Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

xD
    Sakai has posted a wall-of-text about the item download on the blog today... I'll let someone who can read it translate it better, but the general theme is:

He knows the price of these items is probably a little controversial but basically the price of the DL items is going to subsidise the cost of running the server (He also notes in highlighted text that you are getting free missions remember...) He agrees that things probably should be a little cheaper but then states if they did make them cheaper they wouldn't even cover the cost of making the items in the first place, let alone supporting the server.

Theres more but it basically all amounts to: "You're getting a free online server, we have to try and make you pay for something"
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Yes, not buying them is like stealing Sonic Team for playing for free.... -.-

Deragan Sakai has a point though. I didn't think of that until Amherst brought it up. I guess it makes sense though. Though I'd rather get free items and pay for the server, because I never seem to go online since no one goes on around the times that I could go online.

Entity of the ORN Empire
    The Sword of Judgement Cora Solais

Or, they could make a REAL infastructure mode that ACTUALLY lets you play using the game's system...

Other games have it, honestly, P2P doesn't work THAT bad.

This only makes me thing the western release will not have infrastructure mode...

That and maybe the DL Items will either be in the game already, or just trash them altogether if theres no infrastructure mode. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Entity of the ORN Empire
    The Sword of Judgement Cora Solais

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Stag Cutlery was originally male only in PSO if I remember correctly, so they probably did that for nostalgic reasons.

It also looks like the PSO Last Survivor is now an axe?
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I am using last survivor (or at least a sword that looks exactly like it) and it is definitely a sword >.> still hp drains too

No, that is different one.
    Last survvior repca is sword, but the axe I shows is new stuffs.

I also changed the post to screen shot thread, because I posted in on wrong place lol!
    Last edited by Arika; Dec 20, 2009 at 10:35 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbog View Post
    What is it with all games these days, I want to buy virtual cloths with virtual money or earn it in-game... not buying it with real money, its way to easy that way and don't give any satisfaction when you got it.

Also I don't get why so many people supporting Cash items...
    Because in the past it wasn't possible to add new items to games, so everything had to be in the game by default and accessable normally or via passwords. Nowadays developers can create new content and add it to the game, is it so unreasonable that they expect to be paid for this?

For Christmas items, I think these ones really should have been free, but for the most part I don't mind paying. I personally wouldn't bother getting this stuff, but we're not missing out on anything significant by not bothering.

Besides.. much like PSP1, I doubt any of this stuff will be released for the Western version.