Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Skilled Fighter

Default I much prefer this game to PSU

I only recently got this game, and after playing PSU, I must say its more like PSO, ie more fun, in my opinion.

The one thing I hated in PSU was the way rares were handled. I thought it spoiled the one thing that made PSO great, the chance of looting a rare weapon, there and then. I just hated the whole weapon synth thing. PSU, is still an good game though.

Anyway, just my thoughts on what appears to be a great handheld game for PSP.
    Last edited by AndyPandy; Aug 12, 2009 at 08:18 AM.

yes I agree. actually finding a weapon is usually more fun than synthing one.
    PSO2 Ramen Force Newman Male
    Ship 10
    Block 20

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

I agree as well. I never liked synthing at all. The only time I do synth is to make Room Decos...and free Scape dolls. Yea I be cheap like that. Also I like the grinding aspect. I don't have to worry about breakage aside from the Meat weapons. But then again I don't use em so its no biggy. Another thing is I can grind quests to get the special outfits instead of runnin a special mission OVER AND OVER just to get a freakin rare item just to find out I need X amount of other hard to get rare items. Bull honkery. Oh and the "Bleep Bloops" are fun to get. "I died 100 times on purpose! OOOOOH RAPPY SUIT!!!!". Ya know, playing "Yakety Sax" while trying to get that achievement is fun as hell.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Actually finding weapons is one of the few things I prefer in PSP over PSU. Other than that, it's virtually the same game with minor differences and less to do.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I prefer PSU still. Although the portable-ness of PS:P is great, it's just not the same to me.
    This game is a bit too east after you reach high levels, and I now have 2 characters I beat the game with.
    I really cant wait til the new one comes out, I hope it's soon too.
    (is the US/EU one due out in January? or was that the JP one?)
    Either way, I'll switch my file to the JP one just to play the second PS:P. Then when it comes out in US/EU, I will just switch my file back over.

That you can find weapons with up to 50% attribute just kicks the crap out of synthing in PSU. I have yet to get a 50% anything outside Bouquets in PSU but have more 50% stuff in PSP then I know what to do with.

Yea, I do like that part of it, but if it were that easy in PSU, I think people would just complain about how easy it would be, because they are still complaining it's too easy.
    Of all my weapons (on my main character) if I have the same weapon, I keep the highest % and sell the rest.
    I tend to keep only 50% or 49% weps. I only keep 50% armors. (Have all 50% Red Lines)
    That took me over 100+ hours to get too. In those 100+ hours doing True Darkness runs, I've only gotten 1 Guld & Milla too, so you can see how rare those are lol.

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

I got a Saber that was 50% ice. What did I do with it? I grinded that sucker to 10/10. For no reason. Maybe because it was 2:30 in the mornin and I was suffering from a bout of "CRAZY TYME"

The things I liked best about PS:P:

* The pace for learning skills was fast enough that I was able to master ALL the jobs... not just ranks but playing with maxed skill levels, while I was still interested. I got as far as starting Beast and Cast characters as dedicated FighMaster and GunMaster but got very bored trying to hunt appropriate rares for them.
    PSU was slow so that the only thing really within my level of patience / time to play was mastering a single job. It fits since it's more of an MMO and players are supposed to depend on each other to compensate for individual limitations... but I'm not the sort who can play the game like rocking a shotgun is my full-time job.

* The character classes have a lot more breadth. Every job has a wide variety of good melee weapon types, can shoot to some effect, and cast techniques... which is an absolute good for the fact that it reminds me of PSO, never mind the actual utility (I can't count the number of situations Tornado Dance saved me from as a Force) one strange note is that as a Protranser I'm using mostly the the weapons they didn't have in PSU - rifle, doubles, twin claw, and rod lol.

* Race balance is a lot better for Humans and Newmans... partly because of RCSM access on all non-magic jobs, and decent statistical balance on the hybrid classes. RCSMs and they're strong enough to make up for the loss of ATP a bit, especially when using mag/slicer as a fighter or mag/saber as a gunner.

* The set of job types make sense. The list isn't padded out with a million variations of "nonmagical fighter/gunner hybrid" and the two types that can sort-of use magic weren't beaten with a nerfing stick for the privilege. On the downside I don't see what room ST's left themselves for additional guardian types in PS:P2
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Coming from 3 years of PSU 360 to PSP it's very rewarding to finally find some decent rares. It's also really fun to level spells and bullets with blinding speed(compared to PSU). I can't say I like the PSP version better, but it's certainly fun!