Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeah ... in Plus version it's more easier since what was said above.

I usually go behind the Belra and it becomes dizzy, and then group up enemies to bash them up. With support (Jellen particularly) helps a lot since the Belra shoots its arms off like a cannon, it helps reduce the damage if they smash into you hard or critical (Belras has 50 Luck on Ultimate, so be careful of critical hits). Watch the shooting of its arms carefully and you can avoid it if you are out of its reach. They have a ton of HP so prepare to have a hellish battle unless you are strong enough to take them down fast!
    Last edited by Banish; Oct 28, 2008 at 09:57 AM.

it is easy. temple (if you fine one use a range wepon near the door so you won't get hit much)
    ruin(run around dodging flying arms and use your double saber or asuka (if you have) if you are close to him.the run aruond so he won't hit you with his arms)

I agree with the going-around-and-hitting-from-behind strategy. It's always worked for me. And if there's another one in the room, that's no prob. I just have it help me kill the one I'm focusing on, then move onto him. Of course, I use him to my advantage if I'm in a room full of other enemies, but that's getting off-subject.

...except that Indi Belras can't hurt other monsters. That's part of what makes them so difficult to deal with!

Except even then, they still fall for the same weakness as their Normal-VH counterpart. Either confuse them with Chaos special or confuse trap or have them stop momentarily by moving behind it, then attack.

Exactly. Even though they can't hurt other monsters normally, confusing them gets rid of that. If I'm wrong on this, it's because I haven't played Ult for a couple months now.

Well, Confuse does help the most in dealing with them, but it doesn't enable them to hurt the other enemies. In fact, if there are other enemies in the room, you may be better off confusing them and luring them into attacking the Belra.

Indi Belras one on one are nothing, and you shouldn't even need to confuse them. It's when there are two or three of them that it becomes a problem. Oh, sure, you can still confuse them, but there's always the off chance that their random firing will still hit you anyway. And confusion doesn't last long enough for you to take down one's massive HP bar (unless you're using a Charge Vulcan or something). They can be quite troublesome without the right equipment or abilities.

I don't necessary disagree with what you said, that the fact that its arms don't attack other monsters no matter which state it is in makes it a slight more difficult. But the point in confusing it is to temporary distract it from attacking you such that you could move in close range and thus you won't have to worry about dodging its long range attack. Or likewise, like you said, you bring in the other monsters and confuse them at the same time.

Same strategy for 3 Indi Belras, and for offline, most of them are staggered together with enough range that a confuse trap would work. Incidentally, you don't have to confuse them if you don't feel comfortable doing so. You could also easily paralyze them or freeze them to cause them to not move at all.