Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

From the latest issues of Famitsu and Dengeki PLayStation, we have some new information on the upcoming Japanese event Maximum Attack G, part of the 20th anniversary celebration of the Phantasy Star series. Max-Attack G will begin in December, but a specific date has not been determined just yet.

As the event's storyline tells, a battle simulator known as "VR: Maximum Attack" was discovered on Dark Ryucross. This simulator has been reconstructed for use by the GUARDIANS.

Missions
    Two missions have been confirmed, both of which take place in PSO-inspired locales: the forest and mines. Special adjustments will be made to the enemies in these missions, much like what was seen during the 1Up Platinum Cup. Their HP will be at 50%, EXP will be 250% of the normal amount and their drop rates will be increased to 250%. Furthermore, two lead characters from PSO might show up during battle: Ash and Rupika! (Note that these missions will be available only to Ambition of the Illuminus players.)

A trade mission will also be available where players can trade certain items for new weapons and clothing. The HUmar clothing as well as a certain madoog based on the design of Pushan are two confirmed trade items.

Event rewards
    At the end of the event, many special rewards can be earned for select players as well as the community as a whole. Some of these include the normal increased synthesis rates, half-price room decorations and free Lumilass makeovers, among other things. The Bouquet and Spread Needle are two prizes that may be awarded to certain individuals who do exceptionally well during the event.

I knew it. This is 1UP Part II. Now that is good news.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Song for Death part deux: Spread Needle? DO WANT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2007-11-21 07:05 ]</font>

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Ugh... I'm not really thrilled with the drop rate increase. Once was enough. A Spread Needle sounds cool though, as long as its not hax.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Wow...sounds awesome. Gib spread needle + bouqet.

Sounds like quite a bit of nostalgia as well in the new generation. I'm pretty amped to play forest and mines in PSU. Too bad we won't get this for quite some time US side lawl.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Forgive the odd request: what does the mag "Pushan" look like? Similarly, pics of the PSO characters Ash & Rupika would be nice.

I did play PSO, but had to quit during it's early development - I don't think Mags were even available yet here... so I have little idea what the hell Pushan was/is; similarly the two Hunter's names sound familiar, but can't place faces... help?
    PSO2 -
    Ranger
    Cast
    Hero

The Unofficial PSOW Lolibrarian

Now THIS will be fuckin' awesome. I cannot wait to cross Gizonde with Rupika again!

Uh...mags were available from day 1, I believe. Some of the rare models may not have been released yet, but the mags themselves had always been available.

Edit: Remind me who Rupika is? I remember Ash.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinako78 on 2007-11-21 07:35 ]</font>
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

Pushan - just look through the mag guides under PSO on this site, should find it quite easily.

Ash - looks just like the generic (orange suit, brown hair) HUmar.

Rupika - I dunno.