Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wait what, PS0 had poor sales in Japan? When the hell did that happen?
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

More like it didn't happen, which means there was no "when".

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Who said anything about 2D
    *sigh*

Actually, you did. You specifically said "3D doesn't have any life compared to good old animation".

I feel any further discussion is useless. You are clearly not presenting your arguments rationally or with much consistency.
    Last edited by Callous; Jan 15, 2009 at 07:50 AM.

Its sales don't seem to have been as good as PSP's. Either way, I've got my copies of both games so beating around about how well games sold or didn't doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

Blue Burst/Zero FTW!

And I have no clue why. DS and PSP were both incredibly popular at their own respectable times in Japan, so it shouldnt be the system holding the game back from sales. Personally, I can only see how much better PS0 is from PSU and PSP. I mean, PSP was basically a port of PSU and it had a couple of changes to the overall structure of gameplay, and I hated PSU right off the bat. But Phantasy Star 0 is brand new and completely different from what we've been playing this whole time with PSP, it basically takes the best of PSO and PSU and puts it all in a portable game on the DS with free online wifi. So to me, it's an absolute no brainer as to which game is better. I'm incredibly surprised by the sales figures.

Does anyone have the sales figures? I'm interested. And baffled.
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

Around 150,000 combined for the first two weeks.

I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that PSU is currently quite popular in Japan while PSO is like 8 years old. I'm also thinking it has to do with PS:P riding a bit on the coattails of the success of Monster Hunter. The commercials sort of made it seem like the same kind of thing.
    Last edited by Callous; Jan 15, 2009 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    There is slowdown when you use the touch panel and are moving at the same time so lobbies are probably impossible, unfortunatly. A five man party might work but I can't see the lobby working in a PSO style.
    I didn't notice before, guess I'll try it tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Callous View Post
    *sigh*

Actually, you did. You specifically said "3D doesn't have any life compared to good old animation".

I feel any further discussion is useless. You are clearly not presenting your arguments rationally or with much consistency.
    I was talking about TV shows, but you get points for trying son.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Its sales don't seem to have been as good as PSP's. Either way, I've got my copies of both games so beating around about how well games sold or didn't doesn't mean a whole lot to me.
    Hey same here, I don't care if it sales well or not, but fact of a matter is, if it doesn't do good, there won't be another one anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cApNhOwDy View Post
    And I have no clue why. DS and PSP were both incredibly popular at their own respectable times in Japan, so it shouldnt be the system holding the game back from sales. Personally, I can only see how much better PS0 is from PSU and PSP. I mean, PSP was basically a port of PSU and it had a couple of changes to the overall structure of gameplay, and I hated PSU right off the bat. But Phantasy Star 0 is brand new and completely different from what we've been playing this whole time with PSP, it basically takes the best of PSO and PSU and puts it all in a portable game on the DS with free online wifi. So to me, it's an absolute no brainer as to which game is better. I'm incredibly surprised by the sales figures.
    The main problem might not be the game itself but the system. Right now, the NDS is the powerhouse system for RPGs. PSO is a great franshise and Japanese gamers love it, but they love their Square-Enix even more. Don't think gamers over there will even be thinking of this game when DragonQuest IX comes out >_>
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Although you already said it to Percy, I will also say that I consider it a loss when it comes to Ultimate mode dissapearing. But, we can't have everything or SEGA won't have a means to get our money past this game.
    Here's hoping for a sequel, or better yet, a console type PSO/0 sequel...
    Last edited by Dragwind; Jan 17, 2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Removed flamebait
    Next Red Box is mine! Either that or i eAt yoUR sOUl!
    Wait. We each get one now? Then give me yours. I know I got one! Give me yours anyway!

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Stay on topic folks.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!