Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Everywhere and no where, sometimes at the same time.

Default What is this place? This isn't FKL!

Hi again guys. For a few moments, I'd like to be serious. I want everyone here to pay attention in as much of a serious tone as can be mustered. Please don't consider this a flame or an insult to you or the thread.

You all know that I don't show up here much anymore, but even I have noticed that something is different here. Very different. At first, I showed up, making a usual joke, claiming that there are all these new faces, new things in the forum itself, etc., etc. But now I see it as a strange new land, really, I mean it!

I hope you all don't get miffed with me if I make my point with one of your favorite threads:

"FKL Game discussion thread"?
    "This week in FKL"?
    "FKL Game - TOH Edition"?
    "Mini FKL Flash series"?

How about "FKL 'Come up with something original already?'"?

Where's the FKL that sparked my initial interest?
    I mean, sure who really cares what one lone FKLer thinks, let alone one who rarely shows up, but as I said above, there's no originallity here. At least, not anymore. This is a spam forum. How can this forum possibly run out of spam. Spamming is about something new, being spontanious and random. Not being a mundane forum where we sit and talk about games. Yeah, we did that before, but we all added a spammer's zest into it. We made normal threads into nutty random fun.

I have nothing against you all. You are all spammers, random posters, and all around out-of-the-norm people like myself. Maybe you have all lost your originality? Everything here is changing, and in an off way. The kind of way that I've seen on another forum that ended in most people leaving and not talking because only a few are interested. Like here, how many of you can safely say that you are interested in most of what is talked about here? Hmm? Be honest, all of you visit the above mentioned threads? Probably not. This place is no longer a spamming forum, just a shell, a husk. Maybe that's why I don't spend as much time as I use to here. I mean, I can still safely say I still have friends here, but I never chat much here, because there's nothing to talk about here anymore. What happen to the threads that were such that almost anyone, regardless of history or knowledge could enter and talk, or spam, or be goofy, let of some steam, or whatever. Threads that let everyone in. Now the threads are "exclusive" and only those with the knowledge of that particular speck of knowledge is allowed in.

I know that some of you have bad blood with my brother, (he doesn't hide it well ^.^'), but he says that this is "a different FKL now." An FKL that shuns the less knowledgable? To be blunt, that really saddens me. And you can't just nub it off by saying that it didn't happen or that you don't know what I'm talking about, because I got a taste of that myself. I jumped into a thread that I didn't start in, I tried to get the run down, and was not only not given a rundown so that I might join in their mirth, but was completely ignored! Same thing happened in another thread involving members of the FKL being attacked by zombie hordes. You may say it was an accident, but you all who were playing ignored me. People I knew ignored me. I didn't mind much, I've been ignored tons in my life, but at least give me a quick sentence saying "Sorry Toasties, but you can't really just 'join up'." But that would go back to what I said about only letting a select few play in the raindeer games... Anyway I digress. ... (Kinda derailed for a second, still this is a point that I felt needed to be raised)

I don't know what happened here, or why everyone just started to to hate and distrust everyone else here. When I was here as a regular member, we were all family. We laughed, joked, teased, explained, comforted, and even give advise to each other.

Now instead of being a random forum, this has become a... well bore! A total bore!

I can only ask that you all read this with a sincere heart and mind. If you choose to ignore, or even disregard this... ultimatum, all I can ask is that you do it respectfully. I can only ask that you all don't begin mocking or insulting this. I mean this with my still-high regard of all of you,even those of you I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting.

And I can only hope that I got at least one of you to understand my plight.

Thank you and good night.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

I have to wonder if you actually looked in the This Week in FKL thread. Because it is totally original for the forums, a podcast based on spam.

So basically, your whole post means nothing.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

This board is cyclic. Also, what you considered the golden age is a horrible and filth filled pus pile to older members, who have their own overall unfunny and unclever golden age. See how that works?

Also, any place will run out of "originality" after years of constant floods. It just seems like you are boiling down anything to a simplistic basis, which of course will seem like it's been done before.

As far as pure new posts, what does this mean? A new wording for an older joke or thread? Pure randomness is a style which would not by any means be considered any different from the rest of the pure randomness, because pure randomness IS equal to pure randomness.

Feel free to come up with something original as well. Since it seems so easy and we're apparently doing it all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaster_Boy View Post

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
    Fixed.

Who're you again, sorry?

Also, you haven't been present in FKL for a while. Unless you were lurking, but my point being, if you haven't contributed to this community you have no right to judge.

Everything here is changing, and in an off way.
    Everything here is changing,
    is changing
    changing

CHANGESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Oy, you took my old title you sneaky bastard.

I forgot to add, blame the forum changes. It made us BLAAAAAAAAAND.
    Last edited by Nitro Vordex; Jul 15, 2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: THE ONE REASON.

Life's a bitch and then you die.