PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2014, 10:36 AM
Is it possible to obtain Ra Barta in current LQ?

I'm aiming for lv 16, but still no luck so far .... I wonder if I looked at the wrong place :/
I needed that additional freeze chance for support purpose.

If it's not possible in current LQ, where can I find it?

I'm already using Force btw.

Thank you.You get it anywhere I guess. The JP wiki doesn't have any specific drop information so I assume there aren't specific enemis that drop it.

final_attack
Aug 3, 2014, 10:46 AM
Oh .... thank you very much ^^

I saw that too in JP wiki, so I was wondering if I can get it in current LQ or not ^^;

Well, I'll keep looking while trying to cap my Fo in LQ then ..... thank you very much ^^

the_importer_
Aug 3, 2014, 10:48 AM
Anybody else gets this when starting PSO2:

http://i61.tinypic.com/s471pu.png

I think the most annoying part is that it opens up the GameGuard website in IE -_-

final_attack
Aug 3, 2014, 10:58 AM
Yep, happens quite a lot actually (for me). Mostly after PSO2 randomly crashed in-game ....... along with ..... Drivers crashing one after another, along with Windows system ......eventually leads to BSOD ... slowly, but surely.

Don't send -> opens web page in IE -> close IE -> Game run normally.

GameGuard should fix that -.-

the_importer_
Aug 3, 2014, 11:12 AM
Yep, happens quite a lot actually (for me). Mostly after PSO2 randomly crashed in-game ....... along with ..... Drivers crashing one after another, along with Windows system ......eventually leads to BSOD ... slowly, but surely.

PSO2 never crashes on me, I always quit normally.

Don't send -> opens web page in IE -> close IE -> Game run normally.

GameGuard should fix that -.-

That's what I do, I just find it annoying.

IndigoNovember
Aug 3, 2014, 11:14 AM
Whenever this happens I force GameGuard to redownload itself by either using the "Fix GameGuard Errors" option under Troubleshooting in AIDA's Tweaker or I manually delete the GameGuard folder.

BIG OLAF
Aug 3, 2014, 11:36 AM
what rare duck?

did you mean the purple Talobecko?

its been released ever since they released Seabed AQ.

it drops a 10* rod with Crimson Crystal latent (Fire Tech)

Yeah sure, whatever it's called.

I'd never seen one until yesterday in the LQ, so I was just wondering.

Achelousaurus
Aug 3, 2014, 01:23 PM
thanks, already found one in tunnels though.

Also, I also get that gameguard error without crashes. Dunno why.

Skyly
Aug 3, 2014, 03:42 PM
Where does Ill-barta drop?

Tournesol
Aug 3, 2014, 03:48 PM
Where does Ill-barta drop?

Il-barta drops in Tundra SH AQ

HeyItsTHK
Aug 3, 2014, 03:53 PM
What's the solution to dealing with Loser's merry-go-round move where he just spins very slowly with his swords, but just fast enough where you can't outrun it.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Aug 3, 2014, 04:01 PM
if your a force user you can dash through it

Rakurai
Aug 3, 2014, 04:07 PM
You can outrun it if you simply stay close to him.

I can't help but find it amusing that there always seems to be multiple people in each group who don't realize that it takes longer to run around the edge of a circle then it does to do loops towards its center.

Daiyousei
Aug 3, 2014, 04:15 PM
not only do you have a bigger distance to cover on the outside but the sword also travels fastest at the tip.

Hatsodoom
Aug 3, 2014, 04:22 PM
Anyone know where I can find the music that plays during the first Hadred fight? I could only find the Chrome Dragon duel music.

Edit: Nevermind, =P

GHNeko
Aug 3, 2014, 04:59 PM
You can outrun it if you simply stay close to him.

I can't help but find it amusing that there always seems to be multiple people in each group who don't realize that it takes longer to run around the edge of a circle then it does to do loops towards its center.

not only do you have a bigger distance to cover on the outside but the sword also travels fastest at the tip.

And they said Geometry would never be useful outside of school!

Guess we should those guys!

WNxTyr4el
Aug 3, 2014, 05:22 PM
1.) How do I take party members with me on quests (NPCs or Friends)?
2.) Will I always be taking quests from the counter? Will story quests appear here?
3.) Is Force a good beginner class or should I choose something else? I just like the magic aspect :P
4.) Why am I dying so much?...
5.) Where will I be getting most of my weapons an armor? Drops, shop, etc?
6.) Where can I buy a costume?
7.) Can you buy costumes with USD? If so, how and where? Does Ark Layer offer that (thought I saw something on it)
8.) How much do costumes cost in USD from the cash shop (if #7 is yes)?

Thanks for the help! If you want to feel free to add me in game, Tyr4el (Ship 2)

GHNeko
Aug 3, 2014, 05:34 PM
1. NPCs you can take with you from the partner terminal in the campship after you accept a quest. Real life people you have to invite into a party from the party commands submenu within the community menu of the main menu. they can also join your party after you take on a quest. NOTE: you cannot invite people to your party after you accept a quest.

2. Yes. You will.

3. FO is a fine beginner class.

4. Because you either havn't learn the enemy patterns and get hit a lot, or you mistime your dodges, or you dont have enough HP and/or aren't healing fast enough, or your defense is low. This game has attacks that do a lot of damage easily plus stunlocking is a big problem in the game.

5. You'll be getting most of your equips from either drops or the player shops..

6. Playershop. There is an NPC costume shop but they only offer basic stuff.

7. You can't buy costumes with USD. You can get AC through Webmoney or through PSO2es and buy AC Scratches that may give you costumes if you're lucky.

8. 100 AC = 100YEN = ~1$ USD. So you may get lucky and get a costume at random from your first AC Scratch which would mean it would cost at least ~2$.

Skyly
Aug 3, 2014, 06:09 PM
How does Arks Scratch work exactly. Are costumes only scratch able? What's the 5000AC scratch and what's the 2000AC one?

Hatsodoom
Aug 3, 2014, 06:13 PM
Ok, new problem. I'm trying to do the Arkz Battle Tournament story mission and after the first cutscene on Neubaris it just goes black. Music still plays, I can type, but it never loads. What gives?

HeyItsTHK
Aug 3, 2014, 07:00 PM
If I delete my second freebie character can I still make a second character or do I lose that slot forever?

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2014, 07:05 PM
If I delete my second freebie character can I still make a second character or do I lose that slot forever?As long as you have less than 2 characters you can make one for free I believe. Did you make a 3rd character?

WNxTyr4el
Aug 3, 2014, 07:05 PM
1.) Where can I buy more Techniques (I.e dark, lightning, ice, etc)?
2.) Why does the summary window at the end of completing a zone say I earned 0 XP? Is it because I took Free teammates?
3.) Are the quests meant to be solo'd?
4.) Should I just complete every quest that pops up? I feel I'm leveling kind of slow. I'm taking the quests as they appear at the counter and taking them from whoever has them in the station
5.) When do I get my sub job?
6.) How do the equips work for the armor? They just add stats?
7.) I'm looking for T-ATK as an FO, right?
8.) What are possible subs for an FO? I was thinking gunner
9.) Is it unheard of to not use your Rod or Pole or whatever as an FO?
10.) Found the player shop, I can just search for anything on there? I'm level 5, should I get a third weapon?
11.) I found a RARE WEAPON in a field on a quest. How do I identify it?

HeyItsTHK
Aug 3, 2014, 07:08 PM
As long as you have less than 2 characters you can make one for free I believe. Did you make a 3rd character?

Nope never made a 3rd.

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2014, 07:10 PM
Nope never made a 3rd.Then yeah, it's fine. Just make sure you put anything you want to keep in your storage.

2.) Why does the summary window at the end of completing a zone say I earned 0 XP? Is it because I took Free teammates?
4.) Should I just complete every quest that pops up? I feel I'm leveling kind of slow. I'm taking the quests as they appear at the counter and taking them from whoever has them in the station
10.) Found the player shop, I can just search for anything on there? I'm level 5, should I get a third weapon?
11.) I found a RARE WEAPON in a field on a quest. How do I identify it?

You have to get techs from drops, they drop more often if your main class is force or techer, but some only drop from rare enemies/bosses. If you want to buy them you can buy them (up to level 10) in the player shops. there's a list of all the techs in the JP version here (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/others_5.php#nav)
It always says that. I don't think the exp reward thing has ever been used (which is lame)
All of them are technically soloable but, Arks Quests, Free Field Quests, and Story Quests are the best for it, for the others having other people around makes them go smoother. Expecially extreme, advanced, time attack, and emergency quests.
Doing COs (client orders) is important for leveling. It's a good idea to do all the quests to make sure you have them unlocked, but COs are where you're going to be getting most of your exp. And don't forget that some of them are redoable. EDIT: I forgot to add that Coffee/Koffee is the one who gives you the client orders to unlock new areas and difficulties, her COs are VERY important.
You get a CO to unlock subclasing at level 20 or 25, IIRC
I'm not sure I understand this one, but yes, units just add stats. Most of them have set bonuses though, so it's a good idea to get a full set instead of mixing and matching (unless it's a 2 part set, then you can just use whatever you want for the 3rd). Some units also have hidden bonuses like % based resistances and extra hp or pp.
Yup T-atk for forces
Fighter is good for a general damage bonus. Braver is good for hitting weaknesses especially for fire/ice/lightning techs (because of weak stance). Techer is good for PP management and/or using wind/dark techs.
I'm not sure what you mean with this. If you mean using a talis, then no, that's pretty common with talis tech bonus around. If you mean using a gunslash then people only ever use them to recover pp from range quickly. Any other weapon wouldn't be worth using as a force main outside of REALLY specific situations.
If by 3rd you mean a talis then go for it.
The tekker is beside the equipment upgrading people.

Rain Walker
Aug 3, 2014, 07:11 PM
If I delete my second freebie character can I still make a second character or do I lose that slot forever?

You keep it.

How does Arks Scratch work exactly. Are costumes only scratch able? What's the 5000AC scratch and what's the 2000AC one?

The 5000 one lets you scratch the gold (name ends with a G) scratch 11 times while 2200 one gives 12. The difference is you can only get the costumes in the golden scratch while the regular one gives accessories, eyes, grind items, boost etc. 200AC for a regular scratch and 500 for a gold one if you don't have that much to waste on the bundle :-P

Skyly
Aug 3, 2014, 07:11 PM

1. From player shops. You can purchase them up to LV 10
2. Don't know
3. Doesn't matter.
4. Complete quests and koffie's COs to unlock new areas
5. After a certain level you'll unlock a CO to obtain a sub class
6. Yes
7. Yes and make HP.. IMO
8. Fo/Te
9.Yeah?? Not sure what you're asking.
10. Yeah search item names in JP and ability names in EN.

Skyly
Aug 3, 2014, 07:13 PM
The 5000 one lets you scratch the gold (name ends with a G) scratch 11 times while 2200 one gives 12. The difference is you can only get the costumes in the golden scratch while the regular one gives accessories, eyes, grind items, boost etc. 200AC for a regular scratch and 500 for a gold one if you don't have that much to waste on the bundle :-P

What's the best option when scratching AC? The 500 or 200?

