very much.

I don't.

That way, I'll learn.

Anyway, 4channers. My God, 4channers...

Delete
Nov 21, 2009, 06:12 PM
No one playing Guitar Hero 5 lol. I just got it and I can't find anyone online to play with :o

Epically Leet
Nov 23, 2009, 07:40 AM
Another thing that pisses me off:

Noobs in PSZ that don't realize you need to go away from & then return to a gate if you pressed B while waiting for all party members to come. It especially pisses me off if they keep going "Follow me!" just like YOU are the one doing something wrong. One of the reasons I dislike Free Play.

Yesterday, I bumped into a level 100 character who did it. :(

Delete
Nov 23, 2009, 05:58 PM
Not being able to get on PSO WORLD lately.

SStrikerR
Nov 23, 2009, 11:35 PM
I hate getting assigned a lots of work, all due on the same day. Which, coincidentally, is the day I have 3 tests. Oh, and regular homework assignments too.

2 projects
2 regular assignments
3 tests to study for.

I started the first project at 7.
I'm not done.
Kill me.

BIG OLAF
Nov 23, 2009, 11:37 PM
2 projects
2 regular assignments
3 tests to study for.

I started the first project at 7.
I'm not done.
Kill me.

Wait, like....you're still not done the first project? Is all that shit due tomorrow?

SStrikerR
Nov 24, 2009, 12:20 AM
Wait, like....you're still not done the first project? Is all that shit due tomorrow?

Yes, I was referring to the first project. Yes it's all due tomorrow. Yes I procrastinate a lot. Yes I'm probably fucked.

Oh well, wikispaces project here I come. I doubt we have any experts on somalia here...?

Zero Revenge
Nov 24, 2009, 12:48 AM
Somalia?

Make fun of Pirates
Make fun of Islamic Terrorists

Profit.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 24, 2009, 11:35 AM
People who ask me "Hey why DO you wear dress pants and dress shirts all the time?". Are they jealous of my fashion sense? Does it make look intimidating? It shouldn't. I wear it because its probably the single most comfortable thing I've ever wore. Hell, even kashmire(sp?) isn't that comfortable compared to this. Yea, I'm startin to get my like my English mate who has INCREDIBLY expensive tastes (Versaci and various other $500 clothes anyone) and I'm starting to see why. Just don't get me liquored. Because I'll make being drunk look good.

Epically Leet
Nov 24, 2009, 11:40 AM
People who assume others are jealous of their so-called "fashion sense" because they don't approve of it pisses me off.

:P

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 24, 2009, 11:42 AM
But it makes me feel so damn good! Also you'd be surprised how many people think I'm the owner/manager. Oh and one more to the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmQm_PySHCk

This is NOT satanic music. I tell everyone it's a boss fight from a game called Bayonetta. I like it because it's very angelic and epic.

Epically Leet
Nov 24, 2009, 11:44 AM
...Who the FUCK thinks any kind of music like that is Satanic? Seriously?

Didn't think epic and beautiful equals Satanic.

Zarode
Nov 24, 2009, 05:35 PM
Sounds like something out of Devil May Cry. :T

Which is fine by me.

People piss me off when they are scared of stupid things, like music.

AC9breaker
Nov 24, 2009, 11:27 PM
You know whats been pissing me off lately? Versus mode in Left 4 dead 2. People quitting when my team spanks them. Especially cause I always stay when I get shitty team mates.

DreXxiN
Nov 25, 2009, 03:38 AM
You know whats been pissing me off lately? Versus mode in Left 4 dead 2. People quitting when my team spanks them. Especially cause I always stay when I get shitty team mates.

Partially why I lost interest in L4D1.

Outrider
Nov 25, 2009, 02:14 PM
Let's face it - that happens in pretty much any multiplayer game.

Two thumbs up for sticking with a crappy team, though. Finding players like that has become rarer and rarer these days.

(Heck, I remember playing MGS3 online and actually suggesting that we rebalance the team because it was too easy to beat the other team. That didn't go over well.)

Mike
Nov 26, 2009, 02:52 AM
Gamers who launch the entire "What is Elite" threads in every possible forumboards to every possible game and fail to think outside the box beyond their self-centered egotistical acclimated attitude.
What is elite? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk. Have at you!

Zarode
Nov 26, 2009, 06:01 AM
What is elite? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk. Have at you!

:disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: Hydro Storm!!! :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove:

Know what pisses me off? Having nightmares that make no sense, but are "scary." The hell, brain, I deal with this sort of shit on a daily basis its not scary. :argh:

BIG OLAF
Nov 26, 2009, 09:41 AM
Here's what pisses me off:

People that have their Christmas Trees/decorations up before Thanksgiving is even here (my neighbors). Fucking morons.

Volcompat321
Nov 26, 2009, 09:55 AM
Here's what pisses me off:

People that have their Christmas Trees/decorations up before Thanksgiving is even here (my neighbors). Fucking morons.

I don't mind it too much.
Something about the lights I just love to look at.
The things people create can be amazing, so it probably takes a lot of preparation.
Unless your neighbors have just lame stuff up lol.

Leviathan
Nov 26, 2009, 03:48 PM
I hate having to wait for the pie to bake.

Totally worth it though. :wacko:

Epically Leet
Nov 26, 2009, 03:55 PM
I love pie! What kind?

Leviathan
Nov 26, 2009, 04:27 PM
Dutch Apple. :wacko:

Otherwise known as the one with crumbles on top.

Epically Leet
Nov 26, 2009, 04:50 PM
A...apple pie? MAH FAVORITE!

Does the "crumbles" consist of butter and flour?

Rust
Nov 26, 2009, 05:29 PM
People who join or propose stuff that requires at least a bit of organization like if this was magically setting up by itself.

Example #1: We're planning a trip to a foreign country next summer with friends, and asked around to see who is going to be interested so we can already start to plan who will be available at what time, where to stay while over there, what's everybody's budget, etc. Most of the persons we asked replied stuff like "Yeah, why not." or "That would be nice." as if we were proposing them to go to movies next week.

Example #2: A friend showed up and said she wanted to go to an amusement park quite far from our location, with only a couple persons among us having a driving license, half the people having jobs during weeks, and the other half during weekends. She determined two of us would be driving them there, didn't even give a day for when to go there, and left us with that. Tonight, she showed up again asking again who was going to the park with her without giving any more information than the first time, then left again. Because, yeah, it's as easy as going to eat a burger at your local fastfood, right?

Epically Leet
Nov 26, 2009, 05:59 PM
Does my name piss anyone off?

It makes me appear so... I don't know.

Leviathan
Nov 26, 2009, 08:48 PM
A...apple pie? MAH FAVORITE!

Does the "crumbles" consist of butter and flour?

And sugar.

Epically Leet
Nov 26, 2009, 08:54 PM
Ooh... Soooo tasty.

Gotta get ingredients and make it tomorrow. Huzzah!

BlaizeYES
Nov 27, 2009, 01:07 PM
lol 50 pages thinking about what pisses you off. that seems like it'd be bad for you

Volcompat321
Nov 27, 2009, 09:31 PM
lol 50 pages thinking about what pisses you off. that seems like it'd be bad for you

I think it's a good thing.
Better have 50 pages of "I hate this and that" than 500 dead people because you did what piss us off, right?

AC9breaker
Nov 27, 2009, 11:01 PM

The same thing could be said about all elites!

Volcompat321
Nov 28, 2009, 12:22 AM
Zune is pissing me off!
This new firmware is ridiculous!
Apparently I have to delete EVERYTHING off my Zune in order to clear the cache or some shit.
"Reserved space 5.2GB" when I have reserved space to 0%.....Ahhhhhhhhh UGH!

Epically Leet
Nov 28, 2009, 10:08 AM
It's pissing me off that the latest version of Colors! (DS) (http://www.collectingsmiles.com/colors) won't fucking work for me. I have to make do with an inferior, older version that only allows 2x zoom and doesn't have the "send (bigger version of) picture via email". Damn it. Stupid R4.

Well, I'm glad I at least have some version of it. But I could kill for better zoom, and to be able to send the image directly to my email (instead of having to go through the fuzz of removing the MicroSD card and inserting it into the computer, because that's so difficult). Don't care THAT much about getting a bigger version of images, though.

As a side note, Colors! is fantastic. It makes the DS a cheap yet powerful, portable tablet. Fantastic.

EDIT: Thought of another thing... The fact that so many on here keeps posting duplicate threads. >_>;

Kylie
Nov 29, 2009, 12:30 AM
If you give our relationship a chance, I'm sure it would work out just fine! :-POh, my heart is too fragile. I've seen your type before.

Volcompat321
Nov 29, 2009, 01:26 AM
Type?
I guarantee you've never seen a man like me.
I have a special case for fragile hearts.

Vanzazikon
Nov 29, 2009, 03:56 AM
The only bullshit I can share is I can't sleep. <_>

Delete
Nov 29, 2009, 07:03 AM
Playing Call Of Duty MW 2 on Veteran Difficulty. Need I explain?

BIG OLAF
Nov 29, 2009, 09:07 AM
Colors! (DS) (http://www.collectingsmiles.com/colors)

I wish I could draw like that on the computer. It's amazing to watch people go from a blank canvas into those astounding pictures, though seeing Nassandra's mouth drinking some sort of unidentified green liquid at the top of the page is unsettling, at least.

Epically Leet
Nov 29, 2009, 03:07 PM
Best part: The drawings you make within the actual program gets saved into some sort of video format that allows you to play back every brush stroke made, without any delay... Well, exactly what you see on there. It's awesome to not have to tinker with any video recording gear... and if it takes a week between two brush strokes, it appears as no time at all have past. :)

It also gets saved as a picture format, of course. But it's fun to watch the process of yourself drawing -- seeing how your image went from nothing to something awesome. If you now manage to do something awesome in the first place.

Randomness
Nov 29, 2009, 04:12 PM
Mandatory politics is stupid here. Apparently there was an attempt to filibuster a motion to begin debate on the senate health care bill last week (Judging by the vote of cloture to begin debate). Um... what the hell? You complain about a bill, and instead of trying to do something constructive, you just try to prevent anyone from even talking about it?

Gunslinger-08
Nov 29, 2009, 04:30 PM
Mandatory politics is stupid here. Apparently there was an attempt to filibuster a motion to begin debate on the senate health care bill last week (Judging by the vote of cloture to begin debate). Um... what the hell? You complain about a bill, and instead of trying to do something constructive, you just try to prevent anyone from even talking about it?

This and politics in general.

BIG OLAF
Nov 29, 2009, 06:36 PM
What pisses me off, as of right now:

Everything. I fucking can't stand anything anymore. It's all pointless. Life's a giant shitstorm, and anyone who says they're happy is a complete liar. Fuck this. All of it.

I should have fucking done it when I had the chance, but it's too late now.

DreXxiN
Nov 29, 2009, 07:07 PM

Everything. I fucking can't stand anything anymore. It's all pointless. Life's a giant shitstorm, and anyone who says they're happy is a complete liar. Fuck this. All of it.

Are you the same guy that claimed he hated thanksgiving because there was too much food to eat?

Rust
Nov 29, 2009, 07:08 PM
anyone who says they're happy is a complete liar.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KHq_qK5fCew/R4R_kcO5ZJI/AAAAAAAAALI/wkk3To6oOo0/s400/droopy_happy.jpg

BIG OLAF
Nov 29, 2009, 07:13 PM
Are you the same guy that claimed he hated thanksgiving because there was too much food to eat?

