Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Same with me, I hate seeing weapons that aren't /10. Likewise my OCD nature means I'm very particular about weapons that aren't capped. >_>

So I have very little leeway to work with and still be happy with my weapons.

To me, a weapon is a weapon, no matter how many breaks it has. I couldn't care less, even if it was 0/0.
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

The Singing RAcast~! R2D6battlebot's Avatar

I wont use any x/9 or lower weapons at all, I'd rather have a 3/10 than a 9/9 of ANY wep except Repca, and even that I wouldn't use it unless it was higher than 36% of whatever element.
    A ranks - I have all mine at 10/10 for any A rank that isn't melee (melee weps I don't usually grind at all, but I won't use any A rank melee that isn't at least 42%)
    S ranks - I try to grind them to at least 7/10, sometimes I'll stay at 5/10 depending on how much the weapon means to me at the time (Psycho Wand, Blackbull). If I break a weapon before it gets to what I want, I just buy another one (or six) at 0/10 and keep trying to get one as high as I want, OR until I waste too much money that day on a bad luck streak (needless to say, if I can't replace a weapon, I just won't grind it until I can). Again, with melee I won't grind at all most of the time, but I won't use any melee S ranks unless the % is at least 36 (I'm a little more lenient on S ranks).

I don't care if people call me an elitist or not, I play how I want and you can play how you want. I don't talk shit about other peoples' gear unless they talk shit about me or mine first, because I know that I put a LOT of time into getting the things I have, and I realize not everybody has that amount of time to spend on getting items in a video game :/
    Last edited by R2D6battlebot; Jun 28, 2008 at 06:52 PM.
    Recently gone back to PSO.
    Currently hunting -- God/Ability x3, MILLA, Luck Materials.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I once attacked someone with Soren using a wind tome, and it had one use left. I finished the enemy off, but I got an error saying "A wind broke."

I'm not a fan of grinding in general. So much hassle for so little reward. Because of this, I hardly ever grind past 3. It doesn't matter if I can't get all ten grinds on a weapon, seeing how I'm never going to shoot that high anyway. It's just numbers that will never be used for combat.
    Of course, if I'm using a weapon that grinds incredibly well, I take back my words. I try to get it as high as I can, so that it's either as good or better as any other weapon I'd be using.

X/10 is always hotter then 9/9.. any lower just looks nasty... and even then.. any S rank past 6 grinds i consider hacked (ie grinder glitch).. of course not all are.
    Can't we all just get along?

I play too much to post here much. Mman2000's Avatar

As far as I'm concerned, 8 is the lowest number I'm willing to let a weapon break to. Since I'm not using S ranks yet I'm better off going to higher grade weapons than settling for a low grinder.
    When the king acts like a badass the ace just sits back and lets him make a fool out of himself.

i only use */10-*/8, other than that i guess i wouldnt use... but the normal amount of grinds 4 me usually has to be up to 4.

I am a Hildetorr to know what you are take the quiz here.

It sure has been a while, pso-world. It sure has...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I once attacked someone with Soren using a wind tome, and it had one use left. I finished the enemy off, but I got an error saying "A wind broke."

I'm not a fan of grinding in general. So much hassle for so little reward. Because of this, I hardly ever grind past 3. It doesn't matter if I can't get all ten grinds on a weapon, seeing how I'm never going to shoot that high anyway. It's just numbers that will never be used for combat.
    Of course, if I'm using a weapon that grinds incredibly well, I take back my words. I try to get it as high as I can, so that it's either as good or better as any other weapon I'd be using.
    Inorite. I just hate it when those Wolfbiels/Rapiers break.

On the contrary, I'm only satisfied if a weapon is above 5/x. So basically anything less than 5/5 really pisses me off. I just don't see the point in holding off SEVEN levels of grinding potential if the weapon is only 3/10 (just throwing out an example, not attacking you in particular). Of course that IS how my Bil De Axe ended up 2/2.

But it is true that for the most part grinding is more of a status/epeen value than it is for combat.

I OCD about broken weapons. I cannot stand them for some reason. Even though I only grind to 3/10 on S ranks, I couldn't stand a 3/9. Two days ago I saw a 5/9 28% Light Spadac up for 3.5, I almost broke my code; I told myself I'd buy it if it was still there in the morning, which it wasn't- I sort of regretted it..

Rehabbed SEGAholic

People like the OP are the ones that make the economy so easy to exploit. A 9/9 or 8/8 are just as good if not better than a #/10, yet are devalued for being broken. Sure the item may not have the potential to make a 10/10, but unless you grind it up to a 10/10 and it doesn't break then your item will never fulfill that potential either.

People pay a small fortune for 7/10 and 8/10 and sometimes even 9/10 items yet they are too afraid to put the last few grinds on them. Why not just buy a 7/7, 8/8 or 9/9 item if you are never going to attempt to grind them up to a 10/10? Purchasing broken items will save you a lot of money and you never have to worry about them breaking or wasting grinders when they are already at their max grind limit.