Hatsodoom
Aug 3, 2014, 07:15 PM
Ok, new problem. I'm trying to do the Arkz Battle Tournament story mission and after the first cutscene on Neubaris it just goes black. Music still plays, I can type, but it never loads. What gives?

Come on, help me out here. Also it happens regardless of which character I pick on the campship. Apperently it loads a cinematic after that cutscene.

Skyly
Aug 3, 2014, 07:22 PM
Come on, help me out here. Also it happens regardless of which character I pick on the campship. Apperently it loads a cinematic after that cutscene.

Maybe the story patch makes things buggy? Uninstall the story patch and try it. Also try and run a file check and see if you have all the necessary files for PSO2.

Renderless
Aug 3, 2014, 07:29 PM

If you go to the latest posts in the Story patch thread, you will see that other people have the issue. Simply uninstall the story patch and it will be fixed.

If you want to see the translated scenes, just do to mission then reinstall the story patch and watch it from the event chronicle.

Hatsodoom
Aug 3, 2014, 07:31 PM
Maybe the story patch makes things buggy? Uninstall the story patch and try it. Also try and run a file check and see if you have all the necessary files for PSO2.

I clicked "Check for PSO2 Updates" in the Tweaker and it downloaded... something. It's checking files now, we'll see if it worked in a bit.

If you go to the latest posts in the Story patch thread, you will see that other people have the issue. Simply uninstall the story patch and it will be fixed.

If you want to see the translated scenes, just do to mission then reinstall the story patch and watch it from the event chronicle.

Oh, so this is an already known issue. Man I really don't want to uninstall the patch, but I may have to.

Skyly
Aug 3, 2014, 08:12 PM
How long will the new Limited Quest be available?

GHNeko
Aug 3, 2014, 08:15 PM
I think it was until 9/9? That or 9/10.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 3, 2014, 08:17 PM
Anyone know what planet crystals are for? I keep finding Nab/Amducia/Lilipa crystals.

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2014, 08:21 PM
Anyone know what planet crystals are for? I keep finding Nab/Amducia/Lilipa crystals.They're for the temporary ability crafting for units.

GHNeko
Aug 3, 2014, 08:26 PM
They will give special effects like HP Regen or RDR Boosts, but they only last for 7 (14 if Great Success) days and proc in specific areas like Forest or Ruins.

It's super situational, but very useful.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 3, 2014, 08:42 PM
1.) How do I unlock more skills for my weapons?

Thanks!

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2014, 08:46 PM
1.) How do I unlock more skills for my weapons?

Thanks!Skills or PAs? You get skills from your skill tree but not all of them are weapon specific.

If you mean PAs then it's the same as Techs.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 3, 2014, 08:50 PM
Skills or PAs? You get skills from your skill tree but not all of them are weapon specific.

If you mean PAs then it's the same as Techs.

Meaning player shops?

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2014, 08:52 PM
Meaning player shops?Or finding them. If you're only level 5 you might not be able to use any of the disks in player shops yet because of the stat requirements.

Hatsodoom
Aug 3, 2014, 11:10 PM
Well I guess I need to either turn off the patch for the Episode 1 EX chapter, then view the cutscenes in english in My Room afterwards, or wait for them to fix the glitch in a Story Patch update.

horseship
Aug 4, 2014, 03:17 AM
2 questions;

I can't get joy2key or xpadder to recognize input in game, anyone know what could be the problem? This is for quick weapon swapping; I know pso2 has native support for my controller (360 pad).

Second question, what are the conditions to get the XQ stones and ores from the title counter? I've gotten all of the stones and the first set of ores, but I'm after the 50 cerulean ore title.

Sp-24
Aug 4, 2014, 03:33 AM
1. Not sure, but it could be a Gameguard issue. Do those applications work with other games?

2. Those titles require you to fill your weapon collection. Depending on which ore is cerulean, you need 500, 600 or 700 weapons registered your log book.

Achelousaurus
Aug 4, 2014, 03:42 AM
You can escape Luther's slow double sword swipe by double dashing away from it, preferably with dagger but I think Katana also works.
Or using Asagiri Rendan (even through the blades cause of the invincibility).
Just avoid the little red swirls cause if you get hit, you won't get up in time to avoid the blades and are likely to die.

A few PAs and techs can also be gotten from the photon shop for 1 photon crystal (those that normally drop in Advanced Quests).

horseship
Aug 4, 2014, 03:46 AM
1. Not sure, but it could be a Gameguard issue. Do those applications work with other games?

2. Those titles require you to fill your weapon collection. Depending on which ore is cerulean, you need 500, 600 or 700 weapons registered your log book.

1. Both applications work in notepad when I assign buttons to keyboard keys, but I haven't tried them in any other games. Not too sure why it wouldn't work in pso when it works in notepad. I tried these programs because I've read that other users have used them to success, but I'm having no luck so far.

2. Aw damn. It's going to be really hard to get the last ones... but thanks.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 05:09 AM
1.) Is the slot with the suit of armor icon armor or is it the costume? Cuz I want another.

2.) What block are most NA players on in ship 2?

3.) How do I identify a rare weapon?

4.) Talis or Rod for FO?

Achelousaurus
Aug 4, 2014, 10:09 AM
1) not gonna happen. Costumes change your entire outfit from head to toe, I really doubt Sega will add more of these.

2) B20...lol.
Pretty much all of ship 2 is full of foreigners. The split is rather about difficulty. And the 200+ blocks are shared PC/Vita blocks.
B20 is a Super Hard block in name but is used for finding TACO parties (currently the main source of meseta, will change in ep 3 though)
(I hear a hell lot fo bad things about B20 on the forum but have made good experiences with it and the worst/rudest people I met on the "elite" SH block B0-B12).

3) Chi..what's her name? There is a blue booth with 2 people next to the one with the weapon and disc store, the chick on the right side will identify stuff the guy (odd block number) or the chick (even block number) will let you grind, raise element % and affix abilities.

4) I hear Rod is a bit faster, also Talis can have the problem that some techs may get blocked by a bump in the ground.
On the other hand Force can get a skill for +20% damage bonus when using a Talis and in general Talis allows for a lot of different positioning.
I haven't done much Force but I'd say it depends on the situation.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 10:46 AM
Thanks for that.

And to confirm, the only way to get more costumes is through player shops or bingo cards?

blace
Aug 4, 2014, 10:49 AM
Thanks for that.

And to confirm, the only way to get more costumes is through player shops or bingo cards?

Yes.
/5char

Kondibon
Aug 4, 2014, 10:50 AM
Scratch cards, not bingo cards. The bingo cards are for event stuff. >_>

blace
Aug 4, 2014, 10:53 AM
Not much of a difference, since scratch cards are the biggest contributors to RNG and costs AC for a chance to get a costume.

Kondibon
Aug 4, 2014, 10:55 AM
Not much of a difference, since scratch cards are the biggest contributors to RNG and costs AC for a chance to get a costume.They're completely different mechanics, if you tell someone they can get costumes from the bingo cards then they're going to get confused when there's never any costumes on them. >_>

blace
Aug 4, 2014, 11:07 AM
But you are able to see what the potential items you can get from bingo as opposed to scratch.

Kondibon
Aug 4, 2014, 11:11 AM
But you are able to see what the potential items you can get from bingo as opposed to scratch.The doesn't change anything I just said...

blace
Aug 4, 2014, 11:12 AM
Not that it was meant to.

I'm half awake from lack of sleep. Blame my lack of clarity.

Kondibon
Aug 4, 2014, 11:12 AM
Fair enough. I know that feel.

GHNeko
Aug 4, 2014, 11:32 AM
So is there a list of translated main effects for Timed Unit abilities?

I have one that keeps popping up but the miniguide on Bumped doesnt seem to have it yet?

Nulve
Aug 4, 2014, 12:00 PM
I'm getting the following Error:

システム障害により切断されました。
しばらくお待ちください。
[ No.601 ]

It has been cut by a system failure.
Please be patient.
[No.601]

Just started using Proxifier, after switching from ProxyCap (trial expired). ProxyCap is not enabled, and I used the same port "13337" for both set ups.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 12:03 PM
I'm confused now. I have a chance to get a costume from a scratch card? And scratch cards cost how much?

Do costumes come in pieces or is it one item as the full set?

Sizustar
Aug 4, 2014, 12:16 PM
I'm getting the following Error:

システム障害により切断されました。
しばらくお待ちください。
[ No.601 ]

It has been cut by a system failure.
Please be patient.
[No.601]

Just started using Proxifier, after switching from ProxyCap (trial expired). ProxyCap is not enabled, and I used the same port "13337" for both set ups.

Sega ID Maintenance will occur today from 1:00 ~ 7:00 JST which will affect the following services:

Game Logins (Players already logged in will not be affected.)
OTP Registrations
Arks Cash Purchases
SEGA ID Registrations
SEGA ID Management Page Logins
Support Enquiry Form Logins

The SEGA ID Maintenance ends at 7:00 JST but it may end earlier or later depending on the situation.

I'm confused now. I have a chance to get a costume from a scratch card? And scratch cards cost how much?

Do costumes come in pieces or is it one item as the full set?

There are three scratch.
Free Fun scratch that gives room item, Shop tickets and accessory tickets.

Costume can only be obtained with Real money AC scratch, or buy them through player shop from player that did the actual scratch.

You can see what is in the current scratch through the official site

Newest scratch
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20140730/

Electric Diva(Changing on 8/13)
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20140716/

Fun Scratch
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun/

Nulve
Aug 4, 2014, 12:34 PM
Sega ID Maintenance will occur today from 1:00 ~ 7:00 JST which will affect the following services:

Ohh, thanks; I feel like an idiot now. I've been away from the game for a week, and haven't checked updates regularly.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 12:36 PM
Welp, guess I'm buying from the player shop because I don't have $30 or $63 to buy 2000 or 5000 AC lol.

Are there any cheaper ways to buy AC?

Sizustar
Aug 4, 2014, 12:37 PM
Welp, guess I'm buying from the player shop because I don't have $30 or $63 to buy 2000 or 5000 AC lol.

Are there any cheaper ways to buy AC?

The cheapest way is through PSO2es with a google account that has a credit card that allows oversea transaction.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 12:43 PM
The cheapest way is through PSO2es with a google account that has a credit card that allows oversea transaction.

What's PSO2es and how do I obtain one of these cards?

Sizustar
Aug 4, 2014, 12:45 PM
What's PSO2es and how do I obtain one of these cards?

PSO2es is the Android/Iphone game/app to the main game.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.PhantasyStarOnline2es

And what card are you talking about?

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 12:56 PM
PSO2es is the Android/Iphone game/app to the main game.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.PhantasyStarOnline2es

And what card are you talking about?

Credit card that allows overseas transactions. How does this process work? I install that with Chrome and then but AC that way?

Sizustar
Aug 4, 2014, 01:02 PM
Credit card that allows overseas transactions. How does this process work? I install that with Chrome and then but AC that way?

I don't understand what you are asking, can you rephrase it?

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 01:09 PM

I don't understand what you are asking, can you rephrase it?