That wasn't what I said. What I was trying to say in that Thanksgiving post was that I hated the sick feeling that said food induces after ingesting too much. Anyway, that really has no point here. I'm not going to explain myself. I just came into the thread "What Pisses You Off?", to simply put down my intended answer at the given point in time. That is all. I was/am letting off some steam, as per the point of this topic. No need to nitpick and over-analyze.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 29, 2009, 07:32 PM
The fact that I want some sleep yet I can't for some unknown reason. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Also I'm hungry. Craving some fried chicken HARD.

DreXxiN
Nov 29, 2009, 08:06 PM
I know what he means, too. It's 9:30, and I already have a horrible stomach ache just thinking about the ungodly amount of food I'm going to ingest later on today. I hate Thanksgiving.

Oh, alright dude.

Sya, I'm in the same boat, except I actually have fried chicken right now. >_>

Leviathan
Nov 29, 2009, 11:18 PM
Currently raging now that I was planning on buying an mp3 player for my little brother for

Christmas when he ran into the room and saw what I was looking at.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855102055

Guess who is getting NOTHING for Christmas.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 30, 2009, 12:57 AM
You know who pisses me off more than anything? My best friend's buddy "Dee" aka "Cow Tits". God do I hate he SOOOOO GODDAMN MUCH. Not only is she pompous, stuck up, spoiled bitch but she is a rich, pompous, stuck-up, spoiled bitch! Oh and she uses her religion "Wica" to try to gain sympathy for random crap NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT. Yea she claims that "I" (that would be me) killed innocent witches back during the "Burning Times" and that I've been brought back to reap what I sow. Basically I'm supposed to get punished or some off the wall crap. I swear, if she tries to make me look like a moron one more time I swear. It will be death by midnight and there will be a showdown. Oh yea. And it will be glorious.

Kent
Nov 30, 2009, 01:40 AM
On that note: Blatantly racist people who accuse me of wrongdoings because of my skin color.

No, I didn't enslave anyone.

No, I didn't steal anyone's land.

No, I didn't rape and pillage my way through your towns.

I understand if you're randomly upset about things that never happened in your lifetime and may have inconvenienced your ancestors greatly. I'm not saying it was right, because it certainly wasn't - but I didn't do it. You have no right or reason to throw the blame on me.

Just because people identify someone as "white" (regardless of what they may actually be) doesn't mean that persecuting them because of that perception isn't racism, and it also doesn't mean that it's justified for anyone to do so.

Volcompat321
Nov 30, 2009, 01:49 AM
I agree with you Kent.
90% of the girls I went out with/ the one I'm going out with haven't been white.

Even though I go out with darker(whether it be Hispanic, Caucasian, Brown, or anything) I still get the "Your people killed my people back in the day". (or something along those lines).

Honestly, I don't care what happened when I wasn't alive, or something I didn't have any affect to.

Get off my dick betch, it's not my fault I'm white. :o

Also, what pisses me off; Cigarettes.
Not that I think it's a horrible life choice or anything, I mean smoke all you want.
Even smoking near me doesn't bother me. (I'd like to not be near it, but I don't mind either way).
What pisses me off about it is the stench on someone after they smoke.
I see beautiful girls buy cigarettes all the time when I go to the store, and it just turns me off how bad and how strong the scent is after someone smokes.

Someone needs to invent a cig that emits a good scent while being smoked or something.

Mike
Nov 30, 2009, 01:49 AM

Cheer up, Big Olaf. You know what they say.
Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a wistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And...

Epically Leet
Nov 30, 2009, 03:12 AM
What pisses me off... People who throw about spoilers without a warning.

Was on DeviantArt the other day, searched for Phantasy Star IV fanart. Spoilers ensued... :( (No, I haven't beaten that game yet. Crazy, huh?)

Zarode
Nov 30, 2009, 04:53 AM
I stop minding spoilers on games about three weeks after the game is out. Unless I really really want to play it or something.

The holidays are starting to piss off me, my best friend, and the store we work at, plus our co-workers. Son of a bitch, fuck you selfish people. Like Cockroaches out of the woodwork.

Epically Leet
Nov 30, 2009, 04:57 AM
I stop minding spoilers on games about three weeks after the game is out. Unless I really really want to play it or something.

Obviously...

But if it's a game with rather big focus on the story -- like PSIV -- it really sucks to have it spoiled. I had planned on having this as my first-ever beaten (pure-)RPG, too. Now it just isn't as fun. :(

Zarode
Nov 30, 2009, 05:02 AM
What was spoiled, exactly?

Epically Leet
Nov 30, 2009, 05:08 AM
The death of Alys. Not sure how big her role in the game is, though, as I haven't gotten that far. :-P But yeah... the fanart was of "Chaz mourning Alys' death."

DreXxiN
Nov 30, 2009, 06:57 AM
You know who pisses me off more than anything? My best friend's buddy "Dee" aka "Cow Tits". God do I hate he SOOOOO GODDAMN MUCH. Not only is she pompous, stuck up, spoiled bitch but she is a rich, pompous, stuck-up, spoiled bitch! Oh and she uses her religion "Wica" to try to gain sympathy for random crap NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT. Yea she claims that "I" (that would be me) killed innocent witches back during the "Burning Times" and that I've been brought back to reap what I sow. Basically I'm supposed to get punished or some off the wall crap. I swear, if she tries to make me look like a moron one more time I swear. It will be death by midnight and there will be a showdown. Oh yea. And it will be glorious.

Why is it ALWAYS the ugly obese white chicks that are into that stuff?

Let me guess, she wears loads of gothic stuff/makeup, right?

BIG OLAF
Nov 30, 2009, 08:53 AM
On that note: Blatantly racist people who accuse me of wrongdoings because of my skin color.

I understand if you're randomly upset about things that never happened in your lifetime and may have inconvenienced your ancestors greatly. I'm not saying it was right, because it certainly wasn't - but I didn't do it. You have no right or reason to throw the blame on me.

This. God, it makes me *asdgfsgfdsags* when people do that. I'm Italian (my entire family, up until my grandparent's generation, were all born and raised there), therefor, neither I nor any of my ancestors had anything to do with your ancestors enslavement. While they were all getting packed into the slave ships, my family was in Italy, picking grapes and farming. Assholes.

Of course, they don't listen. It must be every single white person's fault, right?

Vanzazikon
Nov 30, 2009, 12:54 PM
YOU WHITE FOLKS ARE SAVAGES!

Epically Leet
Nov 30, 2009, 11:27 PM
I think everything that has to do with race is bullshit... We're all just a bunch of idiot humans. No one more, no one less. Skincolor irrelevant.

It does piss me off when people assume you're racist for making the slightest remark of dislike for someone of a different color, though, especially if you couldn't be less racist...

...Which also brings me to the fact that quite many call the American Godzilla movie "racist" for including a Japanese guy eating noodles and watching sumo wrestling. And for starting every French man's name in it with "Jean-". What's funny about both of these is that they are mere stereotypes of folk groups, and actually have nothing to do with race -- hence it isn't racist. So... people like that piss me off as well. So over-sensitive. Same with everyone who thinks a movie made by a white person is racist for not including a black person in it.

...I don't think anyone has called Fresh Prince of Bel Air racist for not including many white people. It's like people are just trying so, sooo fucking hard to be the opposite of the people who in ancient times enslaved blacks, or people in the '50s who severely looked down on black people -- which is just so fucking lame. Live now, fuckers, and just treat everyone equally yourself. But besides that, focusing so much on races kind of makes you a partial racist yourself. Because then you aren't looking at them as mistreated humans; you're looking at them as a mistreated race. Period.

Oh, and by the way, to get back to stereotyping... the only French band I listen to have someone called "Jean-Michel" in it. So I, too, would probably make that stereotype if I made a movie that included a French guy. :P

Sayara
Nov 30, 2009, 11:40 PM
Being so distracted to not fiish my own goddamn se-

oh hey a penny!

Epically Leet
Nov 30, 2009, 11:47 PM
Your own goddamn whaaaa?

New pet peeve: Me always posting unfinished comments (because I don't quite make up my mind immediately, but thinks so and just goes for it), making me have to edit them while people can see what I don't want them to see.

Sayara
Nov 30, 2009, 11:59 PM
Well. I lose my attention too quickly to finish my sentence, or let alone my work all due tomorrow lolol :|

Epically Leet
Dec 1, 2009, 12:09 AM
Sorry, I really should have understood that.

My brain likes to not function well in the mornings.

I hate it...

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Dec 1, 2009, 01:41 AM

Just because people identify someone as "white" (regardless of what they may actually be) doesn't mean that persecuting them because of that perception isn't racism, and it also doesn't mean that it's justified for anyone to do so.

"Dem whities always keepin da black man dahn!". Yea I heard that BS alot when I was livin in Southern Jersey. Pissed me off because the people who said it was collectin welfare and blowin it on drugs. They were also some ignorant fucks as well. Everyday I hoped that'd they would just drop dead or the dog would kill em. But that sorta thinking gets me labeled as a racist or some nonsense. Speakin of which, I got called a racist today because I said "Man I sho' could get me somma that fried chicken! I'm fuckin' stahvin!".

Now let me explain something. I have a thing where I sometimes "southernize" my words. Sometimes I sound "black" to other people (by other "people" I mean the upper rich white folk that live by me). But thats just how I talk. I can't stop that sorta stuff. It's just how I am. Also I had said fried chicken today, it was good. Nay, DELICIOUS!

Tetsaru
Dec 1, 2009, 03:58 AM
Being a white southern boy myself, I can safely say that fried chicken is a staple food around here, and you don't have to be black to appreciate it. And I'll be damned if macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes aren't just as viable. :wacko:

Kent
Dec 1, 2009, 09:39 AM
...I want some fried chicken now.

"Dem whities always keepin da black man dahn!". Yea I heard that BS alot when I was livin in Southern Jersey. Pissed me off because the people who said it was collectin welfare and blowin it on drugs. They were also some ignorant fucks as well. Everyday I hoped that'd they would just drop dead or the dog would kill em. But that sorta thinking gets me labeled as a racist or some nonsense. Speakin of which, I got called a racist today because I said "Man I sho' could get me somma that fried chicken! I'm fuckin' stahvin!".

Now let me explain something. I have a thing where I sometimes "southernize" my words. Sometimes I sound "black" to other people (by other "people" I mean the upper rich white folk that live by me). But thats just how I talk. I can't stop that sorta stuff. It's just how I am. Also I had said fried chicken today, it was good. Nay, DELICIOUS!
I spent eleven years living in Mississippi. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to express any sort of distaste for another person unless s/he's the same race as you, or you'll forever be pidgeonholed as "that racist white guy." Naturally, if you're not seen as white, this doesn't apply at all.

I specifically recall reporting to the principal of my school that there were quite a few other kids making unprovoked racist remarks and actions toward many of the "white" students, only to have it brushed off as people "just joking around," when if a non-white student reports the same level of discrimination against them? Suddenly, the students reported are being pulled out of classrooms and given a stern talking-to.

It's a sickening double-standard that really doesn't help when it's compounded with just how bad the school system itself is.

PSA: Never let your children attend schooling in Mississippi. Hell, it's probably a good idea to just stay out of Mississippi, in general. Worst-quality educational system in the US, and highest teen pregnancy rate in the US? It's literally not possible to have kids there and it be a good idea.

Rust
Dec 1, 2009, 10:43 AM
...Which also brings me to the fact that quite many call the American Godzilla movie "racist" for including a Japanese guy eating noodles and watching sumo wrestling. And for starting every French man's name in it with "Jean-". What's funny about both of these is that they are mere stereotypes of folk groups, and actually have nothing to do with race -- hence it isn't racist. So... people like that piss me off as well.

The stereotypes in that movie just made me a laugh a lot (genuinely, not out of pity). The French guys all being called "Jean-" something, as well as the breakfast time where Jean Reno grabs a donut and says "No croissant?", then swears about the coffee, were most excellent. When they chew bubble-gum to seem "more american" definitely killed me.

