Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

That's insane...imagine what's possible now if we can make LOLSTEALTHTANKS.

The days of hax wars are upon us, lulz.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

2012 It says?

These all remind me of the camo technology that they had from Japan, but much more finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPVQal851U

Oh, shit, 2012?
    Guys, I just remembered something: that's the year the Mayans predicted the WORLD IS GOING TO END. Imagine what could happen when the Stealth Tanks turn on their human masters! We don't stand a chance.

On 2007-10-30 18:57, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
    2012 It says?

These all remind me of the camo technology that they had from Japan, but much more finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPVQal851U

MyrtleBeachRealEstat wrote:
    So, do all my base belong to you?
    Yes, MyrtleBeachRealEstat, Yes they do.

That is impressive

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlackHat on 2007-10-30 20:18 ]</font>

On 2007-10-30 20:10, astuarlen wrote:
    Oh, shit, 2012?
    Guys, I just remembered something: that's the year the Mayans predicted the WORLD IS GOING TO END. Imagine what could happen when the Stealth Tanks turn on their human masters! We don't stand a chance.
    Haha, you're concerned about it too? It's been on my mind for a very long time.

Considering all these "war" topics and new war technology, I think I know what will become of the world soon enough.
    /offtopic.

Back on topic, How far do you think this technology will go? Will we start seeing "press button to camo" or something soon enough? That'll be cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-10-30 20:32 ]</font>

Maya stela occasionally show dates beyond 2012. Most of these are in the form of "distance dates", where a Long Count date is given with a distance date to be added. For example, on Tablet of Inscriptions from Palenque we find the following Long Count date: 9.8.9.13.0 8 Ahau 13 Pop (24th March 603 AD Gregorian) with a distance date of 10.11.10.5.8. The resulting date is given as 1.0.0.0.0.8 5 Lamat 1 Mol,[10] or 21st October 4772 AD – almost 3,000 years into the future. The king Pacal of Palenque predicted that on this date the eightieth Calendar Round anniversary of his accession
    2012 doesn't mark the end of the Mayan Calendar. It marks the end of the age. It's like a cosmic New Year. It's like freaking out over the Gregorian calendar ending December 31st, because nothing comes after that date. Well yes, it does, it simply rolls over. Same with the Mayan Calendar.

In any case, it wouldn't matter if the world did end. Whether you die alone, or you die with the world. You're still dead.

/offtopic

As for the camouflage, I've seen this type of technology in use in universities in Japan - but it's the first practical application of it I've seen. Well, semi-practical anyhow. I don't really see how it'll be useful in traditional combat scenarios. Seems better suited to semi-stationary positions and ambushes where you have time to set up all the equiptment. We won't really see it being useful until OLED (or some other technology) allows you to "paint" a vehicle or clothing in a light projecting covering. Then affix cameras to each angle on the object and imbed miniature cameras to capture the landscape on one side of the object and display it on the other.

Also, if they were holding "secret" tests of this new technology - then why spill the beans about it before it's combat ready? Seems to me that the best way to reveal this information to outside sources - is when it's firing on them.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

*cue Solid Snake* STEALTH CAMOUFLAGE?

Although it's clearly only in early stages (cameras and projectors had to be mounted so the tank could blend in, which is obviously no use in a battle), it definately has potential, and if it can be cut down to affect single soldiers, we may, in many years be looking at a totally new approach to combat.

Until we get thermoptic camouflage, Ghost in the Shell style though, I'll just keep an eye on how this develops

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Sounds like h4x.

On 2007-10-31 00:59, Sinue_v2 wrote:
    Maya stela occasionally show dates beyond 2012. Most of these are in the form of "distance dates", where a Long Count date is given with a distance date to be added. For example, on Tablet of Inscriptions from Palenque we find the following Long Count date: 9.8.9.13.0 8 Ahau 13 Pop (24th March 603 AD Gregorian) with a distance date of 10.11.10.5.8. The resulting date is given as 1.0.0.0.0.8 5 Lamat 1 Mol,[10] or 21st October 4772 AD – almost 3,000 years into the future. The king Pacal of Palenque predicted that on this date the eightieth Calendar Round anniversary of his accession
    2012 doesn't mark the end of the Mayan Calendar. It marks the end of the age. It's like a cosmic New Year. It's like freaking out over the Gregorian calendar ending December 31st, because nothing comes after that date. Well yes, it does, it simply rolls over. Same with the Mayan Calendar.

In any case, it wouldn't matter if the world did end. Whether you die alone, or you die with the world. You're still dead.
    That's nice and everything, but I saw this program on TV several years ago about how all our machines--toasters, fax machines, computers, you name it--are going to rise up against us in 2012, as predicted by the Mayans. I have to go with the more credible source, sorry.

On 2007-10-31 00:59, Sinue_v2 wrote:
    Also, if they were holding "secret" tests of this new technology - then why spill the beans about it before it's combat ready?
    Because they've been experimenting with this technology since the early 90's. This is not actually something that's new. At best, it's something that's just now becoming practical. Given that, just consider what they aren't telling us about.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016