You said the above quote mentioning the cheapest way is through PSO2es with a google account that has a credit card that allows overseas transactions.

You explained what PSO2es is. But now my question is how to tell if my credit card accepts overseas transactions and how buying AC works through PSO2es. Does that clear it up for you?

Naji23
Aug 4, 2014, 01:15 PM
the guide how to buy ac via pso2es:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218485

have no idea how youre able to find out if your cc accept oversea transfers or not

Faranth
Aug 4, 2014, 01:18 PM
how to tell if my credit card accepts overseas transactions and how buying AC works through PSO2es. Does that clear it up for you?

As long as your credit card is on Google wallet list u r good to go.....(〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 01:24 PM
the guide how to buy ac via pso2es:

have no idea how youre able to find out if your cc accept oversea transfers or not

He mentions his American VISA worked so mine should too. It's cheaper by about $10 to do it this way. Thanks!

What's the difference between a gold scratch and a regular?

And do costumes add stats? Or are they cosmetic only?

Hatsodoom
Aug 4, 2014, 02:01 PM
He mentions his American VISA worked so mine should too. It's cheaper by about $10 to do it this way. Thanks!

What's the difference between a gold scratch and a regular?

And do costumes add stats? Or are they cosmetic only?

Gold scratches give ONLY costumes while regulars can give them in addition to boosters, grinding/attribute materials, etc.

Costumes are purely cosmetic, units are this game's version of armor.

Ok... can't log in. What's Error 601?

Sizustar
Aug 4, 2014, 02:19 PM
Gold scratches give ONLY costumes while regulars can give them in addition to boosters, grinding/attribute materials, etc.

Gold now gives accessories and hairstyle(Started with the Miku set)
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/gold/20140730/

So for example, the Fei Yen set, gives the costume, the weapon camo, and the head accessory/headstyle

Sega ID is under maintance currently, will be back at 0700 JST

Faranth
Aug 4, 2014, 02:19 PM

ID maint (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ ends at 7;00 JST

Hatsodoom
Aug 4, 2014, 02:23 PM
ID maint (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ ends at 7;00 JST

You know you've played too much PSO when you mistype "zone" as "Zonde".

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 02:31 PM
If it's only cosmetic I won't waste real money on them then lol. I'll just buy them rom the player shop when I get the Meseta

RagolianHunter
Aug 4, 2014, 02:31 PM
When does maintence end in EST zone?

Sizustar
Aug 4, 2014, 02:32 PM
If it's only cosmetic I won't waste real money on them then lol. I'll just buy them rom the player shop when I get the Meseta

They are the best way to earn ingame money though.

The devil wing accessory sells for 12~15 Million ingame currently.

Hatsodoom
Aug 4, 2014, 02:32 PM
That's what I do. Besides if you do Time Attacks, it doesn't take too long. (Spent about 1M on an Ethan outfit thew other day.)

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 03:06 PM
They are the best way to earn ingame money though.

The devil wing accessory sells for 12~15 Million ingame currently.

Might get a few Golds then to try my luck.

When I'm searching player shops can I search the name in English?

If I was to spend real money on this game what would you recommend I buy? Can be one or several.

I can't open the list of scratch off rewards. Are there units in there that can't be obtained otherwise?

Hatsodoom
Aug 4, 2014, 04:20 PM
I'd likely try and buy some ARKZ Cash, but considering the ways I would have to do it well, I'm very paranoid and protective of my bank account. Rather not risk it.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 04:36 PM
I'd likely try and buy some ARKZ Cash, but considering the ways I would have to do it well, I'm very paranoid and protective of my bank account. Rather not risk it.

I meant specifically if I spent real money and bought AC what should I buy with it?

Additionally:

1.) When there's an update, do I just run the client and let it patch? Or is there something I can do with PSO2 Tweaker?
2.) Will the game not run if it's not up to date?
3.) Wow! I was level 5, turned in two quests and was level 10! That was fast! Are COs always that giving?
4.) What are the recommended weapons for an FO/Tec? I'm using a +4 Gunblade (I think), a staff that I grinded for a CO and a talis. Will I eventually be using all FO weapons? Because I noticed I had some discs and I learned them and realized I'll need to use a weapon that a FO can use if I want to use them all
5.) Does that mean you can only have 9 techniques at one time (3+3+3)?
6.) What does adding an attribute or grinding an attribute and unlocking potential do? And how are they done?
7.) What can I do at low levels to earn more money?
8.) When looking at a quest from the counter, what are the two rewards that I see? Boss drops? Are the three pictures of mobs the mobs you fight?
9.) Does each quest have a boss fight?
10.) Haven't seen too many NA players...are they hiding?
11.) Can you take more than one quest from the counter?

Thanks for the help!

Hatsodoom
Aug 4, 2014, 09:58 PM
Just roll with me on this one fellas. Say I was able/managed to pay for AC with an American Credit Card, using US Dollars. When the charge is made to my account, would the amount deducted be made upon the current day's conversion rate?

EX: 1 yen = .0097 US|1,000 AC = 1,000 yen = $9.75

Sandmind
Aug 4, 2014, 10:48 PM
I meant specifically if I spent real money and bought AC what should I buy with it?

Additionally:

1.) When there's an update, do I just run the client and let it patch? Or is there something I can do with PSO2 Tweaker?
I haven't opened the official launcher in months, tweaker fully replace it if you wish.
2.) Will the game not run if it's not up to date?
The server will not let you log in, just like any others mmorpgs
3.) Wow! I was level 5, turned in two quests and was level 10! That was fast! Are COs always that giving?
Well, at higher level, there are CO that give even more exp, but are quite small exp in the face of what is needed to level. The goods one are still a nice boost, especially if stacked by area.
4.) What are the recommended weapons for an FO/Tec? I'm using a +4 Gunblade (I think), a staff that I grinded for a CO and a talis. Will I eventually be using all FO weapons? Because I noticed I had some discs and I learned them and realized I'll need to use a weapon that a FO can use if I want to use them all
Gunslash for FO are mostly to regain PP at long range. To get the most damage, you will want to use a rod or talis for maximum damage. You can put tech in your subpalette, I mostly keep utility on mine. Rod is the straight forward weapon, while talis is more tricky and potentially stronger if taking Talis Bonus on the FO tree.
5.) Does that mean you can only have 9 techniques at one time (3+3+3)?
Around lv15 and with access to the 2nd field, you should gain a one time CO to unlock weapon slot 4-6. Again, you can put utility tech on your subpallete and atk linked to weapon or flip it around if you prefer it that way.
6.) What does adding an attribute or grinding an attribute and unlocking potential do? And how are they done?
Attribute, refering to the weapon element, which is a % of your weapon atk and cap at 50. Technic ignore weapon element, except if you got FO main only skill "Element Conversion". Potential are extra effect, usually damage boost, gained by resetting a +10 weapon to +0. Both are done at the weapon/unit grinding npc.
7.) What can I do at low levels to earn more money?
If freemium, not much other than by npc'ing items until you can do TACO once you unlocked the 4th field and the next fields. Just keep an eye on the affix on items, mostly if there is a lot of them (this mostly apply to boss's drop).
8.) When looking at a quest from the counter, what are the two rewards that I see? Boss drops? Are the three pictures of mobs the mobs you fight?
Boss and mob are just example of what will spawn in that quest. The listed items are example of rare that can potentially drop.
9.) Does each quest have a boss fight?
Not all Ark Quest got a boss at the end, but you might get a random one to spawn along the way if advaible for that quest. Free field always end with a boss.
10.) Haven't seen too many NA players...are they hiding?
Recent DDoS left a mark on the direct connection to PSO2, so a lot cannot connect right now without VPN. Also, Ship2 is considered to be the ship with the biggest english community. Outside of Block B-020, most english try to avoid talking in nearby chat.
11.) Can you take more than one quest from the counter?
Only one at a time, yes, but you can choice to cancel your current active Quest by choosing a new one.
Thanks for the help!
Answer in bold.

Just roll with me on this one fellas. Say I was able/managed to pay for AC with an American Credit Card, using US Dollars. When the charge is made to my account, would the amount deducted be made upon the current day's conversion rate?

EX: 1 yen = .0097 US|1,000 AC = 1,000 yen = $9.75

Iirc, ES use your google account to pay, which would charge your credit card at the current conversion value.

Hatsodoom
Aug 4, 2014, 10:56 PM
Iirc, ES use your google account to pay, which would charge your credit card at the current conversion value.

So the answer is yes, thanks.

Zorua
Aug 5, 2014, 01:05 AM
Is Verizon still able to connect to PSO2?

Achelousaurus
Aug 5, 2014, 03:53 AM
1) How did I just skip MB 10?
I cleared a handful blue nodes on MB 9 and suddenly I get a new Xion cutscene and have MB 11.

2) Which MBs have good items like all class weapons, things worth selling the player shop (4 slot Spirita III, etc), etc?
MB number is enough, I can easily check ingame but I'm too lazy to search each and every MB I have and then will most likely forget to do the same with future MBs.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 05:13 AM
1.) So I'll be using mostly Rods and Talis later on then to use my tech. That makes sense.

2.) So I can basically sell any weapon that isn't a FO weapon now to make money. That will expand my options for selling shit lol.

3.) What determines the level of the disc and can you raise the level after you've learned it?

4.) And, what is there to do at end game (which btw is what level?)?

5.) Oh and what are those spinning blue and gold things when I'm running a quest? Do they do anything and should I be using every single one in the area?

6.) Why is there a circle around my character every time I attack? I've seen videos where the person will time it right and it will make a sound and they'll do a different attack. How do you do that?

Shear
Aug 5, 2014, 06:11 AM
1) How did I just skip MB 10?
I cleared a handful blue nodes on MB 9 and suddenly I get a new Xion cutscene and have MB 11.

MB 11 is special, it's like a Bonus Chapter.
It's single story mission is rather hard (Lvl 50) considering when you can get it so be prepared.

2) Which MBs have good items like all class weapons, things worth selling the player shop (4 slot Spirita III, etc), etc?
MB number is enough, I can easily check ingame but I'm too lazy to search each and every MB I have and then will most likely forget to do the same with future MBs.
Noteworthy are the Episode 2 Boards since you can get 10* Weapons/Units from MB 13 on

Achelousaurus
Aug 5, 2014, 08:26 AM
Oh, I see. Thanks.

1.) So I'll be using mostly Rods and Talis later on then to use my tech. That makes sense.