Epically Leet
Dec 1, 2009, 11:23 AM
Stereotypes can be very humorous, yes. Especially when you throw them in whenever you can. :D

Was most likely done for the humor, too, which makes it even more stupid to call the movie racist for it.

astuarlen
Dec 1, 2009, 01:18 PM
Obliviousness to white privilege (well, any privilege) and the most basic structures and implications of racism. But, hey, that's white privilege, isn't it!

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Dec 1, 2009, 02:17 PM
I heard that Japanese people don't take black people seriously. They consider they're attitude as a complete joke.

Also it sucks that we will never be graced with Dave Chapell's comedy seeing as his journery to dispel racism with comedy bombed. He was hilarious and one of the few reasons I watch TV.

Outrider
Dec 1, 2009, 05:01 PM
Medical situations that no doctor has been able to fully diagnose.

It's getting bothersome.

Anduril
Dec 1, 2009, 06:44 PM
Other people in general are pissing me off today. You had a deadline for the script, why is it three days late? Oh, you forgot that I needed your part of the transcript and that the paper is due tomorrow? What's that, you can't make it to the meeting because you have a hangover from last night? Sometimes I wish I had no conscience so I could just take a bat to people's heads.

Volcompat321
Dec 4, 2009, 11:20 PM
A remake of the Karate Kid movies, with Jackie Chan as Mr. Miyagi, and (I guess Will Smith's kid as Daniel-son).

I like Jackie Chan, but.....I don't think this will be good.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Dec 6, 2009, 01:05 PM
A remake of the Karate Kid movies, with Jackie Chan as Mr. Miyagi, and (I guess Will Smith's kid as Daniel-son).

I like Jackie Chan, but.....I don't think this will be good.

What? No. I refuse to believe this. LIES ALL OF IT! Oh god...my head...why Hollywood why?

Nitro Vordex
Dec 6, 2009, 01:24 PM
I heard that Japanese people don't take black people seriously. They consider they're attitude as a complete joke.

I don't think anyone can take them seriously.

lolpopculture

Volcompat321
Dec 6, 2009, 06:20 PM
Zicam.
I think I took too much of it.
I'm kinda...tipsy lol.
I feel dizzy, and I'm almost stumbling, and my throat still hurts.

Leviathan
Dec 6, 2009, 11:37 PM
Microwaves can go to hell.

I've been trying to heat up come hot cocoa and the cup remains hot while the contents remain cold.

I've heated this fucking cup of water for 5 minutes. [Not all at once.]

-.-

Also fuck getting sick.

DreXxiN
Dec 7, 2009, 12:06 AM
OH. MY. GOD.

I cannot STAND when microwaves centralize heat or focus it in some areas, burning you, while leaving others waaay too cold. This is the one MAJOR, MAJOR downfall to leftovers. :(

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Dec 7, 2009, 11:43 AM
When people don't believe me that Pirates in tanks are the single most awesome thing eever made. Ninjas are good, but they don't make everything awesome.

Zarode
Dec 7, 2009, 11:52 AM
Vikings in submarines would be more awesome.

DreXxiN
Dec 7, 2009, 12:19 PM
I think Ninjas and Pirates were a lot cooler before the hype x)

Rust
Dec 7, 2009, 03:09 PM
What about Spartans?

Gunslinger-08
Dec 7, 2009, 03:15 PM
What about Spartans?

Spartans DID beat ninjas on Deadliest Warrior. Hmm...

Volcompat321
Dec 7, 2009, 04:10 PM
I think Ninjas and Pirates were a lot cooler before the hype x)

Ninja Turtles ftw? :o

Tetsaru
Dec 7, 2009, 08:18 PM
No, no, no, you've got it all wrong - it's cyborg alien vampire demon zombie pirate ninjas who are the coolest.

Who wear top hats and monocles.

And dual-wield babies that crap laser beams. :wacko:

Gunslinger-08
Dec 7, 2009, 11:56 PM
It's finals week.

My parrot back home fucking died out of the blue.

SStrikerR
Dec 8, 2009, 12:04 AM
I just shocked myself twice today unplugging my laptop. I've never had any problems until I decided to use that shifty-looking power strip.

Oh, yeah, and school sucks. But that goes without saying.

DreXxiN
Dec 8, 2009, 12:32 AM
Ninja Turtles ftw? :o

Smart man.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 8, 2009, 12:52 AM
Oh, my heart is too fragile. I've seen your type before.
That user's so dangerous.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 8, 2009, 12:55 AM
Viking Turtles.

Volcompat321
Dec 8, 2009, 01:05 AM
That user's so dangerous.

Hey, what.

Outrider
Dec 8, 2009, 10:57 AM
Viking Turtles.

I would love to see that.

In fact, I would love to see turtles of all different variations - Teenage Mutant Pirate Turtles, Teenage Mutant Cowboy Turtles, etc.

Orrefe
Dec 8, 2009, 10:58 AM
Reverser. Does no one on the 360 server have it? APPARENTLY NOT.

"Sol Atomizers are more effective." That's great. WHERE ARE YOURS.

DreXxiN
Dec 8, 2009, 01:36 PM
Man I've been playing PSO too much. You said "reverser" and I was like "why the fuck would you use a revive spell to cure a status ailment?"

Anduril
Dec 8, 2009, 11:40 PM
Finals. For some reason all of my instructors feel like having a presentation, paper, and exam as part of them this semester. Today I had to do a performance of an adaptation of some Shakespeare plays followed by a Q&A about our analytical interpretation and rational for everything we did. Right now I'm attempting to create a mini-lesson on dangling modifiers, and I feel like kicking myself in the back of my head. After that, I need to finish up my creative project for my Literature class, although he did say he would give us some leeway to turn it in before 8pm, so that shouldn't be too bad. Then next week I have exams and papers due in addition to those projects. I've slept three hours in the past four days and I think I might fall asleep during class tomorrow.

SStrikerR
Dec 9, 2009, 11:55 PM
Fuck To Kill a Mockingbird. Usually I can write essays just fine, but this one's just being a bitch. There's absolutely nothing to write about for this topic.

Of course it's due tomorrow. Why wouldn't it be?

Leviathan
Dec 10, 2009, 12:53 AM
Been working out for weeks now.

Weight loss- 0 lbs.

Sad face.

Volcompat321
Dec 10, 2009, 12:59 AM
Fuck To Kill a Mockingbird. Usually I can write essays just fine, but this one's just being a bitch. There's absolutely nothing to write about for this topic.

I love that book!
It was seriously the first book I actually took the time to read.
After that, it was the book The Giver.
That one is just...awesome.

Been working out for weeks now.

Weight loss- 0 lbs.

Sad face.

Just keep at it Levi.
I've been working out and running for about 3 months, everyday and I've only lost 10 pounds, and gained almost no (visible) muscle.
It'll get there. :D

Outrider
Dec 10, 2009, 11:29 AM

I find that hard to believe.

I haven't read that book since high school, but it's the kind of novel that really says a lot. You can write about the innocence of youth, or the class/race issue, or its failure at explaining how to kill mockingbirds.

DreXxiN
Dec 10, 2009, 11:31 AM
or its failure at explaining how to kill mockingbirds.

Lmao..I don't know why, but I IRL lol'd extremely hard at that. That'd make an epic essay.

I must have been one of the few that really enjoyed that novel in high school.

Outrider
Dec 10, 2009, 12:35 PM

I don't think so. I can remember quite a lot of people falling in love with the book when they read it during school.

I remember enjoying it, but it's not one of my favorites. However, I think I should probably give it a read again - I generally find myself enjoying books much more when I read them for myself rather than school or whatever.

Volcompat321
Dec 10, 2009, 01:57 PM
Lmao..I don't know why, but I IRL lol'd extremely hard at that. That'd make an epic essay.

I love that book!
It was seriously the first book I actually took the time to read.
After that, it was the book The Giver.
That one is just...awesome.

I loved the book too, DreX.

I'm not a huge reader. I'm more of a "school reader" than a self reader.
Though it's been a long time since school. (not really, only like 4 years or so).

Gunslinger-08
Dec 10, 2009, 03:01 PM
I'm more of a "school reader" than a self reader.
Though it's been a long time since school. (not really, only like 4 years or so).

I was like that until I read Ender's Game in the 9th grade. Orson Scott Card is a freaking amazing writer.

SStrikerR
Dec 10, 2009, 03:14 PM
Ah, ender's game..I read that a few years ago, and It was great. I read more than anybody else in my grade (fact) so it's not that I don't like books...I just like reading. But that's it. I don't enjoy being forced to read for some sort of assignment. But oh well, that's school. And Outrider, If I had been able to choose my topic myself that would've worked out fine, but we were given a short list of topics that we had to choose from, and they were all horrible.

Kent
Dec 10, 2009, 03:19 PM
I was like that until I read Ender's Game in the 9th grade. Orson Scott Card is a freaking amazing writer.
And to think, some people are silly enough to skip on trying Shadow Complex just because they don't like him.

Outrider
Dec 10, 2009, 03:50 PM
And to think, some people are silly enough to skip on trying Shadow Complex just because they don't like him.

Well, that and the fact that he's a hateful bigot, but yeah.

Still, Orson Scott Card has about as much to do with Shadow Complex as Akira Toriyama has to do with the latest Dragonball Z action figures.

The cheesy Shadow Complex storyline is pretty much all Peter David, bless his soul.

DreXxiN
Dec 10, 2009, 06:57 PM
I've read the Ender's Game sequel from Ender's point of view and it was pretty damn good, though I know it branches off into a Bean subplot too. Anyone read it?

Leviathan
Dec 10, 2009, 08:43 PM
I hate it when a ton of people come into work when I'm about to leave.

I also hate people that consider the MLG as an actual sport, and then go as far as to take it more seriously than a sport.

I also hate tattoos that have no meaning behind them.

/Rage from Facebook

Nitro Vordex
Dec 10, 2009, 09:24 PM
Golf is a sport. What's your definition of a sport?

I hate high school.

So very much.

Not the learning part, just the idiot fucks and the damn freshmen and the complete idiocy of it all.

I'm gonna love college. Or so I'm told.

Volcompat321
Dec 10, 2009, 10:50 PM

I think you would hate about 90% of my tattoos then.
I have my niece and nephew's initials, and an Irish flag, that mean something.
Other than that, none of them make sense.

The ketchup bottle was because my friend said "I'll pay for it if you get this tattooed on your arm!" (while holding a Heinz Ketchup bottle)
The "Hug Life" on my stomach kinda has a meaning, but not really.
(Mostly hides stretch marks, from when I was a fatty).

And the scorpion...well I just got that because my tattoo artist friend drew it, and loved the design.

And (the more to come) others mostly wont have any meaning.
Although, I plan on having my left arm a whole sleeve of Irish stuff, other than a rainbow and pot of gold, because that's....too Irish for me. lol.(mostly because it would look gay).

SStrikerR
Dec 10, 2009, 11:24 PM
damn freshmen
What exactly do we do that pisses people off so much? I mean the upperclassmen I know tell me that I'm fine, but others...not so much. I hate the stupid things the majority of my grade does, but you guys must be seeing something I'm not.

Enlighten me.

MetaZedlen
Dec 10, 2009, 11:52 PM
What exactly do we do that pisses people off so much? I mean the upperclassmen I know tell me that I'm fine, but others...not so much. I hate the stupid things the majority of my grade does, but you guys must be seeing something I'm not.

Enlighten me.

It's just something you will magically see when you're a Senior in HS.

Trust me, there's no other way to explain it until you experience it yourself.

Mike
Dec 10, 2009, 11:55 PM
I love not being in school anymore. But then again, school was a breeze compared to everything else. I have no idea why people complain about it.

