Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Weapon / Armor OCD

Since playing PSO and now PSU I suffer from a certain condition that I have to have my items EXACTLY the way I want. In PSO it started with the %'s which should NEVER be below 15%, you can just keep identifying it until you get that 15%... but in PSO you could ADD percentage with PD's oh how I miss that

Now in PSU my melee weapons have to be 20%, 25%, 30% or 50%. Since there is no synthing 40% and very select items could be acquired with 35% or 45%... like 1 or 2. Basically it has to end in a 5%. If I make a weapon and it comes out 38%... I'd sell it and then buy a 30% of the same type.

With Armor the magic # is 32% so when I add a resist unit I get 35% or 50% with a Legless Rainbow. I have a set of Stormlines with 32%... 3/4 of my chacaters are Ranger types, and a lonley Protranser... who IS a Ranger type *sigh*

I also can't use the Twin Ruby Bullet cause of the sound effect, and I'm not hot about the Double Agito... I use Crea Doubles still, Rucar's look cool... but rarely do I find 30%'s to buy and they are expensive.

Anyone else as obsessive?

Not in the least. I´m just after alot of PP on weapons which looks nice, as i hate to go back to town to restock.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

I generally stick to GRM products only. Does that count?
    Kubara Wood - You've never seen wood like this!

Sophos | Ship 02

Percents have to end in a multiple of 5? That's weird, I never heard of that before. Do you have this obsession in real life too? Like for example, only carrying change in multiples of $0.25? (just curious)

I don't think I have any obsessions like that in PSU. I'll use whatever I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by stukasa View Post
    Percents have to end in a multiple of 5? That's weird, I never heard of that before. Do you have this obsession in real life too? Like for example, only carrying change in multiples of $0.25? (just curious)

I don't think I have any obsessions like that in PSU. I'll use whatever I've got.
    I'm a bit obsessive about my X360 Gamerscore as well... it HAS to end in a 0 or 5. For about 6 months I had it ending in a 4 or 9 because of Bullet Witch and I completed Hell mode just for that 1pt to even things out again. If I see a game with "uneven achievements" I try to get them all within 1 day to keep it uniform.

In PSU I stick mainly with 30% or 50%... and I don't keep broken weapons, I'd rather have a 0/10 then a 9/9.

I just have a certain threshold for elemental %. If it's under 26%, I'm genrally unhappy with it, unless it's a hard to get item.

I'm not 'OMG MUST HAVE 50%' ..that's just retarded. By that point, it's just overkill :3

I like all my weapons to be 20%+

I also have an extreme dislike of the number 4 (not just in PSU).

My very first S rank came out at 14%, so with both of these combined it practically killed me ='(

I have a solution for you Rubicon - give me all your high percentage "uneven" weapons from now on and I'll try to get you some 30% ones =P

I most definitely am. All my armors have to be the same percent and must be even or a multiple of five. Right now, all six of my Storm Lines are 30%. And with my weapons, my entire pallet is 0/10. Either ALL my weapons have to be 0/10 or 10/10. I can't have a combination of the two, any that are partially grinded, nor any broken weapons.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Trust me, you're not alone. Many friends as well as myself have our own obsessive habits in the game. I honestly think it's one of the things that keep us hooked and happy.

As for myself, I feel the urge to need full elemental sets of weaponry for everything. I can accept 20% and up, but prefer 40%'s and up. Everything lower than 20% usually causes me to frown and feel the need to randomly clean up my items in storage (no idea why).

Another obsessive habit I used to have was needing to "look" a particular way when playing a certain class. I felt the clothing/parts should represent more or less a generally idolized appearance according to the stats for instance, despite it being only the line shield that really defends you. An example would be playing a CAST Fortegunner. Playing a CAST fortegunner with any parts other than "heavy" appearing PSO RaCast type parts made me feel very uncomfortable.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I used to be "liek omgz only x/10." I'm different now. I don't see the point of having a say 5/10 repca and never grinding it again, so why not just have a 5/5?
    Some of my palettes would drive y'all crazy.
    Example:
    Crea Doubles 38%4/9
    Carriguine-Rucar 34%5/7
    Double Agito 26%0/10
    Twin DB's Swords 22%2/10
    Blackheart 34%7/10
    Bulletdance 3/8
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.