Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSP, a gem or a flop?

Ok so i finally got my copy of the Japanese version of PSP. so far I am really not all that impressed. but then again I know can only understand a little japanese so I got part of the conversations then I don't but graphically wise I am not impressed ive seen better looking games for the PSP. like God of war or Monster Hunter... everything else is the same (which I like cause I love PSU for pc and 360)... I do love the new intro and wish they... how ever I am pretty upset that if this does get ported to english. if they limit it to only PC and PS2 character downloads I will be mega pissed.

on that note I wanted to know what every else things of this... is it a gem or a flop?

It's a handheld port of a console game. I think they did a pretty damn good job, and I'm thoroughly impressed. The graphics are spectacular considering how much is going on at any given time during gameplay.

Sure, there's a few things that could have made it better, like trading. But all in all, it's a very solid game, even if you don't know a lick of Japanese.

Versatile but Indecisive Alizarin's Avatar

I like it. It's essentially a more streamlined version of PSU AOI Offline with a multiplayer option and an assortment of unique goodies. It has 8 character slots, easier saving (compared to PSU Offline), statistic and weapon archiving for the completionists, milestones and titles to work towards, monthly downloadable content updates with plenty of potential to expand and extend the game (emphasis on "potential", it'll all depend on what Sega decides to do with it), and connectivity with PSU Online through a limited extent. All of this, while maintaining the same gameplay and nearly the same customization features that drew me to PSU in the first place.

Also, I am so glad they made all cut-scenes and event dialogues skippable. I really, really, really, really wish they would do the same for PSU Online.

In short, it's a gem with its own merits, considerations taken due to it being on a portable system. The transition was handled quite nicely with a different developer working on it.

GAEMS R ALL ABOUT GRAFIX

PRTYT LITES LOLOL

It's coming to USA dude, don't worry about it :P

And shit, I have the demo and from what I've seen, it actually runs BETTER than on PS2, and I don't notice much graphical difference. If anything it's a better resolution than the PS2 because it's rendered in 16:9

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    GAEMS R ALL ABOUT GRAFIX

PRTYT LITES LOLOL

It's coming to USA dude, don't worry about it :P

And shit, I have the demo and from what I've seen, it actually runs BETTER than on PS2, and I don't notice much graphical difference. If anything it's a better resolution than the PS2 because it's rendered in 16:9
    I noticed that too, however, take into consideration the demo is being loaded off of a memory card. If you have experience with psp mods, you know first hand that the memory card will have no or next to no loading time. That makes a huge difference over the UMD load times, which may end up being quite different. I don't know, I don't have the full version.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I can't say much not having played the game myself, but from other's opinions and conversations, it certainly looks promising in my eyes. Just the fact of having the gameplay of PSU on the go, even if only half similar to the console/pc version, is enough to get the buy from me.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Not to dog the port, its not what I really wanted to come across, I just wanted other people's opinions... I do like it how ever maybe it will be more enjoyable when they bring over to the US. I love the mini new cutscenese *doesn't make a big ol difference but its kinda makes it more enjoyable*
    blah blah blah blah blah blah...

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post
    I noticed that too, however, take into consideration the demo is being loaded off of a memory card. If you have experience with psp mods, you know first hand that the memory card will have no or next to no loading time. That makes a huge difference over the UMD load times, which may end up being quite different. I don't know, I don't have the full version.
    It was different in the demo. I have the UMD demo and the loading times were signifigantly longer than the memory stick version of the demo. You could entirely miss a SUV shot with the loading times. In defence, it only happens the first time you use the SUV during a mission and your are invincible while you sit and wait but you can end up wasting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post
    Rip it to your memory card, then. I do that with all the games I own. The UMD is a horrible, HORRIBLE system and for such small files to transfer from the disc to RAM shouldn't take that long to load, so I put everything on my 4GB stick.