Volcompat321
Dec 11, 2009, 12:00 AM
I love not being in school anymore. But then again, school was a breeze compared to everything else. I have no idea why people complain about it.

I agree with you.

I loved school, but I'm happy I'm out.
Although, I wouldn't mind some college.
I need to get on that ASAP.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 11, 2009, 12:11 AM
You'll understand when you're older.

Mike
Dec 11, 2009, 12:32 AM
Although, I wouldn't mind some college.
I need to get on that ASAP.
College was good, even though I ended up not being able to eat more than a few spoonfulls of anything at the end of one semester due to stress. I might go back if I can't find a better job or move up to a better position in a year or so.

Volcompat321
Dec 11, 2009, 12:39 AM
College was good, even though I ended up not being able to eat more than a few spoonfulls of anything at the end of one semester due to stress. I might go back if I can't find a better job or move up to a better position in a year or so.

Wow...Stress makes you not eat? :o
My body doesn't know stress then lol.

Seriously though, I need to get into college. I'm 21, and have none.

I want to be a police officer/detective eventually...so college would help.

Mike
Dec 11, 2009, 02:01 AM
It didn't make me less hungery, it just made it really painful to eat.

Volcompat321
Dec 11, 2009, 02:11 AM
Oh, well that's not good.
:(

Outrider
Dec 11, 2009, 11:50 AM

I'm kind of curious about this - tattoos are just a way of decorating your body. Is it weird for somebody to wear clothes, jewelery or get a haircut that doesn't mean anything? I think some people do it because they think it looks nice. (Or uh... on what sounds like a totally worthwhile bet, like Mr. Pat.)

Enlighten me.

Let me put it this way - have you noticed that sometimes people show up on PSOW acting like they're really on top of things but in reality they're just annoying and have no idea what's going on? And how the people who have been here for a while will either give them trouble or just tolerate them until they learn how to fit in?

That's kind of the view that people have of freshmen.

Leviathan
Dec 11, 2009, 03:07 PM
I think you would hate about 90% of my tattoos then.
I have my niece and nephew's initials, and an Irish flag, that mean something.
Other than that, none of them make sense.

The ketchup bottle was because my friend said "I'll pay for it if you get this tattooed on your arm!" (while holding a Heinz Ketchup bottle)
The "Hug Life" on my stomach kinda has a meaning, but not really.
(Mostly hides stretch marks, from when I was a fatty).

And the scorpion...well I just got that because my tattoo artist friend drew it, and loved the design.

And (the more to come) others mostly wont have any meaning.
Although, I plan on having my left arm a whole sleeve of Irish stuff, other than a rainbow and pot of gold, because that's....too Irish for me. lol.(mostly because it would look gay).

I'm kind of curious about this - tattoos are just a way of decorating your body. Is it weird for somebody to wear clothes, jewelery or get a haircut that doesn't mean anything? I think some people do it because they think it looks nice. (Or uh... on what sounds like a totally worthwhile bet, like Mr. Pat.)

Some tattoos are fine, but for the most part it's the spur of the moment ones like in Vol's story. The one that you get after a night of partying harder than a rock and such. And those fucking hipsters "ironic" tattoos. It's just that it makes you look super trashy, and you always end up regretting is later on.

Volcompat321
Dec 11, 2009, 04:12 PM
Some tattoos are fine, but for the most part it's the spur of the moment ones like in Vol's story. The one that you get after a night of partying harder than a rock and such. And those fucking hipsters "ironic" tattoos. It's just that it makes you look super trashy, and you always end up regretting is later on.

Hey now, I was never trashed when I got tattoos, or the ideas for tattoos.
(Honestly, nowadays, tattoos rarely get in the way of jobs). I've never had any problems anyway, and I've had some great jobs. (and I'm only 21)

I'm not trying to be a judge or anything.
I am trying to be a police officer, and detective later on though.

Also, I make sure that every tattoo I get can be hidden by a shirt. Not a big deal.

When I went to Boston, to visit my dad, (he knew I had tattoos) I was wearing a long button up shirt, and he asked where they were cause he couldn't see them.

My grandfather didn't know, and ended up never knowing because he passed away.

I think people that get tattoos are just brought up different than people that think they are trashy.
Think about it; I think in about 30 years (after all the old 50-70 year old people die out) tattoos will be more popular than they ever were.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love tattoos with meanings, but I also like the fact that pretty much the only thing in this world I control is my body, and I can do pretty much anything I want with it.

Sinue_v2
Dec 11, 2009, 05:55 PM

I tried to kill the Mockingbird. My cousin and I took the .38 pistol in the back yard and emptied twelve rounds into it. I tend to get pissy when people destroy books... but that one I had no compunctions about perforating. I couldn't get more than about five chapters in and it would literally make me physically ill. Ended up failing that class twice because I wouldn't read it. Well, wouldn't the first time, couldn't the next semester due to it still occasionally dropping mushroomed fragments of lead and brass. Every other English teacher was having us read good books - like Of Mice and Men, Flowers for Algernon, Lord of the Flies. Shit, I didn't like Great Gatsby either, but at least I could stomach it. The only reason "Mr. BananaBalls" still had us read it was because it was his favorite.

The movie though, wasn't half bad except for the flashbacks of reading it it gave me.

I WISH I could just go to school like I did when I was a kid for the rest of my life. I'd completely dork out this time around and just soak up everything I could for as long as I could. I guess collage is an option, but that shit's too expensive to be a career student. The retirement benefits suck as well, unless I went to BE a teacher/professor... but trying to get tenure is a whole other can of fuck that stress. Maybe if I win the lotto... hmm....

That's why I'm saving up my tattoo money for something like this little beauty. (http://gizmodo.com/5401714/digital-tattoo-interface-turns-your-skin-into-a-display)

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2009/11/500x_tatinterface.jpg

(Concept Art)

It's an aesthetic implant that basically puts a "Tattoo PC" under your skin. When not in use, you can display the tattoo you want. Pick the tat that fits the occasion you're going to find yourself in (or turn it off) and swap our your ink decals as easily as changing your windows wallpaper. When activated, you'd have some very basic computer functions (notes, clock, calendar, reminder notices, address book, low quality video, games, etc). It powers itself on the glucose in your blood... or it will, anyhow, if they figure out how to get rid of the waste products the yeast cultures create, keep it clean of cholesterol & platelets, and boost output.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 11, 2009, 07:46 PM
I can see it now: A virus for your computer and body.

Wonderful.

Leviathan
Dec 11, 2009, 08:44 PM
I can see it now: A virus for your computer and body.

Wonderful.

Hepatitis?

@Tatoos: I don't think people realize that down the road their skin loses elasticity thus making a tattoo extremely unappealing. [I am one of those people that look 20 years down the road and think "How will this affect me later?"]

I like tattoo art as long as it is executed correctly. [It has to be done really well.]

Nitro Vordex
Dec 11, 2009, 09:24 PM
It's not really a "Oh god I won't look good in 20 years" kind of thing, more than it is, "GOT DAYUM I LOOK BADASS/SEXY."

Volcompat321
Dec 11, 2009, 10:41 PM
Hepatitis?

@Tatoos: I don't think people realize that down the road their skin loses elasticity thus making a tattoo extremely unappealing. [I am one of those people that look 20 years down the road and think "How will this affect me later?"]

I like tattoo art as long as it is executed correctly. [It has to be done really well.]

Live for the moment, woman.
Honestly, I don't care what I look like in 20 years.
I am who I am, because of my life experiences.
If I wanted to be careful my whole life, I wouldn't be the same person.
Sure, they might look unappealing, but who cares.
You don't have to see them, and they can always be touched up/fixed.

It's not really a "Oh god I won't look good in 20 years" kind of thing, more than it is, "GOT DAYUM I LOOK BADASS/SEXY."

:o

Nitro Vordex
Dec 12, 2009, 01:11 AM
Mind you it's what they aren't considering, and what they're thinking at the time, respectively. So calm down there.

Volcompat321
Dec 12, 2009, 02:19 AM
Well, I wasn't getting uppity.
Just stating. :D

zfighter14
Dec 13, 2009, 09:53 AM
when someone talks shit about you and thinks they are all big and cool. but when you stand up to them and say you wanna get your ass kicked they back off. IF YOUR GONNA TALK SHIT ABOUT SOMEONE BE READY GET INT)O A FIGHT AND GET YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU

Alnet
Dec 16, 2009, 11:51 AM
I hate EVERYTHING that has happened Q3 and Q4 of this year. This has been some of the worst few months of my life.

For example, today, I dropped my cellphone and locked myself out of my apartment. It only happened because I was going to the ATM because I was late with my rent payment for this month. Of course, I'm inside now (no longer freezing, but certainly shivering), but whoever found my phone has it turned off, so chances are that I'm not getting it back, even after sending it a txt message for where it can call or email me back.

All this, and I have a paper due in 5 hours. And another one due 24 hours after that. And somewhere in between that, I have an exam at 8:00 in the morning. And 2 more papers that are overdue.

Somewhere along the line, I provoked God's wrath (I can think of a few places), and He's now calling my tab. Or something like that. Death would be sweeter.

Edit: The final paper is optional. To even be eligible, one has to have had at least 9 of 10 responses to the required reading over the course of the semester. I wanted to do it because of my absolutely abhorrent presentation in the final class. The number of responses I have completed is 8. Kill me, please.

Sayara
Dec 16, 2009, 02:09 PM
THE WINNNDD augh,
blow in my direction on my entire 1 mile trek back home whilst carrying a huge portfolio.

Sheet man, if i weighed 20 more lbs, I'd be ok but i was blowing all over the place!!!

BlaizeYES
Dec 19, 2009, 04:17 PM
I think everything that has to do with race is bullshit... We're all just a bunch of idiot humans. No one more, no one less. Skincolor irrelevant.

It does piss me off when people assume you're racist for making the slightest remark of dislike for someone of a different color, though, especially if you couldn't be less racist...

...Which also brings me to the fact that quite many call the American Godzilla movie "racist" for including a Japanese guy eating noodles and watching sumo wrestling. And for starting every French man's name in it with "Jean-". What's funny about both of these is that they are mere stereotypes of folk groups, and actually have nothing to do with race -- hence it isn't racist. So... people like that piss me off as well. So over-sensitive. Same with everyone who thinks a movie made by a white person is racist for not including a black person in it.

...I don't think anyone has called Fresh Prince of Bel Air racist for not including many white people. It's like people are just trying so, sooo fucking hard to be the opposite of the people who in ancient times enslaved blacks, or people in the '50s who severely looked down on black people -- which is just so fucking lame. Live now, fuckers, and just treat everyone equally yourself. But besides that, focusing so much on races kind of makes you a partial racist yourself. Because then you aren't looking at them as mistreated humans; you're looking at them as a mistreated race. Period.

Oh, and by the way, to get back to stereotyping... the only French band I listen to have someone called "Jean-Michel" in it. So I, too, would probably make that stereotype if I made a movie that included a French guy. :P

the nords are superior, theres nothing we can do about it. should have been born in sweden, or a viking

Kent
Dec 19, 2009, 05:24 PM
Snooty Mac people. Ugh.

That's not to say that all people who use Macs are snooty - I'm just talking about Mac people that happen to also be snooty. It's kind of common among people who are vocally against using a non-Mac for... anything.

So, my dad went to get some of his old Super-8 film converted to DVDs for Christmas presents, and there was some lady who does this out of her home. We went to pick up the DVD today, and my dad wanted me to come along and bring an external hard drive so I could copy the raw video files that were converted to DVD format, so we'd have an archive of them... So I went along.

