View Poll Results: acrotechers with L40 techs

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, I want to do more than be a resta bot!

20 22.47%
  • no, Acro techers are overpowered as it is

40 44.94%
  • No change needed, they are fine

29 32.58%
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Default Poll: Acrotecher level *40* techs?

With master classes coming out, and level 50 techs being available, Acro techers go from being the second best techers, to the third best, and that is by a pretty large margin. While tier 5 support techs are "great" it won't do anything but keep up, as fTs will get tier 4 support techs. And since fTs got the HP bump, the only thing that makes Acro techers worth playing, is a little melee...

So how do you feel about giving Acrotechers level 40 techs? fTs will still have the element, and power bonus of rods, plus thier natural pp redcution. And better TP/MST stat should keep them comfortably ahead of the acro.

What say you?

Yes or No?

Or, you could switch classes. Acros will and always be, master healers. Besides, lv41 Support is a huge leap in range and power.

edit:

Sure, lv21 attack techs aren't that big (no no, they are quite huge you freaks), but to be honest, lv31 isn't that much bigger (god I can hear my xbox CRYING). Are you having trouble hitting mobs? If you are, I say a change of class is in order. It sounds like you are not enjoying Acrotecher.
    Last edited by Zarode; Dec 15, 2008 at 11:25 AM.

You actually said AT's are NOT the BEST support class?

They should just get their 50 support and be done. They will be VERY useful compaired to a fT in later missions.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Dec 15, 2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Removed flamebait.

Heal-bombing you~. <3 Ethateral's Avatar

No. Acrotecher is the support class. Nuff said.

They should excel in support, not support and Tech attacking. They can already use striking weapons and do nice damage as is. They don't need Lv. 40 Techs. When they get the 41+ supports, it far excels over what they already had at 31. Acrotechers excel in support, while utilizing the ability to Tech and use striking at an increased speed.
    PSO2 - Ethateral FONewearl
    PSP2i - Ethateral 200 FNewman Force 50
    http://psupedia.info/User:Ethateral
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Shinthateral

No, I think it will be balanced as it is.

MF: level 50 attack, level 10 support --> Nuker
    FT: level 40 attack, level 40 support --> Balanced
    AT: level 30 attack, level 50 support --> Support

If anything I think the Masterforce is the least balanced out of all of them. The only have level 10 support. They might as well not even equip any support spells. FT on the other hand has a perfect balance and AT are great with support. Also don't initially underestimate level 30 attack spells that have level 50 buffs attached to it. Giving AT level 40 attack spells would make FT pretty much obsolete.
    Work hard, play harder.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

I think Acrotecher should get level 50 techs (ALL thecs, not just healing ones!) PLUS level 50 whip, slicer and rifle.

AT will be fine; it's never been a very good type from a strict DPS whore standpoint, and this only helps it.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

It's designed to be the best support, and it still gets the best support techs. I'd say it's fine how it is.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    It's designed to be the best support, and it still gets the best support techs. I'd say it's fine how it is.
    I agree. I don't see much to worry about because it's supposed to be the third best attack techer class.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

I was about to say the same thing. Regarding Attack Techs, and the addition of the Master Force.....the Acrotecher was designed to be the 2nd and now 3rd best attack techer. Especially since it can still claim to be number 1 in support. Take note, it's a big thing to be seen as Number 1 in ANY position in this game.

Besides, there's more value of being a top support techer than a top attack techer considering how relatively powerful position 2, 3, and (situationally) 4, and 5 are.

When it comes to supports, there's a lot more bumping of heads. You always have a primary buffer/healer/giresta caster...and whatever party you are in, you're free to take the helm of that responsibility. Basically, only combat/emergency heals are in the *free* category, where it's always good to have backup players to cover healing detail.

When it comes to attack techs, any techer will be free to use them, especially in certain specific situations where all techers (since they have at least level 30 access) will do good to use attack techs at the time. Never forget, that Acrotechers still automatically get a casting speed boost, without a unit and they're (by their melee side) still going to be perhaps the 2nd most robust/tough techer out there. Having top support and very decent survivability is a strong thing.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Dec 15, 2008 at 12:53 PM.