2.) So I can basically sell any weapon that isn't a FO weapon now to make money. That will expand my options for selling shit lol.
Depends.
Can't hurt to keep a few good ones, especially those with abilities that add a lot to the relevant atk stat.
Also if you planon playing other classes you will need more mags with different stats that have to be fed preferably with 7*-9* weapons (300 AC per new mag)

3.) What determines the level of the disc and can you raise the level after you've learned it?
Difficulty determines lvl. Before VH lvl 10 is the maximum, 15 for VH and 16 for SH.
You can eat any disc with a requirement you got (350 s-atk, 480 t-atk, etc) and a lvl below your current, it's the only way to boost your techs and PAs

4.) And, what is there to do at end game (which btw is what level?)?
Same as before mostly, just now you have good gear and hopefully acquired some skill.
Also Extreme Quests (XQs) which are a 5 stage set of small rooms with a challenge (take no damage for 20 seconds, kill X enemy y times in z amount of time, kill x boss after destroying some parts, etc).
You get a lot of meseta but can only keep up to 3 items par set. This is also where the good rare stone fragments (for Bio weapons for example) come from. These are TONS of fun btw.
Also Adavance Quests (AQs). XQs are available from lvl50+ but not sure if you can do AQs earlier.
They are more like normal quests, but with a very high enemy count and a time limit, I haven't really done them yet however)

5.) Oh and what are those spinning blue and gold things when I'm running a quest? Do they do anything and should I be using every single one in the area?
Rectangles/flat boxes?
Those are cutscenes with NPCs
Blue are totally random, gold are Matter board cutscenes (i.e. story related).
A lot of Matter board nodes require you to do X quest and find the cutscene icon (don#t need to finish the quest)

6.) Why is there a circle around my character every time I attack? I've seen videos where the person will time it right and it will make a sound and they'll do a different attack. How do you do that?
Just attack, with the right timing this gives a 30% damage boost to every attack, including techs and PAs. Not to mention many class skills boost it more

infiniteeverlasting
Aug 5, 2014, 08:38 AM
Is Verizon still able to connect to PSO2?

yes. as of yesterday yes. haven't tried logging on today.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 08:39 AM
1.) What's the difference between techs and PAs?

2.) So I assume holding down the mouse button won't give me the right timing. I'll have to click in time with the circle right?

3.) Oh crap the gold ones are important?! I've completed every quest though and didn't click a single gold one though. Do they ONLY appear during certain quests or do I need to take it to START a story quest?

4.) Speaking of story quests, I don't think I've gotten one. Where do I get them?

Sizustar
Aug 5, 2014, 08:43 AM
1.) What's the difference between techs and PAs?

2.) So I assume holding down the mouse button won't give me the right timing. I'll have to click in time with the circle right?

3.) Oh crap the gold ones are important?! I've completed every quest though and didn't click a single gold one though. Do they ONLY appear during certain quests or do I need to take it to START a story quest?

4.) Speaking of story quests, I don't think I've gotten one. Where do I get them?
Tech = Spell
Photon Art = Skills done with weapons(Melee and Range)

2. Correct

3. You can always just go back.

4. Go get the matterboard from Xion, and clear it to get story missions.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 08:46 AM
Tech = Spell
Photon Art = Skills done with weapons(Melee and Range)

2. Correct

3. You can always just go back.

4. Go get the matterboard from Xion, and clear it to get story missions.

Where's Xion and what's this about Verizon? I have Verizon. Will I not be able to login?

Sizustar
Aug 5, 2014, 08:52 AM
Where's Xion and what's this about Verizon? I have Verizon. Will I not be able to login?

Xion is the glasses wearing NPC in the shop lobby that gives you the matterboard to clear to advance the story quest.

There are some ISP that can't access the Yahoo server that is hosting PSO2, whether that is due to Yahoo's own incompetence, or by Sega's request is unknown.

But if you can access, then you have no problem, if you can't access, then you'll have to do so through a VPN, AWS Tunnel or other means.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 09:15 AM
Xion is the glasses wearing NPC in the shop lobby that gives you the matterboard to clear to advance the story quest.

There are some ISP that can't access the Yahoo server that is hosting PSO2, whether that is due to Yahoo's own incompetence, or by Sega's request is unknown.

But if you can access, then you have no problem, if you can't access, then you'll have to do so through a VPN, AWS Tunnel or other means.

Is it the second matter board you get after the three step one? I think I'm in the process of doing that one. I'll start clicking the gold chip things in the maps

Hatsodoom
Aug 5, 2014, 11:04 AM
If you buy Premium, does it apply to all characters on your account?

Sizustar
Aug 5, 2014, 11:16 AM
If you buy Premium, does it apply to all characters on your account?

Premium is account based.

Hatsodoom
Aug 5, 2014, 11:18 AM
Premium is account based.

I thought so, just wanted to check. Gonna try and attempt to buy some AC tonight. Hope I don't mess up. =P

Achelousaurus
Aug 5, 2014, 11:34 AM
Some AC content is only for a single character though like inventory / subpalette extension or new mags.

Anyway, early Matter Board is iffy.
A Matter board has plenty blue ("optional") nodes and a few gold (mandatory) ones.
You need to clear the gold ones to advance the story and get new matter boards, normally after you clear all gold nodes there is a new story quest or an old one has a new path (only a half crown now).
Blue nodes are theoretically option but since the only way to the gold nodes is through a lot of blue ones, they become mandatory.

After finishing a matter board, Xion will be at the shop area and getting close will trigger an automatic cutscene where she says her stupid vague esoteric spiel and gives you a new MB, impossible to miss.
Rinse and Repeat.

I'm on MB9 and I gotta say I like the story, just got really cool.
MB 11-16 also have optional nodes dropping very good items like one of the best all class katanas (and a number of other all class weapons).

You have to select your current matter board, which means at any time you can select old ones and clear stuff you haven't done yet.

If you don't get the matter board item to drop, try clearing the story quest (unless it has a full crown), selecting the node you want to clear, select another, go into some quest and re-select the right one afterwards or talk to involved NPCs cause there are some bugs that don't make them work as planned.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 11:52 AM
Ahhh okay thanks! I know what you're talking about now I think. I'll check in game.

If I was going to buy AC, what things from the AC shop should I buy?

Eggplant
Aug 5, 2014, 01:09 PM
I'm 14lvl force and I'm planning to pick techer as my subclass.

1. Can you learn all the techniques even though you are not planning use them?

2. Which techniques are the most useful for force? In other words, which ones are must techniques to get?

3. Is there a specific element I should focus on?

4. I got my first mag, or at least I guess so. Can I just ignore it until I get to know more about the game or am I going to lose some bonuses? Judging by the guides, seems like you give it specific items to raise its stats, so I don't really mess it up.

5. Are mobs supposed to respawn in the dungeon? Those monkeys, flying things and wolves just keep popping out even though I have already cleared most of them. And do I have to clear them all to receive a better rank or drops?

6. What does the rank after completing a dungeon mean? None of them seem to give any exp.

7. Does it matter if I don't use a rod? I found a sprain(?) which autoattack is ranged. I find it more safeful to use it to attack from a distance until PP recovers instead of whacking with a rod as a melee due to my squishiness. My Rafoie's damage seem to be same with both weapons.

8. Is there a way to change block without using the NPC to join the party?

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2014, 01:34 PM

2. Which techniques are the most useful for force? In other words, which ones are must techniques to get?

4. I got my first mag, or at least I guess so. Can I just ignore it until I get to know more about the game or am I going to lose some bonuses? Judging by the guides, seems like you give it specific items to raise its stats, so I don't really mess it up.

5. Are mobs supposed to respawn in the dungeon? Those monkeys, flying things and wolves just keep popping out even though I have already cleared most of them. And do I have to clear them all to receive a better rank or drops?

6. What does the rank after completing a dungeon mean? None of them seem to give any exp.

7. Does it matter if I don't use a rod? I found a sprain(?) which autoattack is ranged. I find it more safeful to use it to attack from a distance until PP recovers instead of whacking with a rod as a melee due to my squishiness. My Rafoie's damage seem to be same with both weapons.

Yes.

Zondeel, Il Megid, Il Barta, and maybe Zanverse at the moment.

As a fo/te ice and dark.

You can irgnore it if you want, but it takes a while to level them if you're going all into one stat, someone else can tell you more about that.

Enemies normally respawn. The situations that cause it are: playing on vita blocks (less enemies spawn at a time so they spawn in waves), going about 2 or 3 quadrants away and coming back causes more enemies to spawn, getting a PSE that increases enemy spawns causes extra enemies to spawn one per person after the first group in the quadrant is dead, and PSE bursts, which are similar to the PSE bonus only they don't stop until the PSE burst ends, it's a good idea to group up if you're in an MPA durring a PSE.

In Advanced quests enemies don't respawn from coming back to a quadrant but the rest still apply. Also there's no bonus for clearing out a whole map, but you have to kill a specific number of enemies to get an S rank, and killing more enemies gets you more drops from the next boss you fight. That bonus resets when you kill a boss though, so if you're farming a boss and another boss spawns on the field you might want to kill more enemies before going to the normal boss.

Enemies stop respawning after an instance has been up for 5 hours, but that's just an anti bot measure, and I don't see why you'd be in the same area for 5 hours >_>.

The rank is really only important for certain COs. :/

Talis cards work fine, but if you're just using them for PP regen you'd do fine with a rod and having a gunslash for ranged pp regen. Talis cards generally have lower t-atk from equal rods, but they allow you to cast point blank techs from the card instead of your self. There's also a skill for forces that increases the damage they do up to 20% while the card is the air, making them good for tracking or homing techs like rafoie or ilmegid as well. They're bad for techs that you need to aim to make the most of, like Foie or Ilzan though.

The green elevators let you change blocks.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 01:36 PM

Feed it weapons that you would use as a FO to raise the stats you need

I don't think it does anything

Use whatever you're comfortable with. There's no bonus or negative to using a weapon that isn't associated with your class (I.e. FO using a gunblade)

Theres a giant green (or orange?) elevator and it will ask you which block to transfer to when you activate it (or step inside , I forget)

See bold

Still no answer so I'll ask again - If I was to buy AC, what are some things I should spend it on?

arnd
Aug 5, 2014, 03:35 PM
See bold

Still no answer so I'll ask again - If I was to buy AC, what are some things I should spend it on?

Two additional mags, inventory extension, maybe few extra skilltrees. If you have a lot of AC to spare, EX-storage renting will allow for massive meseta profits via streamlining the fodder creation process.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 03:42 PM
Two additional mags, inventory extension, maybe few extra skilltrees. If you have a lot of AC to spare, EX-storage renting will allow for massive meseta profits via streamlining the fodder creation process.

What do you mean streamlining the fodder creation process?

Hatsodoom
Aug 5, 2014, 04:08 PM
Ok now this is getting rediculous. My game keeps on closing itself. No crash message, no warning, just out of nowhere it closes the entire game. It's been happening for a bit, now its done it 3 times today. What gives?

Also, on a side note, how many titles in all are there?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 5, 2014, 06:23 PM
Just for confirmation, the dates that are/were on each tab here http://pso2.jp/players/event/2nd_anniversary/webevent/ represent the start time to accumulate points, and the week after (for boost-related rewards), assuming the point threshold has been met, the boost reward is applied?

Karakuri Douze
Aug 5, 2014, 08:04 PM
So, I tried to log in to my SEGA ID to get some AC. Got to the page, entered my login correctly, and got the capcha correct as well. I get redirected to this page:

http://i.imgur.com/v47tmR3.png

My SEGA ID still works fine for PSO2, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Anybody know what it says or what I need to do?

Skyly
Aug 5, 2014, 09:00 PM

Can you expand on this?