As it turns out, by some form of funky proprietary Apple magic, apparently you have to format a hard drive on a Mac, for the Mac to be able to write to it (or so I'm told)... Despite that it could read from it just fine. So this woman, after finding out that I'm a lowly PC-user ("Do you use a Mac?" "No, I'm a normal person."), starts up this conversation about how everyone should use Macs, because:

"Macs can't ever get viruses."
".MOV files won't work on PCs."
"Mac makes all this software and even software so they can read PC files, but PC doesn't make any software." [sic]
"Hollywood uses Macs and Final Cut to make TV shows and movies."
"You can just get a Mac to run your PC software."

I'm fairly certain she would've had her nose turned up even if I wasn't a foot and a half taller than her.

It's kind of sickening when people are like that. If you're going to try and bring up arguments about why people should do anything, at least know what the hell you're talking about - it might be easier to learn about the subject at hand if you take your head out of your ass once in a while.

Epically Leet
Dec 19, 2009, 06:08 PM
I hate any form of wanna-be elitism.

Delete
Dec 19, 2009, 08:31 PM
Getting your nail stuck in your finger. This stuff hurts like heck and it pisses me off when I get hurt :P

Also, Paper cuts.

MetaZedlen
Dec 19, 2009, 08:35 PM
@Kent - I share you hatred for these stupid fucking people...

I personally have NOTHING against Macs besides that they are overrated, but these uneducated people just need to see both sides of the story...

Randomness
Dec 19, 2009, 09:23 PM
I would love to see that.

In fact, I would love to see turtles of all different variations - Teenage Mutant Pirate Turtles, Teenage Mutant Cowboy Turtles, etc.

Child Mutant Ninja Turtle? (It's real?)

Rust
Dec 19, 2009, 09:38 PM
"Hollywood uses Macs and Final Cut to make TV shows and movies."

I lol'd very hard.

Volcompat321
Dec 19, 2009, 09:59 PM
I also HATE MACS, and the "snooty" type of users.
People that just use the damn things and shoosh about it don't bother me much.

I mean..they are super expensive, and have less in them.
(My friend spent $1100 in a MacBook, got 1GB of RAM and 99GB of HDD or something low like that).
I spent $700 and got 4GB of RAM, 250GB HDD, and a great video card.

Leviathan
Dec 20, 2009, 01:31 AM
Macs really aren't that expensive. >>

Made an HP with same specs, HP cost more by $100+, and then Apple also throws in any iPod you want. [If you buy it anywhere from May-September.]

In other news: Developing calluses hurt, and missing notes makes me sad.

DreXxiN
Dec 20, 2009, 01:45 AM
I'm experienced in building computers with the Linux, Windows, and Mac operating systems. If you're simply purchasing a computer and it's AS poweful as a Mac but with a higher pricetag however, you're doing it wrong.

Leviathan
Dec 20, 2009, 01:51 AM
I'm experienced in building computers with the Linux, Windows, and Mac operating systems. If you're simply purchasing a computer and it's AS poweful as a Mac but with a higher pricetag however, you're doing it wrong.

Got it from HP's website.

SStrikerR
Dec 20, 2009, 02:06 AM
Developing calluses hurt, and missing notes makes me sad.

My world. Welcome to it.

MetaZedlen
Dec 20, 2009, 02:10 AM

Apparantly you haven't discovered that pre-builts ARE more expensive than custom builts because you're paying for the name too.

DreXxiN
Dec 20, 2009, 04:40 AM
Apparantly you haven't discovered that pre-builts ARE more expensive than custom builts because you're paying for the name too.

Originally Posted by DreXxiN
purchasing a computer

Not sure where I mentioned pricing of custom builts vs. store bought.

Also, Leviathan, you're doing it wrong. :P

MetaZedlen
Dec 20, 2009, 05:02 AM

And yet you STILL fail to see that this isn't about the OS's but the hardware itself...

DreXxiN
Dec 20, 2009, 05:16 AM
I see it completely, what are you suggesting? How well an OS is optimized not only will determine the strain on the system (and thus the temperature of your computer), but it's efficiency of using the hardware it has (namely, RAM, since a lot of OS's are memory hogs moreso than others.)

Then, there's also the issue of compatibility with programs, games, and executables (Mac fails hard here, oftentimes for the less popular games requiring Windows emulation via Wine or other such things, causing a performance drop) to where other OS's can be superior to another. Luckily, this is less of an issue (kinda...) since Apple computers use Intel processors now.

This is why if you have an equal hardware PC vs. Mac (If PC has XP or Windows 7, I almost guarantee a better performance for the hardware), and you're paying more for the Mac, then there's something wrong.

PC's are usually cheaper anyway, which is actually kind of sad.

I'm actually not even sure why you mentioned me not being aware of pre-builts being more expensive. In fact the original message wasn't clear regardless since it was "I MADE an HP".

thunder-ray
Dec 20, 2009, 05:38 AM
Dealing with stupid ass drunk people at work piss me off to no end :mad:.

Volcompat321
Dec 20, 2009, 06:47 AM
Dealing with stupid ass drunk people at work piss me off to no end :mad:.

Drunks....I would deal with those in a heartbeat.

Try handling drunks, drug addicts, suicidal kids(as young as 3!?), murderers, pedophiles, rapists, and just plain weird people.

Mental health facility sucks hard. But it was so fun at the same time.

Also: In my experiences, every Mac I've seen is way expensive with less in it.
My friend for example. That's a regular Mac book though, but it was $1000.

Now, if you can get what he got for only $400, then I would say it's a damn good price. But that wasn't the case.

Leviathan
Dec 20, 2009, 11:31 AM

I obviously don't have time to MAKE and BUILD, and LEARN how to make a computer, like many people.

Then, there's also the issue of compatibility with programs, games, and executables (Mac fails hard here

Why would anyone get a Mac to play games?

I'm actually not even sure why you mentioned me not being aware of pre-builts being more expensive. In fact the original message wasn't clear regardless since it was "I MADE an HP".

Summarization.

-Made a HP on HP's website. Came out to $1,499.
-Made a Macbook Pro on Apple's website. Came out to $1,399. [With iPod Classic, free shipping. And this was before a student discount.]

IIRC, $1,399 is less expensive than $1,499.

Dragwind
Dec 20, 2009, 11:36 AM
You could always try to get a friend to build the computer for you, or find a small PC business to do it as well.

Leviathan
Dec 20, 2009, 11:45 AM
You could always try to get a friend to build the computer for you, or find a small PC business to do it as well.

They would ask me to pay them. Which defeats the purpose of getting a custom one v. a pre-built.

Dragwind
Dec 20, 2009, 11:49 AM
None of them would do it free, or even cheap like $50?

Volcompat321
Dec 20, 2009, 11:52 AM
Friends that charge you to help you with something?
Jeez.

If one of my friends asked me to pay for their time, outside of a business of sorts, I'd probably laugh. Parts, sure, I'll pay for those, but for help?
(Though, I help my friends out a lot, so of course in return, I'd expect them to help me out).

Really though, it's not too hard to put on together. Kinda like playing with Legos.
Meaning, you put them where they fit, and if you did it right, it works.

I knew/know nothing about computers, and I figured out how to take my laptop apart to fix it.
(I figured what the hell, it's already broke, what damage can I do to it!? And ended up fixing it instead of buying a new laptop!).

Leviathan
Dec 20, 2009, 11:55 AM
"If you're good at something, don't do it for free."

Also most of my friends aren't exactly the most computer knowledgeable.

Volcompat321
Dec 20, 2009, 11:59 AM
"If you're good at something, don't do it for free."

Also most of my friends aren't exactly the most computer knowledgeable.

Well, I don't think that rule applies to friends, specially for something so simple as putting a computer together.
I used the Lego analogy, because it's just like that.
Everything has it's own little spot, which I think makes it easier than Lego's.
Either way, sucks no one helped for free. :(

Computers are still very expensive, so I buy a new computer about every 5-7 years.
And by that time, I'm way behind on technology, I just use it for basic stuff like games, Photoshop, and music programs.

Ryna
Dec 20, 2009, 12:56 PM
Spending three hours shoveling snow that is 45 centimeters deep and very wet.

Volcompat321
Dec 20, 2009, 12:58 PM
Spending three hours shoveling snow that is 45 centimeters deep and very wet.

But...that's what makes snow so awesome!
And snowforts.
Well, when I was younger! lol.

God I miss snow too much.

Ryna
Dec 20, 2009, 01:04 PM
But...that's what makes snow so awesome!
And snowforts.
Well, when I was younger! lol.

God I miss snow too much.

That is awesome when you are 10 years old, but not so much when you're trying to clear a path to get to work or shoveling the sidewalk for your elderly neighbors.

Volcompat321
Dec 20, 2009, 01:10 PM
That is awesome when you are 10 years old, but not so much when you're trying to clear a path to get to work or shoveling the sidewalk for your elderly neighbors.

Yea, that probably wouldn't be too much fun.
I'm sure if I hadn't been in Florida all this time, and still lived up north, I'd hate it just as much.

Leviathan
Dec 20, 2009, 03:50 PM
Well, I don't think that rule applies to friends, specially for something so simple as putting a computer together.
I used the Lego analogy, because it's just like that.
Everything has it's own little spot, which I think makes it easier than Lego's.
Either way, sucks no one helped for free. :(

I hardly use Windows anymore anyways. All we use in school are Macs now. And I found almost everything about it a lot easier. I still have my school issued Dell, but that think needs to be fixed every 2-3 months. The average of fixing this $300 Dell [And we have a few HPs] a year exceeds $1,000.

Counterproductive much?

Delete
Dec 20, 2009, 06:01 PM
Math. Because when it starts getting to the 3 x 4 (7x-4y) + -4 kind of stuff, it not only makes no sense, it also doesn't help me in life at all. Freakin School :/

DreXxiN
Dec 20, 2009, 06:27 PM
I hardly use Windows anymore anyways. All we use in school are Macs now. And I found almost everything about it a lot easier. I still have my school issued Dell, but that think needs to be fixed every 2-3 months. The average of fixing this $300 Dell [And we have a few HPs] a year exceeds $1,000.

Counterproductive much?

I can't tell if you're true to your word about NOT being biased torwards macs or what. I understand you wouldn't normally game on a computer, but if you read just a few more words, I said programs and executables too, which means other Windows software aside from games.

Like, holy fucking shit. My advice is NEVER buy from HP AGAIN. Computers should NEVER be that expensive. You can get a computer with 3GB DDR3 Ram, a duel core processor and a decent 7xxx+ series NVidia graphics card PREBUILT around here for 600-700 dollars (400 if you want to build it.)

Really though, learning to build a computer isn't that hard and will come really nice in the future. I can't understand you'd be paying that much to build a premade computer unless the case was plated with pure solid gold.

On that note, I WOULD agree that the new Mac OS's are a bit more user friendly torwards computer illiteracy, but I couldn't say that for sure because Windows 7 and Vista are pretty damn simple as is...

Kent
Dec 20, 2009, 07:33 PM
Math. Because when it starts getting to the 3 x 4 (7x-4y) + -4 kind of stuff, it not only makes no sense, it also doesn't help me in life at all. Freakin School :/
Math is a faith-based system. That's why n^0 = 1.

If nothing happens to nothing, it equals something.

Leviathan
Dec 20, 2009, 11:25 PM
I can't tell if you're true to your word about NOT being biased torwards macs or what. I understand you wouldn't normally game on a computer, but if you read just a few more words, I said programs and executables too, which means other Windows software aside from games.

Derp.

Like, holy fucking shit. My advice is NEVER buy from HP AGAIN. Computers should NEVER be that expensive. You can get a computer with 3GB DDR3 Ram, a duel core processor and a decent 7xxx+ series NVidia graphics card PREBUILT around here for 600-700 dollars (400 if you want to build it.)

