Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MF TECHNIC's

Default MF TECHNIC's

im just starting to seriously work on masterforce and im wondering if there are any TECHs that are for lack of a better word useless to level. ive got most of my ra- TECHs above 41, and im working on my basic ones. is it worth it for a MF to have high gi- or dam- spells? ive got dambarta to about 33 but all the other dam- spells are only around 12. im also working on nos-zonde, and ive got nos-diga to 41 as well.
    also should i be using rods for basically just the nos and dam techs, and wands/TCSM's for the other ones?

I would say the only attack TECH that isn't all that great is Megiverse: it just doesn't hit often enough for it to be useful. Gi-TECHs are very useful for when enemies get close to you, and Dam-TECHs can be useful in smaller areas where Ra-TECHs can be difficult to use properly. As for rods vs. wand/TCSMs, that is an issue of power versus speed especially if you type match. I personally mostly use Rods, and only use Wands/TCSMs with simple techs on enemies that jump/move around a lot.

when you say type match do you mean like adding 4 ground spells to one rod to get the elemental bonus?

Yes, that's what I meant.

i think im gonna start trying to use rods more, i used to be an AT so im used to using wands/TCSMs, but after usin a pwand for a few runs i really like it

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

a few techs no longer worth the mustard as a MF as of AotI, and the recent patch

barta, megiverse, nosmegids

possible techs you may find useless:
    damdiga
    rafoie OR damfoie

why are they not as useful anymore, mind explaining a why?
    even rafoie? seems like all the ra- techs are useful.

Well, most MFs I've played with, myself included, avoid Rafoie because it causes all kinds of slowdown. As to Barta, my friend born on a Monday, I would like to know why you think it is useless. I find the opposite to be true: thanks to the fact that its SE level has been increased I find it very useful in corridor type areas where you have enemies lining up.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I would agree with nosmegid, somewhat noszonde, and megiverse. I would have said gi techs as well previously, but those seemed to get a boost I haven't and probably never will get the chance to test.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Well, most MFs I've played with, myself included, avoid Rafoie because it causes all kinds of slowdown. As to Barta, my friend born on a Monday, I would like to know why you think it is useless. I find the opposite to be true: thanks to the fact that its SE level has been increased I find it very useful in corridor type areas where you have enemies lining up.
    Vs a single target, Foie or diga outdamage it. Vs multiple enemies in a line, Barta's damage mod is so poor that in most cases you would be better off using Zonde, or Megids. Freeze level 3 at 41+? The only time I use barta is when is needs to go up a slope with a tech.