Faranth
Aug 5, 2014, 09:18 PM
Ok now this is getting rediculous. My game keeps on closing itself. No crash message, no warning, just out of nowhere it closes the entire game. It's been happening for a bit, now its done it 3 times today. What gives?

Also, on a side note, how many titles in all are there?

idk bout your weird crash but, here is the answer for titles~

Title total amount: 782 -7/16/2014-

Player - 53
Items - 364
Quest - 161
Character - 78
Community - 6
Craft - 120

Source; pso2.swiki.jp

SakoHaruo
Aug 5, 2014, 09:22 PM
So, I tried to log in to my SEGA ID to get some AC. Got to the page, entered my login correctly, and got the capcha correct as well. I get redirected to this page:

http://i.imgur.com/v47tmR3.png

My SEGA ID still works fine for PSO2, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Anybody know what it says or what I need to do?

Whenever you see this page, it means you either input something incorrectly or took too long to defeat the captcha boss.

Hatsodoom
Aug 5, 2014, 09:43 PM
Whenever you see this page, it means you either input something incorrectly or took too long to defeat the captcha boss.

You answered my question as well... but it also looks like something's wrong with the servers right now.

Skyly
Aug 5, 2014, 09:47 PM
You answered my question as well... but it also looks like something's wrong with the servers right now.

Servers are in maintenance right now. Till about 1AM PST

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 5, 2014, 10:18 PM

Emergency Code: Captcha. Can this be a thing?

SakoHaruo
Aug 5, 2014, 10:26 PM
Emergency Code: Captcha. Can this be a thing?

Sega trolling foreigners after blocking 50% of us form the game? Too good.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 5, 2014, 10:32 PM
Sega trolling foreigners after blocking 50% of us form the game? Too good.

Someone over there's got to have a sense of humor...

GHNeko
Aug 5, 2014, 10:35 PM
If you dont type in the captcha within 2 mins, you die. period. quest over.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 5, 2014, 10:49 PM
If you dont type in the captcha within 2 mins, you die. period. quest over.

I was actually thinking about a 2 min time limit...

Hatsodoom
Aug 5, 2014, 10:52 PM
I was actually thinking about a 2 min time limit...

I actually did it, yet sadly I couldn't use my credit card for direct payment. Oh well, guess I'll have to use Arkz Layer and pay more.

SakoHaruo
Aug 5, 2014, 11:02 PM
I actually did it, yet sadly I couldn't use my credit card for direct payment. Oh well, guess I'll have to use Arkz Layer and pay more.

PlayAsia is pretty fast if you have paypal. But, you'll still have to pay a bit more.

Hatsodoom
Aug 5, 2014, 11:44 PM
PlayAsia is pretty fast if you have paypal. But, you'll still have to pay a bit more.

Nah, just used Arkz Layer and ordered 5000WM. I already did the JP alias successfully, so I just need to wait for the code from AL and it should be a straight shot from there.

Skyly
Aug 6, 2014, 12:34 AM
Nah, just used Arkz Layer and ordered 5000WM. I already did the JP alias successfully, so I just need to wait for the code from AL and it should be a straight shot from there.

Why didn't you use PSO2es?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 6, 2014, 12:38 AM
Just for confirmation, the dates that are/were on each tab here http://pso2.jp/players/event/2nd_anniversary/webevent/ represent the start time to accumulate points, and the week after (for boost-related rewards), assuming the point threshold has been met, the boost reward is applied?

letters

Hatsodoom
Aug 6, 2014, 01:11 AM
Why didn't you use PSO2es?

Don't you need a smartphone or something for that? You're talking to a man who has never owned, nor ever will own a smartphone, android, ipad etc.

Skyly
Aug 6, 2014, 01:16 AM
Don't you need a smartphone or something for that? You're talking to a man who has never owned, nor ever will own a smartphone, android, ipad etc.

Brizone
Aug 6, 2014, 01:22 AM
Guys, do you have any idea why Spar Machinegun's R-ATK stat here on SEA server is 407 instead of 423? Note that Fang Soul adds 30 more R-ATK --> 407+30 = 437

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i61.tinypic.com/eamc9l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

On cirnopedia (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_10.php#031) it is 423.. i am dissapointed having +10 that thing only to find out the poor max R-ATK stat, lower than Alba Twinvulcans..

:-(

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2014, 01:26 AM
Guys, do you have any idea why Spar Machinegun's R-ATK stat here on SEA server is 407 instead of 423? Note that Fang Soul adds 30 more R-ATK --> 407+30 = 437

On cirnopedia (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_10.php#031) it is 423.. i am dissapointed having +10 that thing only to find out the poor max R-ATK stat, lower than Alba Twinvulcans..

I dunno why it's like that, but you'll be happy to know that it's still gonna be stronger on average due to having the minium damage bonus from rares. Why are you using a sparmachinegun with over 600 r-atk though? I know you're on SEA, but there's not something better?

WildarmsRE5
Aug 6, 2014, 01:43 AM

I dunno why it's like that, but you'll be happy to know that it's still gonna be stronger on average due to having the minium damage bonus from rares. Why are you using a sparmachinegun with over 600 r-atk though? I know you're on SEA, but there's not something better?Radiegle should do nicely. Better Latent.

I'm pretty sure they have it over there already.

EDIT: actually, nope.

the strongest TMG they would probably have is banshee's roar.

I'd rather just use Sarcuid for Fury Latent. drops from Ragne.

Brizone
Aug 6, 2014, 02:15 AM
Radiegle should do nicely. Better Latent.

I'm pretty sure they have it over there already.

EDIT: actually, nope.

the strongest TMG they would probably have is banshee's roar.

I'd rather just use Sarcuid for Fury Latent. drops from Ragne.

Well, i don't wanna go mainstream, and liked the looks of that thing.. so :v

Still, back to the topic, was there any reason to nerf the R-ATK stat of Sparmachineguns? 437 and 453 is quite a lot for me 3_3

hoangsea
Aug 6, 2014, 02:31 AM
anyone know how exactly elemental bonus added ?

i just want to know about it

1. When compare of 2 weapon with 50 element (one is an target weakness, other is not) how 's the bonus different ? (someone told me it's 5% is it correct ?)

2. The bonus damage at 50 element against non weakness target, does it always 20% bonus with different element at 50 element (10% with 30 element) or with diferent element we have different bonus ?

WildarmsRE5
Aug 6, 2014, 02:33 AM
Well, i don't wanna go mainstream, and liked the looks of that thing.. so :v

Still, back to the topic, was there any reason to nerf the R-ATK stat of Sparmachineguns? 437 and 453 is quite a lot for me 3_3looks you say?

*looks at the damned thing*

must be personal opinion since it looks ugly to me. . . or just got used to looking at Pandora Extreme too much.

20 R-ATK is not a big difference.

its not like you guys can max Fury Stance and related skills right away with that lvl cap.

If I must say, Yasminkov is a better choice for looks and damage. (since the latent is Zero Effort, which increases damage when firing at close range)

did I say yet the Gunner is a Close Range class?

EDIT: actually, nvm.

you probably don't have at least Infinity Fire in that version. bad idea.

Brizone
Aug 6, 2014, 02:47 AM
looks you say?

*looks at the damned thing*

must be personal opinion since it looks ugly to me. . . or just got used to looking at Pandora Extreme too much.

20 R-ATK is not a big difference.

its not like you guys can max Fury Stance and related skills right away with that lvl cap.

If I must say, Yasminkov is a better choice for looks and damage. (since the latent is Zero Effort, which increases damage when firing at close range)

did I say yet the Gunner is a Close Range class?

EDIT: actually, nvm.

you probably don't have at least Infinity Fire in that version. bad idea.

Ok i'll just accept the fate that Spar MG's won't get anywhere..

Anyway, what's Infinity Fire? some class skill? As far as I could tell, in this stage of the game (open beta) even the 'rare weapon damage boost' from gunner class tree is not available yet..

Last but not least, will things like Advanced Evasive Step adds up from subclass? What are the things that I could benefit from subclass' tree?

Thanks in advance guys :v

WildarmsRE5
Aug 6, 2014, 03:10 AM
Ok i'll just accept the fate that Spar MG's won't get anywhere..

Anyway, what's Infinity Fire? some class skill? As far as I could tell, in this stage of the game (open beta) even the 'rare weapon damage boost' from gunner class tree is not available yet..

Last but not least, will things like Advanced Evasive Step adds up from subclass? What are the things that I could benefit from subclass' tree?

Thanks in advance guys :vInfinity Fire is one of the core Gunner PAs. Mobility and Shooting combined. Obviously not yet available in your version for another 2 - 3 months maybe. until then, Gunners are utter trash in there. even with Messiah Time being KO PA for bosses, you don't have anything that can be useful for mobs. once Heel Stab is out (another Gu PA), use that instead of Infinity Fire.

and Open Beta means. . . Open. . . it's available to download and use. everyone can play. Closed Beta is another thing. get it right.

there no such skill. it is in the actual weapon, all rare weapons carry a DEX modifier which let's you hit 90% - 100% of your damage variance. which is why rare weapons are more used than 6* below because they have better Average Damage.

yes, it stacks. I only see it being used by Fighters, not Gunners.

Tes
Aug 6, 2014, 04:45 AM
Quickest way to get an 11* weapon of any description? I spent hundreds of hours on SH and only ever found one. I desperately need one for an 11* weapon ticket. Could anyone give me any advice? I'll be using rare item boosts but I need suggestions for a good run?

Rain Walker
Aug 6, 2014, 04:50 AM
Quickest way to get an 11* weapon of any description? I spent hundreds of hours on SH and only ever found one. I desperately need one for an 11* weapon ticket. Could anyone give me any advice? I'll be using rare item boosts but I need suggestions for a good run?

Do Advanced Quest SH. They rain like candies with pse burst and with this week boost? Yee

Tes
Aug 6, 2014, 04:51 AM
Awesome, wanna so some SH AQ's with meh now?

Rain Walker
Aug 6, 2014, 04:58 AM
Awesome, wanna so some SH AQ's with meh now?

Unfortunately no. Are we even on the same ship? ^^;

Tes
Aug 6, 2014, 06:17 AM
Good point, afraid not o_o

WNxTyr4el
Aug 6, 2014, 06:20 AM
Can you put techs on your sub-palette (skill bar)?

And how do you do a PSE burst? The help window was in Japanese >.>

WildarmsRE5
Aug 6, 2014, 06:31 AM

And how do you do a PSE burst? The help window was in Japanese >.>yes.

get a PSE to lvl 8.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 6, 2014, 06:33 AM
yes.

get a PSE to lvl 8.

Erm...what's a PSE?

Sizustar
Aug 6, 2014, 06:34 AM

And how do you do a PSE burst? The help window was in Japanese >.>

Yes, you get PSE Burst by killing enemy quickly.
When ever you kill X number of enemy, a Photon Burst will somtime occur(Pillar of light) Once those reach lv.8? or Lv.9 you get a PSE burst.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 6, 2014, 06:44 AM
What's level cap?

Is there an Official Ship 2 Mumble, Teamspeak or RaidCall?

Sandmind
Aug 6, 2014, 08:24 AM
What's level cap?