7000 series is a bit behind. Macbooks have 9400. 4GB DDR3.

Went to Dell, made a laptop, also came out at $1499.

Like I said, I don't have time to build it. I rather just get it pre-made and go.

I hardly have time to hang out with friends, what makes you think I have time to build a computer?

premade computer unless the case was plated with pure solid gold.

Aluminum. But close.

DreXxiN
Dec 21, 2009, 03:45 AM
7000 series is still a bit behind, but even then, minus the 7900GTX (what I was mainly refering to, sorry for being vague) so minus the 60 dollars, add 200. You're still getting a computer with a GTX260 (At least twice as strong as the macbook graphics card) for less than a thousand bucks.

Also, aside from installing the processor, building computers isn't very time consuming. It's basically "Part A goes into Slot A, Part B goes into Slot B".

If you remove everything from your old case, but keep the motherboard (Albeit probably supporting DDR3, you can get loads of DDR2 for super cheap to compensate, upward to 16GB) and get your own RAM and graphics card, it'll take you a total of maybe 10 minutes, and if you land some sweet deals from Newegg or Tiger Direct (two of my favorites), you're probably seeing a 50% Savings with only a little bit of effort.

Time is money, but hey, to each their own.

Also, even if you get a cheap 8800GT for around 50 bucks, you're still getting better "oomph" in graphics and performance than a 360 or PS3 (Basically overclocked 7900GTX) with DirectX 10 capabilities.

Volcompat321
Dec 21, 2009, 06:39 AM
Like I said DreX, like Legos.
Honestly, it took me less than 10 minutes to take apart my laptop, and those things are a god damned pain in the ass to take apart.
(I had to take EVERYTHING out though, that's why it was a pain. Getting to the processor is just a matter of unscrewing a screw, and taking off the plastic/metal plating).

DreXxiN
Dec 21, 2009, 06:52 AM
I'll admitedly say I've never custom built a laptop, so I'd have no clue what I was doing XD. But like I said, the research is worth it..I mean you save a vast amount of money custom building things. I mean, factor in how many more hours of work you have to accomplish to afford a name-brand PC versus the hours it would take to save lots of money via learning to build a PC.

As I said, Time = Money, xD.

Volcompat321
Dec 21, 2009, 07:02 AM
On top of that, the fact you can get 4x the amount of "good" stuff in something you make yourself is worth it alone.
My friend made his computer about a year ago.
He didn't know how to put stuff in(he's not very...."smart" I guess you could say).
He bought all the stuff that sounded nice, checked from a PC store if everything was compatible, and he built a machine with: 16GB of DDR2 ram, 2Tb of HDD, ATI HD(7k series), forget which motherboard, but it was about $450. And bluetooth receiver, blu-ray reader/writer, 10, yes 10 USB slots, card readers, HDMI/VGA/S-Video input/output, and a few other small things.

This computer will probably last him forever, and he got it all for under $750.
My laptop cost a little bit less than that, and it's already crapping out. (well, it did, and I fixed it for now).

If he would have built a Dell, with even half of the stuff he has in it, it would have came out to be over about $2,300.
Ridiculous.

DreXxiN
Dec 21, 2009, 07:09 AM
16GB of DDR2 ram

Do want. :O

Though I heard there was a 16GB DDR3 deal for 100 dollars on NewEgg not too long ago.. XD

Can you say overkill?

Volcompat321
Dec 21, 2009, 07:12 AM
Wow...That is just...too much haha.
Hey, it's nice to have though. You know you'll almost never reach the full potential, but if you could, you know it's there, right?

I would kill for even 6GB of Ram.
I'm at 4 right now,(well, I guess 3.whatever Win7 is telling me I have).
I could use more.
Definitely need a new laptop(hell, I might even go desktop with my next PC).

Shinko
Dec 21, 2009, 07:38 AM
1.Racist People
And when I say this I don’t mean just white racist people. (Because people seem to think only white people can be racist nowadays) I mean anybody from any race that racist.

2.Super religious people
Don’t come trying to force your religion on me. I just can’t stand that. I believe there is a god and I’m a good person. If that not enough then oh f***ing well….

3.People who hate atheists
Look just because he/she don’t believe in god don’t make them a bad person. That’s that person life. Don’t force your view on them.

4.Homophobic People
By no mean am I’m gay but I don’t go around hating them. If that’s what they want to do with their life then let them be. Don’t force your view on them.

5.Sexists people
Just because you a man don’t make you better than a woman. You don’t own her in anyway. I hate man with this type of logic… This goes for woman too that hates all man and thinks men are the only ones that cause the world problems.

6.Grammar Freaks
I hate people that nic-pick at every little detail. Everyone not great writers. As long as it understandable then whatever. Don’t go blowing down on someone because he didn’t use the right “there” or misspelled 1 or 2 words.

7.Super Debaters
I mean it’s cool to debate sometimes but I hate when people try to debate you in everything. Can I just tell you about why I think something without people trying to debate me on it ALL THE TIME? If people say you’re a annoy person… think do you do this… if so then maybe that why they say that.

8.Easily Offended People
I mean come on people is going to say things that's mean and rude all the time. Get over it. If I was easily offended you know how many white people I would have beat down for calling me the n word? A LOT! People shouldn’t let everything get to them.

9.People who try to make other look bad
Why? Does it make you feel better now that you made this person look bad?

10.People who say looks don’t matter
It shouldn’t but it does. I mean come back to reality. Someone who looks good will get way more attention and response than some ugly person. Yes this is wrong but it’s the true. It matters in like almost everything you do. Especially in America.

DreXxiN
Dec 21, 2009, 07:50 AM
^ All too true.

Volcompat321
Dec 21, 2009, 07:58 AM
It pisses me off when arrogant older folks think just because you're young, you don't know anything.
Or that the older person couldn't possibly be wrong ever because they've been around longer.
Bitch, shut the fuck up.
I'm sure I've seen things you haven't, and I'm sure you've seen things I haven't.
Get the fuck over yourself, and grow up.

This has been bothering me for a long time now.
I know someone that thinks that stuff.

I'm sick of it.
Age means nothing when it comes to knowledge(within reason, I'm not talking about a 1 year old..) or intelligence.

DreXxiN
Dec 21, 2009, 08:01 AM
They are usually right, to a degree, but this doesn't denounce them from bearing ignorance...

I know what you mean, it can bother me too. However, if the elderly were to counter my logic, I'd think twice as their additional life experiences have to be accounted for.

Volcompat321
Dec 21, 2009, 08:06 AM
True, but I don't think you get what I mean.

This bitch is telling me something I know 100% is right, is wrong.

I have facts, and this person thinks they're right because they're older.
"I know I'm right, I'm smarter than you, because I have 25 years on you".
That is what pisses me off.

Also, would a 10 year old boy/girl with an IQ of 1938192389 be less smart than someone 25 years older than them?
No. It's about education, and remembering, recollection.(and many other things)

DreXxiN
Dec 21, 2009, 08:09 AM
Ah yes, my family used to pull that malevolent logic (well, rather lack there of,) on me all the time whenever I had displayed facts. That's usually their "last stand" so to speak, an act of desperacy in my eyes that really just makes me gag on how utterly childish those with so much more life experience, albeit having differences from our own, can act.

Volcompat321
Dec 21, 2009, 08:16 AM
Ah, now you get it. :wink:
It really is a shame. And the " " I used, is what this person actually said.

I honestly hate how people's logic works sometimes.
You cant have a conversation (with some debating) with people that say that type of stuff, because when they are wrong, it all goes back to "I'm older than you, you're wrong".
It just makes me want to shoot them in the brain with shutthefuckup. (now I sound like some crazy person).

Honestly, I have like 10 big pet peeves, and one of the top ones is telling me I cant do something because I'm young(outside law of course), or I don't know something because I'm young.
Another one would be being late. For any reason other than someone died/dead/hurt/car accident or anything along those lines. I just cannot stand those things.
There's a few more, but I don't care to list them right now.

Rust
Dec 21, 2009, 09:38 AM
Someone who looks good will get way more attention and response than some ugly person.

I tend to disagree.
Elephant Man got lots of attention in his time.

Meyfei
Dec 21, 2009, 10:10 AM
this pisses me off

[Spoiler-box] The current limit of all 3500 spots for free online players are currently in use. Become a Guardian and log in immediately at any time!

5635 Online Players (Refresh)
[/spoiler-box]

just 2-3 days ago the limit was at 6000, then 4000 and no matter when i try to login its, Bitch Pay us the damn money or dont bother playing!
Complete bull ;( Its the only thing i can try playing on this computer im "using" since i cant download anything, and Java is messed on this piece of crap so Runescape wont load. FAIL!!!

Leviathan
Dec 21, 2009, 11:26 AM
I'll admitedly say I've never custom built a laptop, so I'd have no clue what I was doing XD.

That was all I needed to hear.

Your argument is null.

Volcompat321
Dec 21, 2009, 11:48 AM
Laptops and desktops are completely different though, Levi.
I'm sure he's built a desktop.
It was only when I said something about my laptop, he said that.

Leviathan
Dec 21, 2009, 11:57 AM
Laptops and desktops are completely different though, Levi.
I'm sure he's built a desktop.
It was only when I said something about my laptop, he said that.

I was talking about a laptop the whole time.

Volcompat321
Dec 21, 2009, 11:59 AM
I didn't see you specify, so maybe that's where things got confusing.

Even so, that much for a laptop is ridiculous.
:p

And you should never "build" a laptop on those websites.
Even Best Buy and....Walmart have better deals that that.
While Dell isn't a horrible company, anything online like that will pretty much automatically (for anything good) get you above $1000.

Outrider
Dec 21, 2009, 12:15 PM

Your argument is null.

But you haven't built a laptop, so you wouldn't know what it's like either.

His argument is still valid. It might come off as a bit too pushy, but still quite valid.

Leviathan
Dec 21, 2009, 12:17 PM
Made a Macbook Pro on Apple's website.

Macbooks have 9400. 4GB DDR3.

It's been mentioned twice.

I don't buy anything from buying from Walmart. I checked Best Buy, it's cheaper sure, but GHz is laughable. Not to mention most of the companies selling it at that low make sub-sufficient computers.

Toshiba is terrible.
Gateway is alright.
Dell is weak.
Sony. I don't even have to start with them.
HP is the only one reliable.

And as I stated before. I prefer OS X. [Can I not stress this enough?] I am more used to it than Windows.

All through elementary we had Macs.
Middle school we never used computers.
High school was partial OS X and Windows.

Volcompat321
Dec 21, 2009, 12:26 PM
It's been mentioned twice.

I don't buy anything from buying from Walmart. I checked Best Buy, it's cheaper sure, but GHz is laughable. Not to mention most of the companies selling it at that low make sub-sufficient computers.

Toshiba is terrible.
Gateway is alright.
Dell is weak.
Sony. I don't even have to start with them.
HP is the only one reliable.

And as I stated before. I prefer OS X. [Can I not stress this enough?] I am more used to it than Windows.

All through elementary we had Macs.
Middle school we never used computers.
High school was partial OS X and Windows.

Still not mentioning a laptop PC.. :o Though if I noticed that before, I would have assumed laptop.

Gateway is great, with some minor overheating problems, fixable by some thermal compound. Pain in the ass yes, but not "alright".
Other than the overheating, it's the best investment I've ever made.
Sony, they're great, but a bit on the expensive side. (more for programs, and not gaming anyway).
I don't see how the GHz are laughable. They are normal. Even mine has 2.6GHz, and it's a $~650 laptop new, definitely cheaper now.

I'm not trying to persuade you to go Windows, cause I'd hate anyone to try and tell me to go Mac. I just want some facts out there.

