Page 418 of 463 FirstFirst ... 318368408415416417418419420421428 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 4625

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    how do elemental bullets compare with power ones on the guns that have access to both?
    Power bullets have 60-80% range, 80% of the acc (when used to check for evades), cost 1-3 less pp... in exchange for about 10% more on the damage (losing the 5% bonus from the elemental hit though). This is of course depending on the weapon of choice.

In a nutshell and oversimplified? By using elemental hit you'll trade ~5% of your damage for an added 20% on your chance to hit, 20-40% more range, and the extra cost of 1-3 more pp per bullet (11-16% more compared to power). But the 5% added damage is only when your element matching properly and doesn't work on neutral weapons.

Overall I think they are close enough that a few evades can easily tip the balance of which is stronger. But if every shot hits and I sit there and empty my entire pp gauge with elemental hits, let it refill all the way, then empty my gauge again by firing power shots.... the power shots would do about 7-9%(15-30%) more damage (assuming every single shot hits for both).

Using twin hand gun:
    If your not constantly running out of pp.. then a miss rate > 1/20th means elemental hit will do more damage
    If you are constantly running out of pp... then a miss rate > 1/6th would also mean elemental hit would likely do more damage
    Last edited by Jiero; Aug 13, 2011 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiden View Post
    I disconnect randomly when I join another persons game.
    It is known to happen whenever, but for some reason seems to happen more often during longer sessions. (Connection with the host has been lost) Something in regards to that. It sort of stopped me from playing the game all together and in the end being fairly disappointed.

I even bought the PSP3001 because I was told its online speed was enhanced.
    It tends to do that for games running longer than a few hours, it's probably the connection on their end or the synching between players that causes the disconnections.

Hi there! I have a question, I completed the first challenge mission using all types and I didn't get the "Mark of Versatility" achievement, is that a glitch or I'm missing something? I soloed the 1st level of challenge, so I want to know if the requirement is to have 4 players, 1 of each type, or just changing type and finishing a level with a single character.

I would like to know what is happening, Is it possible that I cannot get it anymore? If so, then my chance of getting all achievements is lost .

EDIT: After searching in the forum I've found the answer to my question, I'll leave the link to the thread in case somebody have the same question , thanks anyway!!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...rk+versatility
    Last edited by UberRottweiler; Aug 13, 2011 at 06:36 PM.
    PSPo2: Tassadar Male CAST lvl. 195, Hunter lvl.30, Vanguard lvl. 23

I am a Dark Falz to know what you are take the quiz here.

Oh, so that's why I didn't get the title. At first I thought you had to do it under the target time on everything. lol20 minutes on FO (minus the 15 minutes I AFK'd) in C1-1.

If only I had real friends to Challenge with. 8|

Is there any importance to using abilities that boost a weapons attack power or critical hit rate?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    Is there any importance to using abilities that boost a weapons attack power or critical hit rate?
    Critical Hit one is really good, i dont know about the AP one.
    I'm pretty sure they are not that useful but if you are focusing on one weapon type and damage, then yeah.

Psp2i:
    Newearl, Ori Ur'Shimana Lvl12X (R:0) RNG Lv10, Vanguard Lv21
    Male Cast, Murlocking Lvl97 (R:0) Hunter Lv14, Vanguard Lv14
    Male Beast, Meanpower Lvl6X (R:0) Hunter Lvl3, Vanguard Lv9
    Female Human, ILLUMINA Lvl26 (R:0) Force Lv4
    Sig image is 372,177 bytes, keep your image at 50kb or less.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    It tends to do that for games running longer than a few hours, it's probably the connection on their end or the synching between players that causes the disconnections.
    There is no way to avoid said occurance?
    Infact to be honest I do not believe I have even been able to play for a full hour without a disconnect. If I do its rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiero View Post
    Power bullets have 60-80% range, 80% of the acc (when used to check for evades), cost 1-3 less pp... in exchange for about 10% more on the damage (losing the 5% bonus from the elemental hit though). This is of course depending on the weapon of choice.

In a nutshell and oversimplified? By using elemental hit you'll trade ~5% of your damage for an added 20% on your chance to hit, 20-40% more range, and the extra cost of 1-3 more pp per bullet (11-16% more compared to power). But the 5% added damage is only when your element matching properly and doesn't work on neutral weapons.

Overall I think they are close enough that a few evades can easily tip the balance of which is stronger. But if every shot hits and I sit there and empty my entire pp gauge with elemental hits, let it refill all the way, then empty my gauge again by firing power shots.... the power shots would do about 7-9%(15-30%) more damage (assuming every single shot hits for both).

Using twin hand gun:
    If your not constantly running out of pp.. then a miss rate > 1/20th means elemental hit will do more damage
    If you are constantly running out of pp... then a miss rate > 1/6th would also mean elemental hit would likely do more damage
    i primairly use shotguns and rifle's with 2 lumirus hit and 1 lumirus power.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

You should substitute the power for a resist module so that you can nullify a certain status condition. Gun's dont rely on ATK that much.
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

For Shotgun I would stick with either barada powga or barada saga depending on how much you need to ration your pp reserves. For a ranger it's not likely the reduced acc will cause a lot of evades, and with shotgun usually being used in close quarter combat then the range reduction is also a non-issue (elemental also gains a lot more pp cost). Barada saga will be about 70% of the damage for half the cost and I tend to use it on trash mobs (badira), while barada powga I use on bosses.

With rifle I tend to be partial to range or power (power for de ragan, range for de rol le), and have toyed around with buster (with a killer elite/skull sorcerer & bullet save) and found it useful at times when solo for incapping. Neither save nor hit appeal to me here... as I when use a rifle on my ranger then hitting is not a issue and having it die before reaching me is more important to me then pp saving. As it is, i tend to use power shot with rifles more then the others.

I usually prefer save shots on my twins though, as I tend to rely on those for mobile combo building more then direct damage dealing. But on these the bullets are far more balanced then any other ranged weapon, and I think an argument can be made for any of it's bullets.

Race also will play a small part in bullet selection, as I feel that casts get more benefit from save shots more then the others races due to their smaller pp pool and faster regen rates paired with their higher acc stat.
    Last edited by Jiero; Aug 14, 2011 at 01:33 PM.