Is there an Official Ship 2 Mumble, Teamspeak or RaidCall?

Currently lv70.

No clue.

solid_snark
Aug 6, 2014, 11:55 AM
Is anyone willing to venture a guess as to why Risk Protectors (+1) have dropped in price so much the last couple of months? It used to be that you could get 40k+ each, but checking the shops this morning, some yahoo had 100 of them selling for 18k each. During the final week of a lackluster FUN scratch, this type of undercutting really hurts...

Kikikiki
Aug 6, 2014, 12:05 PM
Is anyone willing to venture a guess as to why Risk Protectors (+1) have dropped in price so much the last couple of months? It used to be that you could get 40k+ each, but checking the shops this morning, some yahoo had 100 of them selling for 18k each. During the final week of a lackluster FUN scratch, this type of undercutting really hurts...

Most likely because of Arkuma giving them out as prize exchange for points during the Grand Prix period.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 6, 2014, 01:08 PM
Are Grinders worth anything on the player shop?

callmejustwatch
Aug 6, 2014, 01:35 PM
i want to download the game and play it where can i download it?

FotoPhinish
Aug 6, 2014, 02:26 PM
When did the game start to drop outfits from enemies. I have found so far 3 different outfits 2 from this arks scratch and 1 outfit with the cow looking shirt. Non from doing any sorta scratch.

Mesarthim
Aug 6, 2014, 02:28 PM
So if I were to recycle items for a technique reset which would be cheapest to obtain?

Says AC scratch item but it didn't accept something I had so I don't know what qualifies.

Sp-24
Aug 6, 2014, 02:32 PM
I was under impression that any AC Scratch item works. What were you trying to recycle, exactly?

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2014, 02:33 PM
When did the game start to drop outfits from enemies. I have found so far 3 different outfits 2 from this arks scratch and 1 outfit with the cow looking shirt. Non from doing any sorta scratch.What? Seriously? I know the cow shirt was dropping from the limited quest, what other outfits did you get?

Mesarthim
Aug 6, 2014, 02:42 PM
I was under impression that any AC Scratch item works. What were you trying to recycle, exactly?

Equipment lab type items like grind success or ability success (10% since cirnopedia listed it as AC scratch) but it says wanted item not in inventory.

Now I have a grind reudction (full) which finally shows up but I'm wondering what is cheaper than that considering I only have one anyway.

Edit: Or there's the possibility that cheapo costumes work in which case I am dumb and you're more than welcome to say so.

FotoPhinish
Aug 6, 2014, 02:46 PM
What? Seriously? I know the cow shirt was dropping from the limited quest, what other outfits did you get?

I got the other 2 I think from TD3 I don't tend to check the costumes tab often but I noticed after TD3.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 6, 2014, 03:03 PM
i want to download the game and play it where can i download it?

There's a guide here: www.arks-layer.com. Follow the "Signup Guide"

Www.pso2.jp is the site to download the game.

callmejustwatch
Aug 6, 2014, 03:09 PM
the jp site wont load...

Sp-24
Aug 6, 2014, 03:09 PM
Equipment lab type items like grind success or ability success (10% since cirnopedia listed it as AC scratch) but it says wanted item not in inventory.

Now I have a grind reudction (full) which finally shows up but I'm wondering what is cheaper than that considering I only have one anyway.

Edit: Or there's the possibility that cheapo costumes work in which case I am dumb and you're more than welcome to say so.
I just checked the player's site (that I'm still IP blocked from) and swiki, and it doesn't look like ability-related items are considered AC Scratch stuff anymore. Last two scratches didn't have any ability increases in them, and the wiki didn't list any of them as AC items. +5% comes from FUN Scratch, and +10% is a premium package item, which, I assume, is very different from lottery stuff.

And, yes, costumes work very well for this purpose.

the jp site wont load...
You are blocked from it. You'd need a VPN of some sort before trying to play the game. Or even to download it, it seems.

callmejustwatch
Aug 6, 2014, 03:12 PM
i started do the AWS way but the putty part confusin sh** outa me

Brizone
Aug 6, 2014, 03:34 PM
Guys, is it true that Tourmalinca can be changed into Fleetmalinca? If so, how to do it?

I wanna invest on this gun if that's the case, finally got a Tour just now and managed to +10 it (through some love with Moanica)..

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2014, 03:50 PM
Guys, is it true that Tourmalinca can be changed into Fleetmalinca? If so, how to do it?

I wanna invest on this gun if that's the case, finally got a Tour just now and managed to +10 it (through some love with Moanica)..You can exchange a tourmalinca and 90 sky pyroxines (the ones from the floating continent AQ) for a Fleetmalinca at the rare stone shop. Grinding, extending or affixing it it won't make a difference though, it's a trade, not an upgrade. The one you get has shoot III, mutation, and is 30 light.

Shinamori
Aug 6, 2014, 03:53 PM
How does time abilities actually work? It doesn't seem to be do much of anything.

Swagmasta
Aug 6, 2014, 03:57 PM
Gameguard is evil, giving me 1014 errors so often I want to kick a puppy.

What steps can I take to fix this?

ArataWata
Aug 6, 2014, 05:08 PM
Anyway to set your PAs on your weapons so you either have it as hold or click?

Scale of Judgment
Aug 6, 2014, 05:39 PM
Anyway to set your PAs on your weapons so you either have it as hold or click?

You can customized that option in menu

ArataWata
Aug 6, 2014, 05:46 PM
You can customized that option in menu

Where about in the settings, I've looked around and I can't find anything like it.

Edit - Nevermind, I'm stupid, got it.

Sandmind
Aug 6, 2014, 07:12 PM
How does time abilities actually work? It doesn't seem to be do much of anything.
Activated by planet and quest type. And since they bound, it's mostly usefull for already crafted gear if you tend to spam the same place a lot.

Gameguard is evil, giving me 1014 errors so often I want to kick a puppy.

What steps can I take to fix this?

Some GG problem can be fixed by deleting the content of the folder and have it re-update itself when launching PSO2. Might not be the solution for your problem, but could be worth a shot.

Skyly
Aug 6, 2014, 07:34 PM
Can anyone tell me what this means. I was about to purchase some AC but didn't wanna do anything I didn't know how to do

http://imgur.com/0knI6iI

Sp-24
Aug 6, 2014, 07:47 PM
I assume you never provided your birthdate to Sega? That thing is asking you to enter a year and month, so it may be a good idea to enter something above Japanese legal age.

Skyly
Aug 6, 2014, 07:54 PM
I assume you never provided your birthdate to Sega? That thing is asking you to enter a year and month, so it may be a good idea to enter something above Japanese legal age.

I never have. I purchased AC many times from PSO2es but it's never asked me for my bday.

WildarmsRE5
Aug 6, 2014, 07:58 PM

I wanna invest on this gun if that's the case, finally got a Tour just now and managed to +10 it (through some love with Moanica)..

You can exchange a tourmalinca and 90 sky pyroxines (the ones from the floating continent AQ) for a Fleetmalinca at the rare stone shop. Grinding, extending or affixing it it won't make a difference though, it's a trade, not an upgrade. The one you get has shoot III, mutation, and is 30 light.IIRC, AQs (Advance Quests) are not yet available in the SEA region. give it 3 months. since monsters are lvl 50+, it will be out like after a month after releasing VH mode in SEA.

Sky Stone Pyroxene are only dropped at Floating Continent AQ and nowhere else.

final_attack
Aug 6, 2014, 08:11 PM
Hello ....... 1 more question ^^;

Does Zanverse only has effect for PA (gave bonus damage from people using PA inside Zanverse AoE) ? Or does Tech count as well?

Thank you.

Sizustar
Aug 7, 2014, 01:39 AM
I never have. I purchased AC many times from PSO2es but it's never asked me for my bday.

It's a legal feature that Japanese Mobage are required to have that got passed recently.

It's set that Under 12? can only spend 5000 AC per month, UP to 18~20, 10000 AC monthly, and Above that is unlimited.

It's to prevent children from spending past X amount on Mobage.

Kondibon
Aug 7, 2014, 01:46 AM
IIRC, AQs (Advance Quests) are not yet available in the SEA region. give it 3 months. since monsters are lvl 50+, it will be out like after a month after releasing VH mode in SEA.

Sky Stone Pyroxene are only dropped at Floating Continent AQ and nowhere else.Oh derp. I keep forgetting who's on SEA.

Hello ....... 1 more question ^^;

Does Zanverse only has effect for PA (gave bonus damage from people using PA inside Zanverse AoE) ? Or does Tech count as well?

Thank you.Any damage dealt by anyone within the area of Zanverse triggers it.

final_attack
Aug 7, 2014, 01:52 AM
Oh, thank you very much for the reply .... ^o^

Time to aim for that Maisen then .....

Brizone
Aug 7, 2014, 05:23 AM
Hey guys, when i change a Tourmalinca with 90 rare stones for a Fleetmalinca, does the Tour needs to be remain untouched (aka not set as owner)?

Also, how to get a Sylphmalinca? :v

Thanks...

Rakurai
Aug 7, 2014, 05:30 AM
You can convert any Tourmalinca into a Fleetmalinca.

If you want a Sylphmalinca, you need to get three large stones, which are worth 100 small stones each. You can also gather 30 large stones for a Sylphmalinca with maxed element and numerous abilities, but it takes forever if you don't have access to SH advance quests.

Brizone
Aug 7, 2014, 05:38 AM
You can convert any Tourmalinca into a Fleetmalinca.

If you want a Sylphmalinca, you need to get three large stones, which are worth 100 small stones each. You can also gather 30 large stones for a Sylphmalinca with maxed element and numerous abilities, but it takes forever if you don't have access to SH advance quests.

Oh i see..

But when i convert Tour into a Fleet, does it needs to be remain untouched? (unequipped, not having any owner)

Thanks in advance :-D

WNxTyr4el
Aug 7, 2014, 05:42 AM
What's Pingzapper and if my friend can't connect to the game, what are the safest ways he can play (and preferably non headache inducing)?

Rakurai
Aug 7, 2014, 05:47 AM
Oh i see..

But when i convert Tour into a Fleet, does it needs to be remain untouched? (unequipped, not having any owner)

Thanks in advance :-D

I said "any Tourmalinca" because it doesn't matter whether it's bound or not.

Lawliet123
Aug 7, 2014, 06:43 AM
Why does my lvl 14 kanran kikyou deal so little dmg. 90% of the time it deals 1350x2 dmg and 10% of the time it deals 2100x2 dmg. Im using a +10 kenei lvl 1 potential 30 element. I have 1930 satk. I have seen videos of bravers dealing constant dmg with this PA. I doubt i should be dealing 1350x2. We are talking about charged PA at both cases.Im sure im not hitting weak points. Am i doing something wrong or is this how its supposed to be.

final_attack
Aug 7, 2014, 06:44 AM
Did you craft the Kenei?

Very high range of damage usually because of crafted weapon.

Lawliet123
Aug 7, 2014, 06:48 AM
No i didnt, this is the only pa im having problems with.