Leviathan
Dec 21, 2009, 12:48 PM
Still not mentioning a laptop PC.. :o Though if I noticed that before, I would have assumed laptop.

Macbook/ Macbook Pro is the term for all Apple notebooks.

Volcompat321
Dec 21, 2009, 12:50 PM
I meant when you talked about pricing for a PC on Dell or Gateway, whichever you said.
I know the laptops are Macbooks and Pros.

Leviathan
Dec 21, 2009, 12:57 PM
I meant when you talked about pricing for a PC on Dell or Gateway, whichever you said.
I know the laptops are Macbooks and Pros.

Why would I compare a laptop to a PC? :disapprove:

Volcompat321
Dec 21, 2009, 01:06 PM
Because, they are used for different things for the most part.
Why not?
I will admit, sometimes certain programs run better on Mac, because they are made for Mac.
Desktops are a lot more powerful than mostly any laptop you can buy. (obviously there are crappy desktops, and laptops, I don't mean literally all or most).

Leviathan
Dec 21, 2009, 01:17 PM
Because, they are used for different things for the most part.
Why not?
I will admit, sometimes certain programs run better on Mac, because they are made for Mac.
Desktops are a lot more powerful than mostly any laptop you can buy. (obviously there are crappy desktops, and laptops, I don't mean literally all or most).

I'm not planning on buying a desktop anytime soon.

I'm pissed off that I can't find Pokemon Diamond. It SHOULD be in my game case but it's not.

Tetsaru
Dec 21, 2009, 04:56 PM
Pokemon Diamond, eh? I've been playing through my copy of it over again, due to lack of fun games to play lately (at least until Christmas rolls around, or I have some friends online to play Uncharted 2 or Warhawk with). I had no knowledge of the whole Effort Value/Independent Value system of the games until just recently... I just thought, if I catch something at a lower level and raise it, it'll have higher stats than a wild pokemon of the same level as what I raised it to... boy was I wrong, lol. I'll still need to beat the game over again and do some online trading (if people still play enough, anyway) before I can start raising my "dream team." Avoiding the legendaries, I'm looking at Tyranitaur, Metagross, Blissey, Spiritomb, Lanturn, and Breloom, though I've got several others in mind too.

As far as the whole building/buying your own PC/Mac, I'm still using my Dell desktop PC that I got probably... 3 years ago...? It cost about $2K for a 2.4 Ghz dual-core processor, 2 GB of RAM, a 250 GB hard drive, a 20" flatscreen monitor, and I think it was a 7800 series Nvidia graphics card, which I had to replace along with my power supply with a friend's old parts, thanks to a storm hitting it while I was out of town. Other than that, it has held up pretty well, but I'm definitely buying from Newegg next time. As far as whether or not I'll get another desktop or a laptop... not sure yet. If I do get another desktop, I should be able to build my own with a bit of help from my friends.

Outrider
Dec 21, 2009, 05:49 PM
I'm actually genuinely excited about the holidays and being able to see my family and all that, but jeez - I've still got some work to do this week (which I didn't realize until I got called into a meeting today), I have to finish my shopping, clean up my room for when my brothers come home, I have to convince my grandmother that spending Christmas day with the family is better than having everybody go visit a week after, etc.

So, definitely a little frazzled.

DreXxiN
Dec 21, 2009, 06:38 PM

Your argument is null.

Roflmao.

Okay Levi. :). I'll just smile.

Epically Leet
Dec 21, 2009, 08:43 PM
Your arguing pisses me off.

And also the fact that I let a guy borrow my copy of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. He had it for like 2-3 years, and then I asked my big brother (as he met him more often than me/at all) to ask about the game, and that guy claimed he had let a guy he knew borrow it -- who later claimed he never did (and that he didn't even have a N64 and would be unable to play).

Not sure what I should believe. But it pisses me off.

DreXxiN
Dec 21, 2009, 10:25 PM
Your arguing pisses me off.

Strange since I ended it.

And also the fact that I let a guy borrow my copy of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. He had it for like 2-3 years, and then I asked my big brother (as he met him more often than me/at all) to ask about the game, and that guy claimed he had let a guy he knew borrow it -- who later claimed he never did (and that he didn't even have a N64 and would be unable to play).
I know about that kind of situation, really sucks.

ashley50
Dec 22, 2009, 01:40 AM
The stupidity of gamers nowadays. They can't think enough...

they shouldn't even be playing games at all. Esp the ones here...

They don't have effing common sense...

Leviathan
Dec 22, 2009, 03:37 AM
I'm slightly pissed off at games being lazily made.

I was replaying Starfox: Adventures and everything in the game was beautiful. The reflections, the plants, the road, the architecture of the palaces. [Cloud Runner was a favorite.]

I don't care if it took Rare forever to make the game, they did a dandy job with it

Why can't more of that eye candy in games? :disapprove:

Tetsaru
Dec 22, 2009, 04:30 AM
I'd love to see a new Starfox game, in full HD, with NO motion controls, and a "choose your own path" system just like Starfox 64 (best game of the series, imo). Being able to switch vehicles or go on foot in Assault was fun (reminds me a lot of Warhawk, now that I think about it), but the level design suffered a bit when they threw Arwings into a mostly ground-based level... after infiltrating a small base, you'd feel like you were flying loops inside a cage because there just wasn't much space left. I haven't played Adventures, but it just seems to me that Nintendo has taken Starfox in so many directions that it's difficult to say how they'll handle their next game... wow, starting to sound like what's been going on with Sonic lately... =x

ashley50
Dec 22, 2009, 10:17 AM
Importers who have no Effing clue what they are doing and then making topics about they can't understand moonspeak runes and shit...

They should NOT be playing it in the first place!

Volcompat321
Dec 22, 2009, 10:45 AM
Hey, I don't understand Japanese at all, and I play.
Though, I don't make stupid topics. (I usually read first).
Or, if I do have a question, I use someone else's thread. hahe.

Epically Leet
Dec 22, 2009, 10:52 AM
Strange since I ended it.

I didn't aim that at you. ;)

ashley50
Dec 22, 2009, 12:47 PM
@Volcompatt
Hey I know...its mainly those who make stupid topics mainly that pisses me off.

Volcompat321
Dec 22, 2009, 12:58 PM
@Volcompatt
Hey I know...its mainly those who make stupid topics mainly that pisses me off.

I'm not sure which you're talking about.
I pretty much only stay in the Movie/screenshots and the accomplishments section.
I just browse the rest, and when I see something I want to comment on, I do.

Which ones were you referring to?

Also, what pisses me off-
I just made a cheeseburger, and for some reason, after I made it, and after looking at it, I just don't want to eat it anymore.
I will, because I'm hungry and already made it, but it just doesn't look appetizing at all. :(

ashley50
Dec 22, 2009, 01:03 PM
oh...I'm sorry I didn't mean it was you. I meant other people.

Volcompat321
Dec 22, 2009, 01:07 PM
Yea, I know. :p
I was just wondering which topics you were referring to.
I'm just curious. :D

ashley50
Dec 22, 2009, 01:15 PM
oh topics like...

"What does a Shield do?" >_> Its common sense what a shield does right? :l

"Dual wielding shields" ...that is just...hrrrrmm

Volcompat321
Dec 22, 2009, 01:26 PM
Haha, yea, I know what you mean then.
I saw quite a few topics like that.

Meyfei
Dec 22, 2009, 01:28 PM
The stupidity of gamers nowadays. They can't think enough...

/cry
The few gamers out here like to say: "I rock at this and that game, im the best!" but throw them infront of a simple game and they'd be like "WTF WTF HOW I DO DAT!?" I feel the same way as you do. Many times when trying the most simplist task they'd be like: I give up!.
(edit: noticed above post, i was slightly off, but yeah i understand what ya mean.)

Another thing that gets me, mostly online, is when talking to someone or, looking in Help topics/questions (like on Kijiji Replies) and people end a question like this:

"How do i *Something stupid and poorly spelled with wuts and dats*??????????????????????"

and to make it slightly more annoying, its capitalized, or in a chat window similar to msn, they say "hello?????" u "thare?????" like 2 seconds after it. It's like STFU im trying to read your first question, but its kinda hard with the 50million question marks your spamming me with

and what makes it worse is when someone most likely not used to english spells it like:

"How to do thing where get item to contenue??????????????????????"

While leaving out most detailed info, if you help and they dont like how you worded the answer or something stupid, they'll basically try ripping your head off and tell you to never post/try helping anyone again, as if they think they own what ever it is your replying to them in.

Leviathan
Dec 22, 2009, 02:21 PM
Also, what pisses me off-
I just made a cheeseburger, and for some reason, after I made it, and after looking at it, I just don't want to eat it anymore.
I will, because I'm hungry and already made it, but it just doesn't look appetizing at all. :(

This happens to a lot of people.

Epically Leet
Dec 22, 2009, 02:30 PM
Great. Now he can feel normal.

Volcompat321
Dec 22, 2009, 02:34 PM
This happens to a lot of people.
Really? :o
Interesting.
It's never(that I can remember) happened to me. :p

Great. Now he can feel normal.

So, I'm not "normal" already? :o

thunder-ray
Dec 22, 2009, 02:55 PM
Really? :o
Interesting.
It's never(that I can remember) happened to me. :pThis has actually happened to me quite A few times.

So, I'm not "normal" already? :oVolcompat you are normal end of story :ak:.

Volcompat321
Dec 22, 2009, 03:20 PM
Haha, right. :P

No need to shoot at me! :wacko:

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Dec 22, 2009, 05:14 PM
People who import games, play it, and act real cocky because they're playin a game that won't come out in english for about 1-2 years. Oh and they also need a guide to understand it. Kinda like with Final Fantasy 13 and PSP2. Get off your high horse or I'll kick you down myself, along with the horse you weaboo c**t!.

People who cry when they lose in PvP. I was playin DFO (Dungeon Fighter Online) last night with my Striker JinKyong (It means Beautiful Jewel in Korean) and I won against some gunner. Lo' and behold he start crying about how he shoulda won the match because "Strikers suck and Gunners are teh beast PvPers!". He then proceeded to call me a gold seller and hacker. Which was funny but it pissed me off at the same time. Is everyone who does PvP a complete child? Can I not play against someone who is mature and won't threaten to "Hax mah account" because I'm a stupid nub? Jesus H. Christ.

Oh and since I'm stil in the process of passing this oak tree that is lodged in my ass here is the tl;dr version.

Rant 1: Cocky weaboos drive me into a murderous rage.

Rant 2: Grow the hell up when playing PvP. There will ALWAYS be someone better than you.

Leviathan
Dec 22, 2009, 06:17 PM
I'm sure the making food and then not being hungry thing comes from the fact that you are filling your eyes before you even eat making you feel full.

Dec 22, 2009, 08:14 PM
People who do drugs, people who think they're better than everyone else, people who are mean to everyone.

Really though, these all have to be extreme cases, I'm pretty calm and don't get mad very easily.

And when I get hit by a blue shell at the end of a match in mario kart wii.:-P

Volcompat321
Dec 22, 2009, 08:26 PM
Rant 1: Cocky weaboos drive me into a murderous rage.

I keep hearing this weaboos thing. I know I asked before, but what is it? :o

I'm sure the making food and then not being hungry thing comes from the fact that you are filling your eyes before you even eat making you feel full.

Maybe. I know when I made that juicy burger, I was hungry as hell. Hadn't eaten in over 15 hours at that point.
I think the burger just didn't look good anymore. :/

Meyfei
Dec 22, 2009, 08:47 PM

Maybe. I know when I made that juicy burger, I was hungry as hell. Hadn't eaten in over 15 hours at that point.
I think the burger just didn't look good anymore. :/

:( mayby it didnt look as good as it did in your mind, and it dissapointed you.

