Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    a comfortable place between dreams and reality

On 2008-03-01 20:39, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Why'd you have to send in your console then? If it worked without the HDD, then it was the HDD. If it didn't, then it was the console.

Strange.
    For MS, it costs less money to send out a refurb than to investigate the actual problem. You have to account for the number of idiots that think their "cup holder" won't work or some crap like that.

Sure, a good majority of the people that frequent this forum are tech savvy, but average Joe is a slack-jawed moron. For them its best to just go with the "screw it, give him a new one" policy and just collect all the supposedly faulty hardware.

I'm just puzzled as to why, if they troubleshot (that doesn't sound right to me...) the RLoD (Lights, not a ring dammit!) and found the issue to be with the Hard Drive, they made him send the console as well.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

On 2008-03-01 23:17, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
    I'm just puzzled as to why, if they troubleshot (that doesn't sound right to me...) the RLoD (Lights, not a ring dammit!) and found the issue to be with the Hard Drive, they made him send the console as well.
    I thought it was odd as well. And it did work fine without the hard drive, but it might just a safeguard against fraud. That way you can't just keep getting new 360's from them and selling them.
    Be prepared for life........because it has sharp objects.

If the HDD was the problem the should have just walked you through reformatting it, or sending it in alone.

I'm quite perplexed.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

They walked me through a format, and it did the trick for about an hour, then the problems arose again. After that was when they said to send it in. But I guess if their policy is just to replace the 360, and the HDD was the issue, they would want me to send that in as well, just so that I wouldn't cheat them out of a Hard Drive.

Update on the situation: http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/03/07/...screwed-gamer/

Go Bungie, w00t.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Wow, I'd be really pissed if I were that guy.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

On 2008-03-01 16:55, Shattered_weasel wrote:
    The guy who sent it in is a complete idiot.
    On 2008-03-01 13:03, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

I'll say it again. They tell you on the phone to ONLY SEND IN THE CONSOLE. NOTHING ELSE. Then, when you open the coffin they send you, there's a sheet in there that says ONLY SEND IN THE CONSOLE. ANYTHING ELSE SENT WILL NOT BE RETURNED. It's your own damn fault for not being able to read.

Just because the guy asked to have the same one returned doesn't mean they'll oblige him. Hardware failures are dealt with by sending a new unit. I sincerely doubt they would go through the effort of not only putting his case on a new 360, but then also wiping it down.

I honestly don't feel all that bad.
    Guys, guys! Read the Article. The guy with the (undoubtedly) unique and extra valuable 360 was assured by the representative on the Phone that the original 360 would be sent back untouched. Even with that in mind, he wrote a letter to MS repair service just to be extra careful about the situation. Even after getting their word from an MS Rep and sending off a letter describing the circumstance, MS still managed to screw him over.

So what should he have done? He was thinking about fixing the 360 himself but by doing so he'd void the warranty and may have fucked up the console even more. What he did is what anyone would do, go through with MS repairs after being assured by a Rep that everything would be O.k.

On 2008-03-08 05:51, Ian-KunX wrote:
    Update on the situation: http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/03/07/...screwed-gamer/

Go Bungie, w00t.
    Wow! That's awesome, but also sad that Bunjie had too step in to fix what Microsoft screwed up.