Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Where is all these numbers coming from?

Brightness Circle + 4 Resist/Devils + Shield of Delsaber/Light Relief gives you 110 EDK. That's as high as it can get for GC. Exceeding that would mean someone is using hacked items.

Shield of Delsaber/Light Relief boost 25 EDK.
    4 Resist/Devils boosts 60 EDK.
    Three Seals boosts 33 EDK.

So max there is 118. 126 is coming from what?

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

I use a Brightness Circle/ Delsaber's Shield and it gives me enough EDK to survive a few shots before I die.

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance

Highest EDK rating I've achieved was 104 today. Stink Frame/Shield of Delsaber/4 Resist/Devils....

Yep. Megid isn't killing me at all from Lillies. Still bringing a Scape though, just in case. Can never be too careful when playing reckless around Lillies.

You can outrange Mil Lillys with handguns... I've done it before.

You can live with just 43 cause I've died once in the whole Caves.
    Just be smart and DODGE the GBD (Giant Blobs of Death) And You will be just fine.

Of course manual evasion should be considered. It's just plain smart. There are some instances where you cannot manually evade the attack though, like if the Lilly appears unexpectedly, or if you're frozen or surrounded by a horde of enemies (I've been in all three instances... more than enough times to count. High EDK was my saving grace). A Mil Lilly will laugh at a Handgun's range, since it's Megid will reach you, should you be slow on the trigger, or shoot a damn box! Nothing worse than trying to shoot an Ob Lilly, and your character decides to go a little to the left and shoot the box... *Megid hits, you fall to the ground..... dead* A very quick way to take them out would be, if you have the option to, use a combination of Shifta and Zalure, and just blow the heck out of them with a Mech-type. NHH should be enough to kill 'em, or at least get them to do their suicidal attack.

Quote Originally Posted by psofan219 View Post
    harder than, if you had say, 0 EDK! I died so many times before I realized what the problem was...
    I died from a Zol Gibbons megid when my EDK was 0. There megid is like lvl 1. -_-

No reason to go so high for lillies. There just aren't many situations where one needs EDK for the caves. The only one I remember was this one quest where you end up being trapped in a barrier and surrounded by them. In most situations the best thing to do as a RAnger is to get close to them and use a shot weapon.

Only time I use EDK items is when I try to solo PW4.
    AURA FIELD (20)
    4x Resists (60)
    DELSABER'S SHIELD (25)

For a total of 105 EDK.

62 is the bare minimum EDK needed to survive Lily Megid 100% of the time.
    I am determined that it's correct after many tests back on GC.
    I haven't really done so on BB, but I don't exactly care to since it should be exactly the same.
    IMO, The effort it takes to make your EDK so high doesn't out-way the benefits of greater unit usage for getting the job done faster and more efficiently.
    Besides, Lillies are really the only reason people die to Megid. With Gran Sorcerers, if you can't kill it during it's first Grants phase and during the beginning part of Megid phase... go back to Vhard and level.