As for pissing me off:
Starting a new character in BB after deleting a purplenum(14X) for w/e reason, and finding a Mil Lily just to find out
Viridia:
Vhard:Caves Pouilly Slime 7/8
Ultimate:Caves Mil Lily 1/2
They both drop God/power

Zarode
Dec 22, 2009, 10:33 PM
Wow, that is sad. Sorry for your disappointment, Meyfei.

Know what pisses me off? People who blame me for not having a product in. Especially during this time of the year. Is it my fault you decided to wait till the last possible moment to Christmas shop? No. Fuck you and your procrastination, you had a fucking year to think about the perfect gift purchase.

And fuck anyone who argues against me.

Tetsaru
Dec 22, 2009, 11:51 PM
People who think these new motion control designs are going to be the future of gaming just because the Wii is selling well. Not everyone is going to be willing to do jumping jacks and arm flailing to play their games, plus you make a fool of yourself doing so.

Also - not being able to display my favorite trophy card image for my signature, just because the byte size is too high. I don't think one image is going to crash your new servers, PSOW... >_>

Randomness
Dec 23, 2009, 01:14 AM
2 things in combination: My brother and MW2.

He's obsessed with the game. He wants to play against me split screen. And then the stupidest shit happens. For instance, we have the same weapon, I jump him, open fire, he turns, opens fire, and kills me. Neither of us are moving. The RNG for bullet spread or whatever gives him all hits and me all misses. Then when I call it luck he just tells me to shut up. Then there's the weapons. What kind of moron decided to make the riot shield literally bulletproof, and cover you entirely when crouching, except for one toe on your left foot. When not moving. At all. Either that or its possible to get a richochet through the floor. Or assault rifles. You take one that's 3-round burst or single shot, and compare it to a full auto weapon... that has exactly the same accuracy over basically any range, and is better in close because its full auto. (For that matter, why isn't there a mode change?) I wasn't aware it was possible to hold a gun perfectly or near-perfectly steady while its shooting off its whole clip in 3-4 seconds. Much less to have the first 5-6 shots be dead on. That, or my brother is getting damned lucky again. Accuracy is a worthless stat, because the number does nothing. Everything of a type seems to have effectively the same accuracy, because anything with half the accuracy will have double the fire rate... and then they'll consider low accuracy worthy of making it hit harder too. Stun grenades are the most unrealistic thing in the game. What kind of grenade makes you move slower? Last I checked, flashbangs are supposed to disorient (Works well on AI, but just whites a human's screen. How the hell do you fire straight without a sense of balance?) Then stun grenades are just shooting pellets and noise/concussion... did they poison them or something. (For that matter, would the pellets even work through body armor designed to resist BULLETS?) The part that gets me the most is my brother won't admit anything was due to luck at all. Ever. The only reason I play with him anymore is because he'll just hover, pace in and out of the room, etc...

/minirant

DreXxiN
Dec 23, 2009, 09:35 AM
I'd just like to add that you can melee someone with the riot shield pretty easily...owait screenwatching... BWAHAHA.

Sorry, man.

Outrider
Dec 23, 2009, 11:22 AM

It's sort of a catch-all term for people who are obsessed with Japanese culture (and I think anime, in particular.)

Wow, that is sad. Sorry for your disappointment, Meyfei.

Know what pisses me off? People who blame me for not having a product in. Especially during this time of the year. Is it my fault you decided to wait till the last possible moment to Christmas shop? No. Fuck you and your procrastination, you had a fucking year to think about the perfect gift purchase.

And fuck anyone who argues against me.

Yeah - some people just can't accept that they made a mistake, especially when it's them against someone "serving" them.

I really hate it when people try to give a store clerk or waiter some kind of crap for no good reason. It's like - what makes you so special that you think you can belittle somebody who's just doing their job?

It's one thing if you've been legitimately wronged as a consumer - they continuously ignore you or show you disrespect - but some people seem so quick to jump down their throat and it just bothers me. If I'm out for lunch or dinner, I'm not going to freak out if the waiter/waitress makes a mistake. I'm an adult and I can live with it.

And to wrangle this bad boy back on-topic, if I go to a store and they're sold out of something (especially if it's the week before Christmas), then I accept that I should have gotten there earlier.

People who think these new motion control designs are going to be the future of gaming just because the Wii is selling well. Not everyone is going to be willing to do jumping jacks and arm flailing to play their games, plus you make a fool of yourself doing so.

Give it a rest, kid.

Volcompat321
Dec 23, 2009, 11:31 AM
It's sort of a catch-all term for people who are obsessed with Japanese culture (and I think anime, in particular.)

Oh, okay.
Well, now that I think about it, I know someone just like that, and I tell him he's creepy all the time. (He's been my friend for 12 years or so, so it's okay to call him creepy lol).

I don't like anything Japanese, because it's Japanese.
(PSU for example. It's just a decent game).
Another example would be other Japanese games.
Like Demon's Souls. (actually, I didn't even know that was Japanese until the logo came up. :o)

I just think it's weird. Nothing wrong with it really, because you cant help what race you were born, but sometimes those people just need to keep it to themselves.

Outrider
Dec 23, 2009, 12:00 PM
Oh, okay.
Well, now that I think about it, I know someone just like that, and I tell him he's creepy all the time. (He's been my friend for 12 years or so, so it's okay to call him creepy lol).

I don't like anything Japanese, because it's Japanese.
(PSU for example. It's just a decent game).
Another example would be other Japanese games.
Like Demon's Souls. (actually, I didn't even know that was Japanese until the logo came up. :o)

I just think it's weird. Nothing wrong with it really, because you cant help what race you were born, but sometimes those people just need to keep it to themselves.

Sorry, I should have elaborated - it's mostly refers to non-Japanese people who are obsessed with Japanese culture.

Volcompat321
Dec 23, 2009, 12:33 PM
Oh. lol
:o

thunder-ray
Dec 23, 2009, 01:58 PM
I'd just like to add that you can melee someone with the riot shield pretty easily...owait screenwatching... BWAHAHA.

Sorry, man.Yeah its fun when you ram into people with the riot shield :D

Also - not being able to display my favorite trophy card image for my signature, just because the byte size is too high. I don't think one image is going to crash your new servers, PSOW... >_>Oh boy.....

amtalx
Dec 23, 2009, 02:39 PM
@Randomness: Next time your brother tries to use a Riot Shield, enable Lightweight and charge him first. Sidestep and knife him in the ear. Its very easy and incredibly embarrassing for the Riot Shield user.

Or just Semtex his shield... :p

Randomness
Dec 23, 2009, 05:06 PM
@Randomness: Next time your brother tries to use a Riot Shield, enable Lightweight and charge him first. Sidestep and knife him in the ear. Its very easy and incredibly embarrassing for the Riot Shield user.

Or just Semtex his shield... :p

Sadly, Semtex is a one-shot deal without scavenger. I'll try the lightweight thing though.

Leviathan
Dec 23, 2009, 07:29 PM
I feel left out in almost everything at school.

Tons of people have cars and are getting scholarships.

I'm $10,000 from getting a car and I'm pretty sure no one will give me a scholarship.

This is really frustrating.

Why can't I have nice things?

I'm a nice person. I've been through hell and back this year, can I get some rewards from that? :disapprove:

Sayara
Dec 24, 2009, 12:25 AM
Nice people dont get shit,
its the sad truth in life.

@ Test: The rules are the rules.

anyway: Headaches. 156/357
and the anxiety of getting tested for brain tumors/celiac disease.

DreXxiN
Dec 24, 2009, 01:31 PM
Nice people dont get shit,
its the sad truth in life.

Vanzazikon
Dec 24, 2009, 03:17 PM
it teh trooth

Leviathan
Dec 24, 2009, 07:44 PM
Truth here, confirming the truth.

Volcompat321
Dec 24, 2009, 09:18 PM
I'm not a nice person, where's my good stuff?

What pisses me off-
Chargers. I broke my PSP charger, and battery somehow, so my friend gave me his older PSP battery.
I have a PSP 2000, and it can USB charge.
Well, mine is broke, so I'm looking around the house, and found a charger that will fit.
It's a 4.5v charger, and the PSP takes 5v...LAME!
So it wont charge, and I don't want to drive to my friends house, just to charge my PSP for 10 minutes.
Cause once I have it on, I can USB charge it. Darn thing.
I even tried using my phone charger, which goes through USB, but it wont charge unless the PSP is on. :(
So tomorrow, I have to find a store selling chargers, hopefully they're open, and have one.

DreXxiN
Dec 24, 2009, 10:22 PM
I agree sometimes it seems more of a hindrance than anything to be nice, but usually it's just having a victim complex over it. Sorry things aren't working out for you guys though. I guess things suck for me too, but maybe I'm too overappreciative to care..which is probably a bad thing.

Volcompat321
Dec 24, 2009, 10:30 PM
Eh, things are fine for me, other than the battery/charger thing.
Actually, I'm the happiest now, than I've been in a long time. :D
Thanks to a special girl I've been seeing for the last few months. :D:D

Everyone, have a merry Christmas, or whatever you celebrate.
Get drunk, and tell us what ya got. :P

DreXxiN
Dec 24, 2009, 10:35 PM
Telling people to get drunk is bad advice since everyone will think you're trying to be cool. On the positive side, grats on the chick, man ;)

I hope it works out for you.

Volcompat321
Dec 24, 2009, 10:38 PM
Haha, only non-cool people think telling people to get drunk is "cool". :p
Yea, I hope it all works out.
Not trying to get married or anything yet, cause that's crazy talk.
But I do enjoy the company, and her brother is pretty cool. (:omancrushlol...jk).

EDIT: Okay, I found this plug for something, and it fits, and I'm thinking about cutting these wires to make it work.
Hopefully it will work until I can get a new charger.

DreXxiN
Dec 24, 2009, 10:42 PM
Wow, a chick with a nifty sibling, eh? You really nailed it lucky this time.

Volcompat321
Dec 24, 2009, 10:46 PM
Haha, well he's more my age. The woman friend is 3 years older. :p
I went to school with her brother, so its pretty cool, I think.

DreXxiN
Dec 24, 2009, 10:49 PM
Ah, not too akward for him I hope. :P

Volcompat321
Dec 24, 2009, 10:59 PM
Not my problem. hehe.
He's cool. He's took me out for drinks before, to "get to know me better", and brought his stepdad, and they were pretty cool.
So I don't think it's too awkward.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Dec 24, 2009, 11:36 PM
Heh, the dark witch wishes all you single people out there a Happy and Merry Christmas while those who have "hooked" up together walk into a burning furnace and die.

And by Dark Witch I mean the girl I had previously dubbed "Cow Tits" and my ex-nemesis. Guh, I miss those fun times where we would hate each other SO MUCH we would plan how to take kill the other in a glorified manner. Now apparently she is getting friendly with me and awfully clingy. Whispering things like "I will turn you into the most bueatiful man!" and the such in some sultry tone.

I DON"T LIKE IT! It weirds me out like watching those Marble Hornet videos! I gotta find a site that teaches you how to make talismans! DESPAIR!

As for your local Miko however it's completely different. All ya'll have a fundacious X-Mas and drink responsibly! I don't wanna hear any of you guys gettin pulled over or waking up in a hospital. I'll sic little Miss Wierdo Witch on ya! I know for a fact that no one wants a brunette smothering you with her chest while asking questions like "Why did you do something so stupid like drinking and driving?" and "Did your parents drop you on your head or something?".

Tetsaru
Dec 24, 2009, 11:48 PM
I know for a fact that no one wants a brunette smothering you with her chest

Send her down here, ASAP! =D

And Merry Christmas to everyone! :3