Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default New info from Famitsu (Nov. 20)

Here is some more new information on PS0 from the latest issue of Famitsu, via Shougai PSO.

Cities - Quest counters
    * You can select "Go to the field" from the counter. These missions will have increased drop rates, but you will not receive rewards for clearing the mission.
    * Choose "Accept quest" from the counter, and the missions will earn you increased EXP as well as rewards for clearing the mission.
    * There are main quests and sub quests. By clearing a main quest, you will advance the story as well as unlock sub quests.
    * You can accept co-op quests while in wireless play mode.
    * Select "Choose partners" from the counter to add NPCs to your party.

Cities - Personal counter
    * You can use the "trunk" at a personal counter to store items and Meseta.
    * There is also a feature called "player's trunk" which acts like PSU common box. In other words, it lets you store items to transfer between characters.
    * The option "item trade" becomes available only in multi-player mode. This allows you to trade items with friends.
    * "Player record" is another option at the personal counter. Details are unknown on this feature.

Fields - Layout
    * Fields are separated into "zones" and "blocks."
    * A zone is defined as a fixed map, while a block describes randomized maps.
    * Rare blocks can appear. In these areas, you'll find rare containers.
    * The Naura Cake Shop and an area are both mentioned to appear in some fields.

Fields - Progression
    * You'll enter a field and be in the first section of a zone.
    * As you progress, you'll enter a block which will tie together the first section with the mid-way zone. This block has a chance of being a rare block with rare enemies.
    * The mid-way zone can include event scenes or a mini-boss.
    * Next you'll move on to the final zone of a map.
    * A new block ties together the final zone and the boss zone. This block has a chance of being rare.
    * Finally, you move on to the boss zone where you will face off against the mission's boss.

Items
    * You cannot drop items to trade; it can only be done through in-game windows.
    * Twinkle Star returns as a rare weapon.

Enemies
    * Usani - A rabbit-like enemy from the Rioh Snowfields. (The name seems to be a cross between usagi and bunny.)
    * Hildegao - A large monkey-like creature similar to PSO's Hildebear. It inhabits the Rioh Snowfields.
    * Hildegana - A large monkey-like creature similar to PSO's Hildebear. It inhabits the Rioh Snowfields.

Major characters
    * Gray (human male) is a member of the Hunters Guild. He offers a tutorial program and acts as a guide.

Miscellaneous
    * The BGM will change when rare enemies appear (making it seem like rare enemies have their own unique battle themes from normal enemies).
    Last edited by EspioKaos; Nov 20, 2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Corrected an enemy name.

All of this sounds awesome! It seems like more effort has gone into this than into PSU!
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Nice, thanks a lot for the info. Maybe you should update PSŲ's info section?

Unfortunately, I don't have access to it, so I'll have to leave that to one of the admins.

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't have access to it, so I'll have to leave that to one of the admins.
    I see. Hmm, shouldn't you be mod or something? You seem incredibly suitable. o.o

...And has been around long enough and the most useful translator. I thought they had given Espio status a while ago...
    Next Red Box is mine! Either that or i eAt yoUR sOUl!
    Wait. We each get one now? Then give me yours. I know I got one! Give me yours anyway!

So there are three sections: the first section, the mid-way zone and the final zone (excluding the Boss' zone). The blocks that separates the first section with the mid-way zone, the mid-way zone with the final zone and the final with the boss' zone have a chance of being a rare block.

What I want to know is are there rare blocks in between any of the sections?

Well at least the stages are unique to that of PSO and PSU.

Hurray for "Player's Trunk", "Rare Blocks (Maps)" and "BGM changes when rare monsters appear".

It sounds like they've paid a lot of attention to details.

This game is shaping up to be the best Phantasy Star Online to date.

Let's hope there won't be any critical game-breaking bug in this version. Especially since they won't be able to patch it up, short of recalling and replacing your DS cart.

edit: Indeed, nice work EspioKaos.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

EspioKaos is actually one of the Team Contributors if you guys didn't know-
    http://www.pso-world.com/staffers.php

The PSZ page on the site will be updated in time.

I have to say I'm interested in the "go to the field" option. That sounds similar to PSO's "go through the zones on your own" system if I'm reading that right.

Also, this might seem minor to most, but having the music change for a rare enemy spawn is just another one of those small adjustments that will make the game that much more entertaining.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

& stirring up controversy
    Lake WorthLESS, FLO-RIDA, IN DAH GHETTO CUZ I'M A GANGSTUH

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    EspioKaos is actually one of the Team Contributors if you guys didn't know-
    http://www.pso-world.com/staffers.php

The PSZ page on the site will be updated in time.

I have to say I'm interested in the "go to the field" option. That sounds similar to PSO's "go through the zones on your own" system if I'm reading that right.

Also, this might seem minor to most, but having the music change for a rare enemy spawn is just another one of those small adjustments that will make the game that much more entertaining.
    Indeed. Minor things such as this actually make a HUGE impact on the overall quality of the game. It's a bit ironic how PSZ, a DS game, is turning out to have more features than it's predecessor PSU, which is on major consoles like PS2, 360, and PC.