WildarmsRE5
Aug 7, 2014, 07:22 AM
Hey guys, when i change a Tourmalinca with 90 rare stones for a Fleetmalinca, does the Tour needs to be remain untouched (aka not set as owner)?

Also, how to get a Sylphmalinca? :v

Thanks...not to burst your bubble but, it's gonna take a WHOLE LOT longer for that Sylphmalica, either 2 years or 1 and a half since it's from SH AQ (Super Hard Advance Quests ft. lvl 65+ enemies)

might take more than that since SEA version updates like a turtle compared to JP. but if you compare it to SEA Dragon Nest, it's equal.

martinwai
Aug 7, 2014, 09:22 AM
How do i get ac from Canada?
I'm not sure where to buy it.......
thanks.

Kamekur
Aug 7, 2014, 09:49 AM
Why does my lvl 14 kanran kikyou deal so little dmg. 90% of the time it deals 1350x2 dmg and 10% of the time it deals 2100x2 dmg. Im using a +10 kenei lvl 1 potential 30 element. I have 1930 satk. I have seen videos of bravers dealing constant dmg with this PA. I doubt i should be dealing 1350x2. We are talking about charged PA at both cases.Im sure im not hitting weak points. Am i doing something wrong or is this how its supposed to be.

Are you doing Just Attacks (you press the PA button once the circle around you goes red) ?

Lawliet123
Aug 7, 2014, 09:56 AM
Are you doing Just Attacks (you press the PA button once the circle around you goes red) ?
Yes i am sometimes i deal 1350x2 and sometimes 2100x2 charged JA in both cases. If that matters im level 70/59 BR HU, im missing 13% from fury combo up and 4% from JA bonus 2

AlliThePally
Aug 7, 2014, 09:59 AM
So there is no way for me to play this game at the moment if I live in USA? I'm looking around it seems like there is no way but with as many screenshots i've seen I have to wonder if I'm missing something :P

Shadowth117
Aug 7, 2014, 10:13 AM
Yes i am sometimes i deal 1350x2 and sometimes 2100x2 charged JA in both cases. If that matters im level 70/59 BR HU, im missing 13% from fury combo up and 4% from JA bonus 2

....do you even realize how much that is? The JA itself provides a bonus as well as the skill tree buffs that magnify its effects.

So there is no way for me to play this game at the moment if I live in USA? I'm looking around it seems like there is no way but with as many screenshots i've seen I have to wonder if I'm missing something :P

There are various ways. Some are more involved than others though and you may have to do a bit of digging one way or another to set it up.

final_attack
Aug 7, 2014, 10:13 AM

Uh .... did you time the timing right? Releasing the button, when clashing sound is heard .... I can't think another reason for dealing unreliable damage (the reasons I can think of for now is ... not JA'ed, crafted weapon, and timing for releasing PA button)

WNxTyr4el
Aug 7, 2014, 10:26 AM
How else can you connect to the game?

I currently can but my friend may have problems. The website didn't load for him and he couldn't download the downloader so I sent him the downloader but I'm thinking ahead. If he can't connect, what can he do? What are the easiest options?

Sizustar
Aug 7, 2014, 10:29 AM
How else can you connect to the game?

I currently can but my friend may have problems. The website didn't load for him and he couldn't download the downloader so I sent him the downloader but I'm thinking ahead. If he can't connect, what can he do? What are the easiest options?

Ping Zapper, or hotspot shield or Soft ether VPN Program(Can be found through google)
Amazon AWS tunneling(Can be found on the first page of this forum)
Switch to an ISP that can connect to the yahoo backbone

Lawliet123
Aug 7, 2014, 11:05 AM
Uh .... did you time the timing right? Releasing the button, when clashing sound is heard .... I can't think another reason for dealing unreliable damage (the reasons I can think of for now is ... not JA'ed, crafted weapon, and timing for releasing PA button)

Yes im sure cuz if i dont JA kanran hits only once and deals 700-800dmg. i got my kenei from the matterboard, haven't changed affixes it has 895 attack. I guess ill wait till i put more points in my hunter tree and get a better weapon with 50 element.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 7, 2014, 11:13 AM
Ping Zapper, or hotspot shield or Soft ether VPN Program(Can be found through google)
Amazon AWS tunneling(Can be found on the first page of this forum)
Switch to an ISP that can connect to the yahoo backbone

Are all of those free unlimited and safe?

Kamekur
Aug 7, 2014, 11:16 AM
Yes im sure cuz if i dont JA kanran hits only once and deals 700-800dmg. i got my kenei from the matterboard, haven't changed affixes it has 895 attack. I guess ill wait till i put more points in my hunter tree and get a better weapon with 50 element.

I hope you're not confusing charging the PA and doing a JA or Just Attack. They're two different things. Doing a Just Attack is pressing the PA button when the red circle or sphere around you turns red. Kanran is a chargeable PA, meaning you need to hold the PA button until you hear the "ching" sound and another type of blue circle around you turns red.

Lawliet123
Aug 7, 2014, 11:34 AM
I hope you're not confusing charging the PA and doing a JA or Just Attack. They're two different things. Doing a Just Attack is pressing the PA button when the red circle or sphere around you turns red. Kanran is a chargeable PA, meaning you need to hold the PA button until you hear the "ching" sound and another type of blue circle around you turns red.

Oh god im stupid, thanks for the help buddy

callmejustwatch
Aug 7, 2014, 12:01 PM
i launch pso2 in tweaker and it loads and says pso2.exe has stopped working and closes it

WNxTyr4el
Aug 7, 2014, 12:37 PM
i launch pso2 in tweaker and it loads and says pso2.exe has stopped working and closes it

I imagine Tweaker updates the game automatically so it can't be that...maybe perform a Check PSO2 Files?

IndigoNovember
Aug 7, 2014, 12:39 PM
For Kreisenschlag, I remember people saying that you had to manually rotate your character to get all the hits to land on an enemy in front of you. Is this correct? If so, how exactly would I do this?

callmejustwatch
Aug 7, 2014, 12:41 PM
I imagine Tweaker updates the game automatically so it can't be that...maybe perform a Check PSO2 Files?

i did all the trouble shoot

airprinzh2o
Aug 7, 2014, 01:13 PM
I have tried searching the forum and googling but I'm bad at that so decided to just ask the questions here and hopefully someone could answer and/or provide links :)

1) Do Brave Stance and Wise Stance effects cancel/reduce each other? For example if both Brave and Wise Stances are level 1, I land a hit from the front, is it gona be the 105% from Brave or 105% x 95% = 99.75% by multiplying the effect of Brave and penalty of Wise?

2) When I grind a weapon with the possible penalty of -2 levels @failure, can i use Grind Risk Reduction (+1) to make the possible penalty -1 or can i ONLy use Grind Risk Reduction (+2)?

3) Do I lose the Grind Risk Reduction item whether a grind succeeds or not, or only when it fails and the item is used up to alleviate the penalty?

Xemn4s
Aug 7, 2014, 01:19 PM
Hi there everyone, I have a question.

I am trying to play PSO 2 for my first time on the PC, but am having trouble with the process. Bittorent is needed to download the big file needed to play the game, but this program (bittorent) won't open on my computer.

Do any of you you have any recommendations as to what I can do? I've tried other programs like Vuze but it is not working still.

Thanks!

Sanguine2009
Aug 7, 2014, 01:20 PM
I have tried searching the forum and googling but I'm bad at that so decided to just ask the questions here and hopefully someone could answer and/or provide links :)

1) Do Brave Stance and Wise Stance effects cancel/reduce each other? For example if both Brave and Wise Stances are level 1, I land a hit from the front, is it gona be the 105% from Brave or 105% x 95% = 99.75% by multiplying the effect of Brave and penalty of Wise?

2) When I grind a weapon with the possible penalty of -2 levels @failure, can i use Grind Risk Reduction (+1) to make the possible penalty -1 or can i ONLy use Grind Risk Reduction (+2)?

3) Do I lose the Grind Risk Reduction item whether a grind succeeds or not, or only when it fails and the item is used up to alleviate the penalty?

1) you cannot have two stances from the same class active at the same time, when you turn on brave stance you turn off wise if its active. neither gives any effect until you turn it on. they stack with stances from other classes like hunter or braver

2)you can use either

3)yes, its consumed either way.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 7, 2014, 01:22 PM

1.) You can't use multiple stances from the same class, in this case fighter. You can mix stances from main class and subclass though (like fighter main, Hunter sub), like you could use brave and fury stance. Both effects from both stances apply.

2.) You can use a risk reduction +1 to reduce the risk to -1

3.) You lose the risk reduction item regardless of the grind failing or succeeding

EDIT: Ninja'd

WNxTyr4el
Aug 7, 2014, 01:25 PM
Hi there everyone, I have a question.

I am trying to play PSO 2 for my first time on the PC, but am having trouble with the process. Bittorent is needed to download the big file needed to play the game, but this program (bittorent) won't open on my computer.

Do any of you you have any recommendations as to what I can do? I've tried other programs like Vuze but it is not working still.

Thanks!

I assume you're talking about downloading the story patch. Just use uTorrent. Make sure to decline all the offers they throw at you. It's Adware and annoying to remove. Just read every install page carefully. But you should be fine once that gets going.

airprinzh2o
Aug 7, 2014, 01:25 PM
1) you cannot have two stances from the same class active at the same time, when you turn on brave stance you turn off wise if its active. neither gives any effect until you turn it on. they stack with stances from other classes like hunter or braver

2)you can use either

3)yes, its consumed either way.

Oh cool! Thanks for the quick responses!!

airprinzh2o
Aug 7, 2014, 01:30 PM
1.) You can't use multiple stances from the same class, in this case fighter. You can mix stances from main class and subclass though (like fighter main, Hunter sub), like you could use brave and fury stance. Both effects from both stances apply.

2.) You can use a risk reduction +1 to reduce the risk to -1

3.) You lose the risk reduction item regardless of the grind failing or succeeding

EDIT: Ninja'd

Haha even though you got ninja'd but still thanks for answering!

Xemn4s
Aug 7, 2014, 01:33 PM
I assume you're talking about downloading the story patch. Just use uTorrent. Make sure to decline all the offers they throw at you. It's Adware and annoying to remove. Just read every install page carefully. But you should be fine once that gets going.

Thanks!

callmejustwatch
Aug 7, 2014, 01:33 PM
WHY WONT my tweaker launch the game pso2.exe stopped working how do i fix this i wana play

Hatsodoom
Aug 7, 2014, 01:43 PM
So just got some AC today and bought Premium and my first AC Scratch. Got Dark Race Wings which I've seen around a lot. I don't want it... and I have a shop now so... any idea how much it might go for?

Sizustar
Aug 7, 2014, 01:45 PM
So just got some AC today and bought Premium and my first AC Scratch. Got Dark Race Wings which I've seen around a lot. I don't want it... and I have a shop now so... any idea how much it might go for?

Different price on different ship
Just check what other people are sellling int the shop, you can either search normall, or place it in the shop, and use the 2nd option, that will search for same name item to see what other people are selling it at.

Eggplant
Aug 7, 2014, 02:09 PM
Why do people create more than one character when you can change your class and subclass anytime?

