Thread: Resistances

Default Resistances

Do enemies have a specific element attached to them which make their attacks all fire (for example) based?

I ask this because I know that enemies shoot fire, such as the dragon, and other shoot dark attacks, such as Dark Falz, yet I haven't noticed any electric based attacks yet.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

i also had a ghowl shoot a fireball at me...i hope that is true because then they probably have weaknesses as well
    Remember, You are unique. Just like everybody else...hehe think about.

As a note, I remembered that those seals in the wetlands use electric attacks, but is that the only thing you really need lightning resistance for?
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJG View Post
    As a note, I remembered that those seals in the wetlands use electric attacks, but is that the only thing you really need lightning resistance for?
    Maybe, but a Miyabi Hakama (24% lightning res) is good for Ozette anyway, what with its set bonuses with the Karakasa and Bangasa Jikomis. Gotta love what Bullet Dance does to Octo Diablo. Or at least, it's always worked for me.

Also, I find that jacking up fire resistance is a big help in the Arca Plant, since the Korse swarms with their death-laser volleys actually start to hurt on Hard, and it's not like the DFP loss makes such a big difference against Arkzein missiles anyway. I'd still switch to more conventional equipment for Humilias, though.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Yes enemies have certain resistances. Try using Megid in the white part of Dark Shrine.

DoubleJG wasn't asking if enemies have resistances or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Epically Leet View Post
    Don't take dumps in public restrooms. When you least expect it, something'll come up from the toilet and bite you in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJG View Post
    Do enemies have a specific element attached to them which make their attacks all fire (for example) based?

I ask this because I know that enemies shoot fire, such as the dragon, and other shoot dark attacks, such as Dark Falz, yet I haven't noticed any electric based attacks yet.
    The seal looking things in the Swamp use electirc based attacks, and the octupus attacks aswell i think. If you wear a octopus suit the octopus can barely damage you with his attacks and all that resists is lightning damage.
    Last edited by Ice_ryu; Dec 18, 2009 at 11:55 AM.
    PS Zero FC: 4941 5533 9743

HUmans all the way baby!!!

I dont think normal melee attacks have an attribute, like a Ghowl ankle biting you. Their foie is obviously fire based. Finjer R and Korse lasers people have said are fire based also.