Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Most 'complete' DS game to date?

Sure, there are alot of great DS games out there (there's a reason that the DS is my favorite console alongside the NES), but looking at all the features in this one, it seems so... complete. Not only does the game LOOK awesome as hell, but all these smaller things; Everything from the chat function to the equipment screen. These little things adds so much to the game, which is something more developers should take notice of.

This is seemingly as complete as Phantasy Star Online was, and it's freakin' handheld. It involves so much awesomeness that it's overwhelming. I have no doubts at all that I will be glued to my DS for hours upon hours.

Anyway, does anyone agree? I sure agree with myself... obviously.
    ...Rest in peace, ol' chap. :'(

I'm going to have to agree. I've had a DS ever since launch day, and honestly, this game has more stuff in it than in any game I've seen or played so far. The only ones that I would think come close are SquEnix games, like The World Ends with You, Dragon Quest IX, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (Poor-man's PSO?), but it doesn't even seem that those would compare. (Then again, DQ9 isn't out yet, soo...)

But yeah. It's almost hard to imagine that Sonic Team's putting so much work and effort into this game when a bunch of crap is on the shelves.
    Blue Blue Glass Moon, Under the Crimson Air
    PSŲ (JP): ジェネヴィヴ (Lv.58 HUnewearl) :: Dahlia (Lv.26 FOmarl) :: X-MASS (Lv.06 HUcaseal)
    PSŲ (US): Potpourri (Lv.00 FOnewearl) :: Adelina (Lv.00 RAmarl) :: Brynhildr (Lv.00 RAcaseal)

I would say this is definitely a big game for the DS, just like the PSP was for the PSP. However, there's a lot of *complete* games on the DS, that afford a whole lot of hours of enjoyment. For instance, Disgaea was ported and any copy of Disgaea is a *complete* experience. If you haven't played it, or played it for 1000+ hours like many folks have, do yourself a favor and pick it up. Unless you don't like turn-based Strategy RPG.

Another good candidate would be the recently-released Age of Empires: Mythologies. It's another turn-based game, but based more on building armies, utilizing mythological god powers, and using crazy mythological units. It's a big PC strategy game crammed into a little unit. A very complete game, with a wi-fi multiplayer option.

So as it seems, when it comes to strategy, the DS has games that are as complete as they can get.

I agree, this is one of those near perfect DS games. The others imo being Animal Crossing: Wild World, Nintendogs, Final Fantasy III, V, and Nintendogs.
    Last edited by Raikusxox; Dec 12, 2008 at 11:52 AM.

I'm glad people agree.

Akaimizu: I have played Disgaea. For about an our or so. I love TRPGs and all, and Disgaea is by far the most complete TRPG I've played. The fact that you can actually move around in real-time outside of maps = awesome! But, one thing ruined it for me... The theme of the game, and the voice of the protagonist. :/

I prefer not to play as a boy who have yet to hit puberty.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Well, data compression just keeps getting better and better. I'm not sure about most complete, but I'm willing to barter that this might just be the most played DS title out of most DS owners here
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Haha, yeah, no kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind
    I'm not sure about most complete, but I'm willing to barter that this might just be the most played DS title out of most DS owners here.

Eh, except for me. My most played game will be Metroid Prime Hunters, I don't think there will be a game that will beat that. However I Love Online RPGs (MMORPG's really) a lot more then FPS' so we will see.

I have clocked about 100 hours on MPH I believe. :P

MPH was great... but all the Trace users online kinda made me hate it. In a match with 3 cloaked and camping snipers, things get annoying kinda fast.

That said, while I think PSŲ will probably be in my DS a lot, it still won't beat the amount of hours I put into Daigasso! Band Brothers/DX.
    Blue Blue Glass Moon, Under the Crimson Air
    PSŲ (JP): ジェネヴィヴ (Lv.58 HUnewearl) :: Dahlia (Lv.26 FOmarl) :: X-MASS (Lv.06 HUcaseal)
    PSŲ (US): Potpourri (Lv.00 FOnewearl) :: Adelina (Lv.00 RAmarl) :: Brynhildr (Lv.00 RAcaseal)