Hatsodoom
Aug 7, 2014, 02:14 PM
Different price on different ship
Just check what other people are sellling int the shop, you can either search normall, or place it in the shop, and use the 2nd option, that will search for same name item to see what other people are selling it at.

I don't anyone else was selling it since it just kept "Communicating". That said I just slapped it for 10M cuze something I want is 10M and it sold nearly INSTANTLY.

Kamekur
Aug 7, 2014, 02:14 PM
Why do people create more than one character when you can change your class and subclass anytime?

Race stats/dress up/more taco (before the incoming nerf)/different skill trees/rather get character instead of mag/dress up/dress up/waifu simulator.

Sizustar
Aug 7, 2014, 02:17 PM
Race stats/dress up/more taco (before the incoming nerf)/different skill trees/rather get character instead of mag/dress up/dress up/waifu simulator.

And also Daily craft that gives 10 Tech Pa fragment that sells for 10k each every 3 day.
So 200k easy income with 2 character.

GHNeko
Aug 7, 2014, 02:26 PM
I know with my second character, I play him strictly in TPS mode with KB/M. My main I use a controller because PSO deserves to be played on controllers.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 7, 2014, 02:57 PM
WHY WONT my tweaker launch the game pso2.exe stopped working how do i fix this i wana play

Have you tried googling the problem?

Try this? http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193938

Make sure all your drivers are up to date and you have DirectX9 installed

Chacron
Aug 7, 2014, 06:19 PM
How do you delete a character? I know that you click on the character in question on character selection then hit yes + ctrl to delete in the past. But now it sort of puts some yellow text on the character instead of immediately deleting. Did they change up the deletion process?

Rain Walker
Aug 7, 2014, 07:52 PM
How do you delete a character? I know that you click on the character in question on character selection then hit yes + ctrl to delete in the past. But now it sort of puts some yellow text on the character instead of immediately deleting. Did they change up the deletion process?

You need to wait 24h

WildarmsRE5
Aug 7, 2014, 08:05 PM
more taco (before the incoming nerf)/dress up/waifu simulator.TAs are not really being nerfed, they're buffed in exchange for the 1 week cooldown.

Chacron
Aug 7, 2014, 09:20 PM
You need to wait 24h

I see, so there is a wait time then. Thank you for the response.

Brizone
Aug 8, 2014, 12:48 AM
Guys, what are stances? (Brave Fury and Wise Stance) and how do i "activate" it?

Sorry for this noob question :v

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2014, 12:51 AM
Guys, what are stances? (Brave Fury and Wise Stance) and how do i "activate" it?

Sorry for this noob question :vThey're skills, you unlock them in your skill tree. If you're asking how to activate them then you have to put them on your sub palette and use them to activate or deactivate them.

UnLucky
Aug 8, 2014, 12:53 AM
TAs are not really being nerfed, they're buffed in exchange for the 1 week cooldown.

So they're being nerfed then

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2014, 12:55 AM
They're being nerfed for the people who did them everyday and buffed for people who did them like once or twice a week.

Dugs
Aug 8, 2014, 02:33 AM
Earlier there was this in game announcement that looked like it said 350% boosts were going to happen. Did I just completely misunderstand that or no?

Aquanos
Aug 8, 2014, 04:15 AM
Does anyone have a video of a 12 Star dropping
Niconico or youtube

Tes
Aug 8, 2014, 04:54 AM
How do I use the add class items? I got a rod i bought and an add techer class. I read on cirno its via extend equipment but it doesn't explain where to do this?

UnLucky
Aug 8, 2014, 04:56 AM
Earlier there was this in game announcement that looked like it said 350% boosts were going to happen. Did I just completely misunderstand that or no?
Was it about the 3.5 million accounts celebration? There's still events going on for that, check Bumped for 2nd Anniversary/Interlocking Web Event.

Symphie
Aug 8, 2014, 10:14 AM
How do I use the add class items? I got a rod i bought and an add techer class. I read on cirno its via extend equipment but it doesn't explain where to do this?

My Room Terminal -> Craft -> My Craft -> Extend Equipment -> Pick your weapon in the list.

When you have selected the weapon for extending, you have 3 drop down boxes before making changes final and one of them lets you pick the class item(where another lets you pick to use the lowered equip requirement item).

oratank
Aug 8, 2014, 11:58 AM
it said something like 6th-13th 350% boost but just 100 in game. i have no idea for what happen

airprinzh2o
Aug 8, 2014, 11:59 AM
Many people say crafting/extension isn't worth it.

1) Is it becasue the 55%~100% fuctuation? Cirnopedia makes it sound like only 7* and above has such fluctuation, if that's the case then does that mean I should extend weapons 6* and below since it's easily 400+ damage on the weapon?

2) What about extended units? Is there such fluctuation on their parameters as well? Because any unit with a mere LV.1 extension has like 150+ on all 3 types of defense parameters, which is at least twice as good as most of the units I have now.

3) So in general when is a good time to craft/extend weapons/units or should I simply disregard the function completely?

Eggplant
Aug 8, 2014, 12:32 PM
1. How do I level up my techniques? I bought an Ilmegid from Photon store but it's 1lvl.

2. When I try to "wear" my mag, it asks me about if I want to consume(?) an item. Should I do it? Is it permanent or just one time use only?

3. Can you old equipments with bonuses into pieces or materials for crafting or should I just NPC them?

4. Is there a way to change your weapon without opening the palette? Using the scroll wheel opens up the palette and lets you pick the weapon you want to use, but is there a way to prevent this palette from opening?

5. Can you change the game resolution or turn the graphics lower/higher? My game launches in window mode but it's still a bit too large for my screen. In-game settings only let me to minimize the shadows and etc.

6. How do I join concerts and ARK ship invasion thing (the one that has a 30 minute timer and percentage thing at the top of screen)?

7. In dungeons there are plenty of hologram things and differently colored floating stones that give tips or show a NPC cut scenes. How do I know which ones are worth of wasting time to open?

8. Should I be worried if do more damage with a gunslash than with a rod/talis as a force?

Skyly
Aug 8, 2014, 12:45 PM
Anyone have an estimate on how much damage a LV10 Il-barta does compared to LV16? I'm debating on if I should hunt on just stay content with my LV8 disk and just sell the LV10 I found and continue hunting for LV16. Much appreciated.

Tes
Aug 8, 2014, 01:03 PM
Awesome thanks for that.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 8, 2014, 01:09 PM
1. How do I level up my techniques? I bought an Ilmegid from Photon store but it's 1lvl.
Theyre dropped in dungeons as green disc looking things

2. When I try to "wear" my mag, it asks me about if I want to consume(?) an item. Should I do it? Is it permanent or just one time use only?
Its one time use and yes. Your mag is the floating thing above your head. It adds to your stats. Be sure to feed it items. From reading your other questions it seems you're a FO, so feed it staves and talis and wands
3. Can you old equipments with bonuses into pieces or materials for crafting or should I just NPC them?

4. Is there a way to change your weapon without opening the palette? Using the scroll wheel opens up the palette and lets you pick the weapon you want to use, but is there a way to prevent this palette from opening?

5. Can you change the game resolution or turn the graphics lower/higher? My game launches in window mode but it's still a bit too large for my screen. In-game settings only let me to minimize the shadows and etc.
If using PSO2 Tweaker, yes. Click the orb and go to PSO2 Options.

6. How do I join concerts and ARK ship invasion thing (the one that has a 30 minute timer and percentage thing at the top of screen)?

7. In dungeons there are plenty of hologram things and differently colored floating stones that give tips or show a NPC cut scenes. How do I know which ones are worth of wasting time to open?
Gold ones are story related. Click these if they appear.

8. Should I be worried if do more damage with a gunslash than with a rod/talis as a force?
Nah. It's normal. I'm a new FO too. Asked the same question. Doesn't matter but you will primarily use Talis and Staff for your Techs. Gunslash is good for quick PP regen

See bold.

Tes
Aug 8, 2014, 01:12 PM
I'm guessing the fluctuation is when you're extending it? 'Cos my T-ATK has now dropped (was 1100+). Probably a stupid question (as i've never crafted before now), but the fluctuation isn't whilst using the item in the field is it? Only when crafting additions etc?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Homicidal_Monkey/Weapon.png

Sizustar
Aug 8, 2014, 01:35 PM
I'm guessing the fluctuation is when you're extending it? 'Cos my T-ATK has now dropped (was 1100+). Probably a stupid question (as i've never crafted before now), but the fluctuation isn't whilst using the item in the field is it? Only when crafting additions etc?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Homicidal_Monkey/Weapon.png

Rare weapon(9~12*) have an inate bonus that deals 90%~100% damage.
Crafted weapon lose that inate bonus, and damage variance will go from 55%~100%, reducing total DPS.

Tes
Aug 8, 2014, 01:37 PM
That sucks. Well i'll just buy another one for when I use my main Force class. Just annoying levelling Techer without a rod.

IndigoNovember
Aug 8, 2014, 01:48 PM
You can un-extend it when you're done leveling Techer.

Kikikiki
Aug 8, 2014, 01:49 PM
That sucks. Well i'll just buy another one for when I use my main Force class. Just annoying levelling Techer without a rod.

I think you can reset crafting now right?

Sanguine2009
Aug 8, 2014, 02:00 PM
correct, for some meseta and an excube you can undo extensions

Tes
Aug 8, 2014, 02:19 PM
Would it go back to being the original power?

Sanguine2009
Aug 8, 2014, 02:21 PM
it should completely undo it, make it as if it was never crafted in the first place

HeyItsTHK
Aug 8, 2014, 02:21 PM
Yes it removes all extensions.

airprinzh2o
Aug 8, 2014, 02:42 PM
Rare weapon(9~12*) have an inate bonus that deals 90%~100% damage.
Crafted weapon lose that inate bonus, and damage variance will go from 55%~100%, reducing total DPS.

so ALL crafted weapons will have the damage variance of 55% ~ 100% and not just crafted rare weapons right? How about crafted units, do they have similar kind of fluctuation in their parameters as well?

Kondibon
Aug 8, 2014, 02:47 PM
so ALL crafted weapons will have the damage variance of 55% ~ 100% and not just crafted rare weapons right? How about crafted units, do they have similar kind of fluctuation in their parameters as well?The reason people mention it for rares specifically is because common weapons don't have the damage variance bonus in the first place, so nothing changes for them in that regard.

And no, units are probably more worth extending. They lose their hidden bonuses but they get fixed ones depending on which defense you craft them for, and keep their set bonuses.

airprinzh2o
Aug 8, 2014, 03:01 PM
The reason people mention it for rares specifically is because common weapons don't have the damage variance bonus in the first place, so nothing changes for them in that regard.

And no, units are probably more worth extending. They lose their hidden bonuses but they get fixed ones depending on which defense you craft them for, and keep their set bonuses.

Alright thanks for the clarification~

Skyly
Aug 8, 2014, 03:17 PM
Anyone have an estimate on how much damage a LV10 Il-barta does compared to LV16? I'm debating on if I should hunt on just stay content with my LV8 disk and just sell the LV10 I found and continue hunting for LV16. Much appreciated.

Question bump