Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dnd View Post
    Blah, if only i could do the same (only warrior tank in the guild ._.)
    im the main pally tank as well ~ but since we cleared icc 4 bosses in a day... nothing much to do = =|| curse blizzard why cant they just release the whole content

FC eden - 4984 5078 1729
    100 HUmarl, 8x HUcast, 8x FOnewearl

Phantasy Star 0 is my "Game of the Year!" I was way into the original Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast, and Zero seems like it was designed for PSO vets. It's the only game since that has rekindled that addiction.

5414 0106 1003
    Lv93 HUcast - Thanatos | Lv55 RAmar - Roland | Lv29 FOnewearl - Amberle

Every PS game I've played I've absolutely loved. Sure Ethan was/is the epitome of annoying, but that doesn't make the game bad. PSO got me into the PS games and I still haven't done everything despite 400+ hours on PSO alone...gotta love the massive amount of stuff to do there...

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-Vix View Post
    It's very similar to PSO in most ways, the only downsides are less character costumes, and not being able to quick-use all techniques.
    mmmm yeah, sorta forgot about that bit
    it is a pain not being able to cast from a menu (AT ALL)
    if you want to use techniques it NEEDS to be on your pallette.

AS FOR MAGS:
    they (thankfully) work almost exactly like they did in PSO. i beleive theres no iq stat any more (which is a plus) the mags look different and there are new photonblasts that replace the old ones but past that its essentially the same mechanic.

I am a Pal Rappy to know what you are take the quiz here.

HOLY SH*T that rappy just took out half my health!!!
    ~me on my first encounter with an El Rappy

its like PSO and its on the GO whats not to like about that ITS more enjoyable outside the house and especially playing it multi outside the house XD
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

As has been pointed out, this is not necessarily the best place to find an "objective" answer for your question. There may not be a real answer to it anyway because everyone has different personal preferences. If you like what PSO has to offer, then I think you will probably find PSZ fun. While some of the "downgrades" in PSZ compared to PSO have already been discussed there are actual improvements too. For example, I think the photon arts in PSZ add variety and make gameplay less repetitive than it was in PSO. Variety seems to be one advantage PSZ has over PSO.

With the rare areas, randomization of fields, and rare enemies, playing the same areas over and over again in PSZ seems to be more enjoyable than it was in PSO. To me that is one huge positive of PSZ. When you play a RPG where rare item hunting can be a significant part of the game it is nice to be able to play the same areas multiple times without getting bored easily. Also, the eternal tower offers a challenge and good items if you put the time into it. As long as you do not think that offline story should be really important in a game like PSZ (which I doubt considering you played PSO) then I think you can have a good time playing PSZ.

dealing with real life Donnikun's Avatar

Phantasy Star Online overall is still the best one ever, however this game is a very good game. its like PSO is a hundred dollar bill Phantasy Star Zero is a 50 dollar bill among a bunch of one dollar bills. its like, yeah its not one hundred bucks, but its a heck of a lot better than one lousy buck. Bacically thats how i look at PSO and PSZ aligned with most other games in existance.

and keep in mind its a DS game, as far as games overall go, it may not be so in depth, but take the DS console and its games alone, this game is major pwnage of depth and graphics, very few games reached this level so far on DS. Only ones are like pokemon, and some other major titles. However i hear level 5 is supposed to be doing some game work over the next year or two with DS that is supposed to take full advantage of its game card memory. There was a nintendo power article about it, one of the games is called fantasy life, and another i dont remember offhand, but looks very awesome.
    Last edited by Donnikun; Dec 17, 2009 at 03:25 AM.
    Oh look at the cute little rappy!! OH MY GOD HE GOT BRAINED BY A RAmar!!!!!!
    PSZ info: NN: Donald FC: 1806-2273-0285

I am a Pal Rappy to know what you are take the quiz here.

It's awesome! Finally I can play a pint sized version of PSO while watching TV and I can take it on the go.

It has it's flaws, most have been named. All in all though I'm impressed, and I was able to convert my husband who was a PS virgin...he can't put the game down now.

yep basically i think its the best nds game i've played so far, and the one thats got me addicted for the longest.

FC eden - 4984 5078 1729
    100 HUmarl, 8x HUcast, 8x FOnewearl