Default I Need Motivation

Within the next year, I will start playing PSU. I won't be playing online or doing anything special, I just want to play it b/c I hear it's good. What are the main aspects of offline PSU that really shine? I'll be playing on the 360. Also, what's the difference b/t regular PSU and AotI?

The aspect of PSU offline that makes the game shine? The absence of Sega's bumbling clusterfuck support is a positive I think.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    The aspect of PSU offline that makes the game shine? The absence of Sega's bumbling clusterfuck support is a positive I think.
    Winnar!

Also, unless you go PC or PS2 version, you wouldn't be able to play AOI offline. For 360 it is network mode onry.

Version 1 is playable offline for all platforms, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by raikomaru40 View Post
    What are the main aspects of offline PSU that really shine??
    you get to play as Ethan Waber! :E

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

I might agree PSU AOTI might be better offline then online in some ways but not the original. Outside story mode the original offers very little. If your going to play PSU offline best to get a version with AOTI available offline.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

There are some differences between v.1 (vanilla PSU) and it's expansion (AoI).

The core gameplay is roughly the same, with AoI bringing much needed tweaks and additional content to the game. From my understanding, you can't play the AoI content offline on the 360 (once again, I'm unsure as I don't own it), so you might be missing out on some good stuff.

Overall though, if you at least enjoy the aspect of leveling up with a dash of story and item hunting, you should get a decent amount enjoyment from offline mode.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    There are some differences between v.1 (vanilla PSU) and it's expansion (AoI).

The core gameplay is roughly the same, with AoI bringing much needed tweaks and additional content to the game. From my understanding, you can't play the AoI content offline on the 360 (once again, I'm unsure as I don't own it), so you might be missing out on some good stuff.

Overall though, if you at least enjoy the aspect of leveling up with a dash of story and item hunting, you should get a decent amount enjoyment from offline mode.
    Yes, that is true. You cannot play the AoI content offline on the 360 I have it on the 360. I kinda do like it online, just to get the interaction with the people that are still playing. The major downside to the online, besides the lack of updates, is 80% of the people flock to 1 mission. Soo... Yeah thats all, I'm rambling again. Hope you enjoy the game
    Worst/ best fanfic ever. Good for laughs, check out the guy's others. <-- Try not to laugh
    Pupil me please. Lonereaper has the rare noodle bowl, so there is a chance for it, also pyrocles115 is basically a tank.
    http://lonereaper.mybrute.com<-- Try it out
    http://Pyrocles115.mybrute.com<-- Try it out
    http://immortal2plz.mybrute.com<-- Try it out

Alright, sounds good. One more thing, what's the deal with character customization? Is it there? I see people playing as Ethan and different characters. Is it just during the main storyline you have to be him, or is it a 'clear save data' thing?

For the main story you play as Ethan. After you get far enough into the story it unlocks an option for extra mode. This lets you create your own character and go through free missions you unlocked in story mode. You can make any race or sex but you only get three job classes offline Hunter, Ranger and Force. Also in ver1 you get very limited choices in clothing and parts.